It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG: Now Biden is getting into selfies....pic of Biden and Obama in car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Say cheese: Obama and Biden best buds for vice-president's first selfie

Biden took an opportunity to snap his first ‘selfie’ ever during a car journey with US President Barack Obama.

The post earned over 3,600 ‘Likes’ within half an hour of posting and currently has 20.5k thumbs up on the social media network.

The Vice-President also posted a snap of his visit to Pittsburgh with Obama.

Awww, how sweeeeet!!
Best Buds 4Life

What with Social Media and smartphones, this has taken the White House to a whole new playing field.......literally
*sigh*

Seems as tho the VP just signed up to Instagram on April 14th and already has nearly 45,000 followers
instagram.com...#

edit on 17-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

snarky412

Biden took an opportunity to snap his first ‘selfie’ ever during a car journey with US President Barack Obama.

The post earned over 3,600 ‘Likes’ within half an hour of posting and currently has 20.5k thumbs up on the social media network.

Awww, how sweeeeet!!
Best Buds 4Life
*sigh*

Are you sure that is the president and vice president? From where I am sitting it looks like a selfie of a zombie and a liar. Hell it could be a pic of two liars, or a pic of two "holier than thou, do what we say not what we do" types.

All I know is that the NSA has this pic stored... and our tax dollars are paying for this tomfoolery and douchebaggery.

edit on 17-4-2014 by kdyam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

snarky412

Awww, how sweeeeet!!
Best Buds 4Life

What with Social Media and smartphones, this has taken the White House to a whole new playing field.......literally
*sigh*

edit on 17-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

LMAO Its a trend to make them look good, so the monkey people follow suit rather than doing something about his stay in office. Im surprised they havent attempted this with the Pope, who has started on this trend as well lol
IF nothing else, shows what kind of a joke our "Leadership" is lol

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

Yeah, it's just one big party to them!!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It's two mates taking a selfie. Get a grip and chill out.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
How dare he present himself as a person!

now that that's said.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Excitement at it's highest peak.

How is this newsworthy?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I just can't believe how people become so amazed and filled with awe, just because somebody has taken a photo of themselves, or indeed of themselves and others...

Camera's have been around a long time,I thought people would have got used to them by now...

The dumbing down of people on this planet is getting worse and more sad by the day....

So glad I am 50 and not 15, who the f*** wants to be young today??????????????

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

davethebear
So glad I am 50 and not 15, who the f*** wants to be young today??????????????

Pfft. the 15 year olds today will probably have holodecks by the time they are 40....
I would give a toe to be 15 again (but preferably with my mindset I have now).

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Head back in time to the period before facebook, to the time before near universal uptake of internet connectivity in the western world, and indeed all technologically advanced countries. Back then, people took photographs of themselves and their friends getting up to all manner of mischief. The photographs would be sent to the developers, and packaged in fat envelopes made of thick paper, with the negatives in a little pouch in front, so that copies could be made in the future.

The images produced have not changed much in all that time, aside from the scenery, the haircuts, the fashion items worn on the bodies of the subjects of those photographs... other than that, they remain what they have always been. Some are artistic, some are personal, memories immortalised in print.

All that has changed is what one can do with those images, how easy it is to distribute them, to show them to others. I take hundreds of photographs a year, many of them at the rock festival that I visit yearly. I do not post them to the web, because I merely choose not to. However, I know that it is possible, and it is my choice. If I chose to do so, that would be my right.

You will find that in every era of leadership, there will be photographs like this. The difference is, that these days the entire planet can see them, if the person taking the shot so desires. I really do not see the problem here at all. I think the only problem with it, is that taking a photograph like this, falsely portrays the subjects as human beings, rather than politicians (read, tyrannical egomaniacs).

The existence of this photograph is not wrong, nor is its being published to the web however. How Mr Biden wishes to use his instagram account is his own affair, and no one elses!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is the thing, they act all nice and friendly as if they're in with the times trying to relate with the youth and the ignorant lap it up.

When people who don't know about the real problems these guys are causing, they look at the picture and see them as cool & trust worthy. Though all I see are two ass holes who are trying to act cool and are failing miserably..

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I didn't think you could cram both egos into one picture.

The look on both of their faces suggests that one of them farted and said to the other "if you smelt it, you dealt it" right before the picture was taken.

Either that, or they just finished talking about the state of the Union.

Not sure if I should laugh or vomit.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What's wrong with Bidens eyes?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Gonna downsize the US military so our Russian and Chinese buds can come over and destroy our country, but first...

LEMME TAKE A SELFIE!

-Facespork-

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

FlyersFan
What's wrong with Bidens eyes?

I noticed the eyes too. Won't be long now before someone shows us "proof" of Biden being a "reptilian shape-shifter". Don't get me wrong though the guy is still a snake along with his boss.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
An extremist liar puppet and an admitted Zionist piece of trash.

That's what I would cap the photo with.
edit on 17-4-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Im not even sure who likes Obama/Biden more, seems like Republican like them more than Democrats.

Man, in order to search for such things about Obama/Biden, means those people are such fanboys.

Its like teenage girls following boybands.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Politics aside, these are people. People living in a modern day and age where taking pictures and selfies are practically innate. I think it's fun seeing older generations participating in these youthful activities.

If I was president (or vice), I would be taking pictures all the time, because it's a once in a lifetime experience. Yeah sure, maybe their PR people advised them to get on the #Selfie bandwagon to win over the younger population.

But, maybe... just maybe... they are real people who are creating memories (for better or worse).

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
OMG

Two people in a selfie!!!!!

For the love of all good, Space Jebus, save us!

This is the most unique and crazy thing anyone has ever done!

OMG OMG OMG

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
OMG

Two people in a selfie!!!!!

For the love of all good, Space Jebus, save us!

This is the most unique and crazy thing anyone has ever done!

OMG OMG OMG

Obama has done something again the other presidents haven't done.

Impeach him!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join