It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Ministers 'covering up secret meetings with GM food lobby' (Monsanto)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Secretary has led the charge to encourage a sceptical public to accept genetically modified crops being grown on UK farms and sold in supermarkets.

He has also been lobbying the EU to let Britain grow crops such as GM maize even if they are banned in other countries.

It has emerged that these efforts are being carried out in partnership with the Agricultural Biotechnology Council, which is financed by GM companies such as Monsanto, Syngenta and Bayer CropScience.

Ministers 'covering up secret meetings with GM food lobby': Owen Paterson refused a Freedom of Information request about talks over 'Frankenfood'

* Ministers are trying to cover up secret briefings with GM companies
* Owen Paterson has refused FOI request to supply details about talks
* Has encouraged public to accept GM crops being sold in supermarkets
* Has also been lobbying EU to let Britain grow crops banned elsewhere
* He is working in partnership with Agricultural Biotechnology Council

I wonder if we were to "Follow the Money" how many shares he has with the GMO companies?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

I wonder if we were to "Follow the Money" how many shares he has with the GMO companies?
Or the offer of a high paying job with the company after leaving his current position with the government.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

flammadraco

The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Secretary has led the charge to encourage a sceptical public to accept genetically modified crops being grown on UK farms and sold in supermarkets.

He has also been lobbying the EU to let Britain grow crops such as GM maize even if they are banned in other countries.

It has emerged that these efforts are being carried out in partnership with the Agricultural Biotechnology Council, which is financed by GM companies such as Monsanto, Syngenta and Bayer CropScience.

Ministers 'covering up secret meetings with GM food lobby': Owen Paterson refused a Freedom of Information request about talks over 'Frankenfood'

Good thinking. Shouldn't be hard to do. Maybe someone can help us out on that. Kind of like the Reid guy thing maybe.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Argh. no no no.

Europe has been doing much better than the USA so far with banning GMO's and poisons.

Don't go backwards.

Crush them. And Monsatan.

edit on 4/16/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

flammadraco

Does anyone know what the point is in the Freedom Of Information Act?

A waste of time and ink IMO.

Wait till the Self-servatives are booted out next year, I wonder if the next set of goons will expose all the suppressed reports that the Tories don't want made public in this run up to the election?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

musicismagic
Good thinking. Shouldn't be hard to do. Maybe someone can help us out on that. Kind of like the Reid guy thing maybe.

No, it isn't hard to do in the slightest - well, it does mean going through the register, but it can be done easily here. All MP's have to register every financial interest of theirs. So if he does have "shares", they will show up.

I don't believe he does have any, but I do believe he might have a directorship lined up. This is one of things I dislike about Parliament and all MP's should have a 5 year (at least) cooling off period when leaving Parliament that prevents them taking up any board position.

Either way, it is also highly likely that the Daily Mail is over-hyping a non issue and it is not beyond them to print total BS at times - it is certainly in the MO to spin something to high heaven and only report one side of the story.

doobydoll
Wait till the Self-servatives are booted out next year, I wonder if the next set of goons will expose all the suppressed reports that the Tories don't want made public in this run up to the election?

You might be disappointed then, because as far as the polls go, Labour isn't going to win and if the economy continues to improve, which it is very much likely to do, Labour is going to have nothing to moan about come 2015.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I went through this years accounts and it seems that Mr Patterson owns farm land which he rents out. In fact he seem to have some of the least entries compared to some MPs, on paper anyway.

Thanks for the link

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

You might be disappointed then, because as far as the polls go, Labour isn't going to win and if the economy continues to improve, which it is very much likely to do, Labour is going to have nothing to moan about come 2015. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't recall saying I want Labour to win. Might as well vote Tory as Labour, not much difference between them these days to be fair.

I don't know yet who i'll vote for, but it won't be for any of the usual three parties, that's fo' sho'.

top topics

join