It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is Invisible in space!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Apparently the sun cannot be seen by the visible spectrum in space!!

Light cannot be seen unless it's bouncing off objects or particles.

This is cool because you could technically look through the sun!!!! I wouldn't though because this guy says you still go blind ;-)

www.youtube.com...

And this next video goes on to say that the sun is not a raging ball of nuclear energy but something else.

youtu.be...

I thought this was cool, hope you guys like it!!
Watch them both, soak in those rays!

So to some it up:
If matter was theoretically cancelled out or hidden and you looked at a star in space with no matter inbetween. The light would be invisible to your eyes...

So these men are theorizing that a star somehow doesnt combust like coventional understanding but does something else to create light (i dont know what)

It does make sense when you remove matter from the equation

edit on 18-4-2014 by GallopingFish because: more info

edit on 18-4-2014 by GallopingFish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Here ya go...

Very interesting indeed
edit on 18-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

+47 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

That's stupid. If you look directly at a light source you will indeed see it. Try a flashlight.

And this next video goes on to say that the sun is not a raging ball of nuclear energy but something else.
Ditto (stupid).

edit on 4/18/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That's stupid.

Ditto.

Second that motion i actually thought it was a joke but hes serious. Its times like these i have concerns for Humanity.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I concur with Phage, how do you think the STEREO spacecraft send us real-time images of the sun?

Why do you think astronauts have to wear specially coated visors?

When you look at the light in your living room directly, why is it not invisible?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That's stupid. If you look directly at a light source you will indeed see it. Try a flashlight.

Ditto (stupid).

Well, I'd like to see this guy explain how many fingers he sees after I shine a flashlight in his eyes for a few seconds. Pfffft

BTW, I'd like to slap the (edit) now 3 people that flagged this thread, could they see that? Coming?
edit on 18-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

Maybe the light as too bright as it slaps them

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GallopingFish

your eye/brain seeing mechanism is activated by photons striking receptors in the eye and sending a signal to the brain - the light doesn't need to have bounced off something first

go into dark room and shine a torch in your face - can you see it? what's it bouncing off?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I assume the OP posted this as a joke, but just in case...

Or travelling directly from the source to your eye.

If you look in the opposite direction from the sun in space, you won't see any sunlight (if nothing is reflecting it back to you). That is why space looks black. But if you look at the sun you will see... the sun.

This is cool because you could technically look through the sun!!!

No you couldn't.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Untrue

Sort of true. You can only see light that enters your eye. It can get there either straight from the source (looking at the Sun) or by bouncing off of some object, or by scattering like you get with suspended aerosols or dust. Or in a gas.

Light that's not being scattered or entering your eye directly IS invisible - case in point, a laser can't be seen 'from the side' as you do in Star Trek. Doesn't work that way.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish

What do you think the light from the sun is "bouncing" off when you see it?

edit on 18-4-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Some people posting the replies are so silly....

"In the past heavier than air objects couldn't fly"...... so birds can not fly according to him!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Did I agree with the OP or something? Regardless of whether it's right or wrong it's interesting and to be honest with you, I know sweet f'all about how space operates. But if I was to take that light from my living room and flick it on in outer space, would I see it? Testing something in Space and on the Planet are two completely different things though my opinion doesn't really matter because I am not in a position to say anything. I really don't know when it comes to this type of stuff.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If I shoot a laser at the wall I can see the laser. On the wall, and inbetween all I see is the odd dust particle lit up.

Does that not mean it has to bounce off matter?

If you shine a torch right in my eye I will see the light filament which is matter. In fact any earth created light will have matter in it or creating it.

What if there was no matter but still light??

Reply to: Phage

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

The atmosphere...

I'm not saying this is true but I like picking it apart...

Basically I'm asking can light be seen if no matter its involved

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Thanks, you're the mantis!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Take a clear glassed light bulb.

The filament inside, if the statements made that the sun is invisible.

Than, a clear glass bulb would be opaque with solid consistant light all around it, and the Filament inside would not be visable.

As the source of the light, inside the bulb is a heating element (burning nuclear fission if you will), and as lights not visible till it hits...

Well being equally surrounded by the clear glass, would mean that the uniformity based on this theory would cause the filament to be obscured.

It is a very easy concept to test.

As the whole reason for tinted bulbs is to give the light that diffusion that this theory would not account for.

AS to be seen light needs to hit something.

I was really trying not to mock with this, just point out how simply thinking about what he says, makes no sense.

And falls apart the instant any testing of it is done.
edit on 18-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
ok, so I think what is being said is:
The effects of sunlight bouncing off objects cannot be seen if there are no objects.

whereas the reply should be, duh...

Same as you can't see light beams, but you can see the light source (and the light from the source hitting your eye of course) and the light bouncing off any object it contacts.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Mate it's not a mock any point of veiw

cheers :-)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This is gonna be GaryN's favourite thread.

Never heard of Peter Lindemann before, but he seems like just another self-educated "free energy" crank. www.free-energy.ws...

He seems to be confusing seeing a sideways light beam with seeing light shining directly into your eye or camera. When you look at the Sun or any other source of light (in space or otherwise), photons enter your eye directly and you see light. It doesn't have to bounce off anything first. Apollo astronauts used stars for navigation on their way to the Moon.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

What if there was no matter but still light?

Then you wouldn't exist, so there's no one to see anyway.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join