It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistance with Dream Analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hello ATS; I am looking for some assistance with a dream I had. I actually had two seemingly unrelated dreams last night and both were quite vivid. There was a lot of parts and feelings that I remember and because of that it makes it more difficult to discern whats hanging on my subconscious. I do have some ideas on some aspects of the dreams that I may chose to fill in whilst I share the dream but I will try to keep to just the dream so I don't muddy the waters until someone asks a specific question. Ok? Here we go..

Context: I'm male and in my mid-30's.

The first dream is pretty brief (or for what I can remember). I was in a city it was day time and busy walking to a shop for something but can't remember). I was walked into a photography studio instead and essentially inquired about a job as a model. The lady sat down and asked me some interview questions. The only question I remember was something to the effect of what emotion do I look for in a family photo? My response after a lot of thought was: "Delight and Happiness" (I'm not much of a family person) and the lady responded: "Sure its not alone?" I was a little uncomfortable with the response but said "No, when I think of family photos I think of fun and happiness" I struggled with an example and finally came up with the final scene of the starting credits from the show "Friends" where they are posing in the wishing well. She looked at me funny and quickly ended the interview because of an interruption from someone else. She mentioned something about having I guess a portfolio and something, something, it was all murmured and I couldn't hear. I got the impression she knew I had 0 modeling experience. So I just left from there and that's all I remember.....I have NO desire to be a model of any kind.

Second dream:

I forget the pretext but somehow I ended up in my best friends house. He apparently owned this house and when I got there he wasn't there. Being there I felt a sense of trouble from the start and upon arriving I run into his father (whom I have never met and he has only spoken to a few times in his life). He is looking for him also and after I asked a series of questions I could tell he was avoiding eye contact and sensed he was up to no good. I felt I needed to find my friend first and I walk upstairs to begin searching. When I walk into his room I sit down and here someone begin walking down the steps. I step out to look and it appears like its his dad with a shopping bag in his hands. I get nervous, I think he is taking something so I grab my concealed handgun (not uncommon in real life) feed one into chamber and go downstairs. When I confront him I see its not the dad but my friend and he has a bag of cash. He is running away from something so I confront him about it and he says "how would I feel to be abandoned?" So I quickly remind him about never knowing my dad not talking to my mother for over 20 years etc, etc and that at least he is here now. He begins to cry and agrees to work things out. His father was so happy with me that gives me the keys to his new car (BMW 5 series
) and I thank him and leave excited.

I walk outside to find the car but don't see it immediately so I walk a little further. Quickly I remember I left my gun in the house so turn to go back but the house is gone. Its just a row of shows and stores and before I could find the house I woke up.

Before I offer my opinions I'd like to hear from someone who has some experience with dreams and get their initial feelings from it.
Thanks in advance.
edit on 20-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Dream 1: you have an idea of what a perfect family would be - 'Friends', but are dismissed. You either know real-life-families aren't like that, or believe family life is not for you.

Dream 2: Sometimes, our subconscious will substitute another person in place of oneself. The mind is a funny thing, and though we try to deny the truth, our dreams have a way of presenting it so we can begin to deal with issues.
You have: abandonment
dream-come-true (finding father)
suspicion of motive- thinking the dad is wanting to steal something from the son (shopping bag in hand), but actually, it is the son who wants something.
The 'dream' is supposed to have a happy ending ( new car), but the car isn't there. It's a lie. You try to go back to the house ( where you left something you highly value-your side arm) and the house is gone. It was all just a pipe dream. No dad/son finding each other. No happy ending.

Summary: Don't put all of your effort in trying to capture something that was lost in the past. Yesterday is gone. If you focus on what was/has/might have been, that is where your energy will go- and you may loose a valuable part of present life in the process. The best things in life are created in the present moment, so make you make your future memories happy, or not.

Happiness is a CHOICE.

How'd I do?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'll bite. These are symbolic dreams for the most part, the second one involved others you engaged within the astral.
The interview has to do with finding more out about yourself and integrating separate aspects of your consciousness. Photography and modeling have to do with image and how we are perceived or seen by others.

In regards to the second one, the first thing that comes to mind is how we are often attracted to others due to a similar trauma or emotional wounding. It offers us a way to see that reflected to us in order to process the dynamic. I come from the perspective that we choose our parents based on this at the soul level as well in order to work through things in the physical. The father wanted to atone for his wrongs in the relationship with his son and you created a guarded space for him to do this in. The crying is an emotional release to the wall he had created around the issues. The money represents big changes are coming into his life. You were rewarded and felt elated for helping him. The setting was gone because that construct had dissolved, was no longer needed. This often happens in the astral as you work through things, it becomes more fluid and responsive to the situations.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Is your mother still alive?
Maybe you should try and get ahold of her.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Dream 2: Sometimes, our subconscious will substitute another person in place of oneself. The mind is a funny thing, and though we try to deny the truth, our dreams have a way of presenting it so we can begin to deal with issues.
You have: abandonment
dream-come-true (finding father)
suspicion of motive- thinking the dad is wanting to steal something from the son (shopping bag in hand), but actually, it is the son who wants something.
The 'dream' is supposed to have a happy ending ( new car), but the car isn't there. It's a lie. You try to go back to the house ( where you left something you highly value-your side arm) and the house is gone. It was all just a pipe dream. No dad/son finding each other. No happy ending.

Summary: Don't put all of your effort in trying to capture something that was lost in the past. Yesterday is gone. If you focus on what was/has/might have been, that is where your energy will go- and you may loose a valuable part of present life in the process. The best things in life are created in the present moment, so make you make your future memories happy, or not.

I would say you touched on some realities and I also agree the friend could easily represent me. I recognize meanings can vary and trying to sync it up with life is sometimes the challenge. Typically I find it pretty easy to deconstruct dreams but there was some much going on with a various different feelings. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as it helps provide other angles to look at it from.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: starshift
I'll bite. These are symbolic dreams for the most part, the second one involved others you engaged within the astral.
The interview has to do with finding more out about yourself and integrating separate aspects of your consciousness. Photography and modeling have to do with image and how we are perceived or seen by others.

In regards to the second one, the first thing that comes to mind is how we are often attracted to others due to a similar trauma or emotional wounding. It offers us a way to see that reflected to us in order to process the dynamic. I come from the perspective that we choose our parents based on this at the soul level as well in order to work through things in the physical. The father wanted to atone for his wrongs in the relationship with his son and you created a guarded space for him to do this in. The crying is an emotional release to the wall he had created around the issues. The money represents big changes are coming into his life. You were rewarded and felt elated for helping him. The setting was gone because that construct had dissolved, was no longer needed. This often happens in the astral as you work through things, it becomes more fluid and responsive to the situations.

That was a pretty rock solid analysis and really helps provide perspective. As soon as I began reading I could feel it resonate. Thanks for that!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: awakendhybrid

Yes she's alive and no that's not going to happen. The conflict lies between myself and her husband and so long as he exists she is not permitted.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: awakendhybrid

Yes she's alive and no that's not going to happen. The conflict lies between myself and her husband and so long as he exists she is not permitted.

I was just thinking that maybe that is what those dreams connect to.

top topics

join