It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is mugged during on-camera interview about crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I find this freaking hilarious...getting mugged while talking about how bad crime is

A woman in Brazil was being interviewed on camera about the high crime rate in the center of Rio de Janeiro when a young thief snatched her necklace.

TV Globo interviewed the unidentified woman on Wednesday and asked her about crimes happening near the city’s center.

As the woman voices her concern about the lack of police officers in the area, a bold mugger appears to her left, rips the chain off her neck, and bolts off through traffic.

The reporter is seen chasing after the thief but he was unable to catch him. The mugger dropped the now broken necklace, and it was returned to the woman.

Here's the video:

story

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Ironically funny and yet sad at the same time. Brazil really is a society of the haves and have not's. Not much middle ground there. I wouldn't go the World cup if I was paid to and all expenses covered. That ones going to be a mess.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Holy cow! That's horrible!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Ironically funny and yet sad at the same time. Brazil really is a society of the haves and have not's. Not much middle ground there. I wouldn't go the World cup if I was paid to and all expenses covered. That ones going to be a mess.

Thats what I meant, its completely ironic

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't laugh because I do feel sorry for the lady.
The reporter punches her in the face as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

weirdguy
I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't laugh because I do feel sorry for the lady.
The reporter punches her in the face as well.

I wouldn't say he punched her. But he did seem to use her as a backstop to push off of.

When the world cup starts there...it's going to be all over ATS and the MSM with the stuff that is going on at the time. (Maybe I should have put that in the predictions forum.)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well, scratch Brazil off as one of my vacation destinations. If criminals are that blatant to steal when they're on camera, tourists are probably targeted from the time they leave the plane.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
A few years ago my brother traveled to Brazil to work for a few months, he said you ALWAYS carry a gun there. Not a nice place to be.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

It truly is a bummer to see stuff like this. It turns people off of visiting. Ive been to rio before and it is a beautiful place. There is a whole lot of illegal activity there but if you visited as a tourist. You would never see it. I honestly believe they hire a mega police force with the sole purpose to protect tourists.
It was weird whenever I strayed off the beaten path there was always a police officer or a well dressed citizen ushering me back to the "safe zone"

edit on 13-4-2014 by Flyzoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
My workmate's from Brazil and going on what he said there's a bit of an agreement between the local crime gangs and police. Certain areas (read: tourist areas) are off limits for the gangs to conduct their business and in return they get more leniency in the favelas. You'll still get petty crime from non gang related scum but they do their best to hide the serious stuff from the international eye.

There won't be a problem during the Olympics/World Cup because there'll be a temporary peace treaty in place. The gangs will do all their business in a different area during the events and in the return the Brazillian police won't go on a rampage.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

The sad part is that you find it "freaking hilarious".

How old are you? I'm guessing teenager or drunken 60 year old.

new topics

top topics

join