It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planets with Tilted Orbits could Harbor Life, Even Outside the Habitable Zone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Earth-like planets with orbits markedly aslant to the general trend of their solar systems might host life, even if they are outside the usually-reckoned habitable zone. Such planets are likely to wobble on their axes, over geologically short time spans.
This could allow the poles of these planets to sometimes face their stars, and so be warmed enough to prevent a general freezing of the planets, starting from the poles.This might double the diameters of habitable zones in systems with such planets.
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 16-4-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

From the link:

"This could expand our idea of what a habitable planet looks like and where habitable planets might be found."

If we can find habitable planets from here, then so can "others". Now all we need is Johnny Appleseed mother ships to go and seed them. How long you think that process has been ongoing out there?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

i,m going with i couldn,t care less what our scientists say cause its guess work,they say what they think and then we,r expected to believe it 100%. well it took till 2005 to realize that Enceladus was more than they thought so why shouldn,t anything else be?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The pole would need to be locked to a point in space like earth though. The vibrational hum is what makes life possible. It keeps the planet core warm.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I can't wait to reincarnate into the future. I'll probably end up on this mythical planet called Nibiru and we're looking for this mythical planet called Earth.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I think there is a lot of advanced alien races out there. They are not green with antennas on their head or clumsy reptiles but have probably a lot in common with how we are designed. I strongly believe that many of those races has been in the business of terra forming and colonizing other ‘suitable’ planets for thousands of years already, just like they did with Earth. It is probably an ongoing process in several different galaxies, but in our own galaxy for sure. Exploring and expanding is something all intelligent beings have in common. It's a natural 'next step' as their civilizations grow and gets more and more advanced.

Nasa has planned missions in space to hunt for microscopic life forms for a long time now. I am afraid they will never find such a thing, not even a bacteria. If they eventually find life, its going to be the ‘jack pot’ ; a planet containing the full packet with a multitude of life forms and different organic species. That’s my theory on this anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
They all can, no matter what they're angle, or closeness to their stars. EU theory, heat occurs via light reaching atmosphere or atmospheric like conditions. Light goes everywhere.

Also, Ets can be in the planet, out of the planet on the surface, and floating in cities around the planet. Should read Lou Baldin,
A Day with an Extraterrestrial. Its an eye opener, and the station by the sun exists.

Also, I like his UFO's in the Year of the Dragon.

Our science needs an upgrade too while we're at it, particularly the scientific front we live under, not their real science.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by helius

I happen to agree with you. To me the evidence is simple…

A seed, an egg, cell division, the magic of the womb and DNA are so obviously created (imo) as to point the way to life elsewhere.

What else would be best for storage on "seed ships" than seeds? What else but self replication is required to advance life from planet to planet?

top topics

join