It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM pulling out...its over

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah, you are not the only one pulled an all nighter digging and waiting to hear some crazy news.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Dimithae
Lets hope this is not a tactic to catch people off guard,and they are truly pulling out. If they are going then congrats to all the people that stood up to them and showed that they just can't walk in and take whatever they want.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The big question would be why is the no fly zone in place for a month? It seems to me that something stinks in Nevada other than Harry Reid.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Gee what a suprise... not. I mean the Goverment had pretty much done nothing about this for 30 years. They clearly have had little interest in pushing this but, after 30 years they finally decided to move those cows. Then you have wack jobs with guns running around who are going to end up shooting themselves and each other over cows being moved. So they pack up and go home. The problem is if this gets any real press the amercian people are going to get pissed this guy is getting away with using land he is not paying for and that they are letting miltias roam around with guns and demand the Goverment do something about it. That would put the Gov in a position of having to do something about something they only half cared about to begin with. At this point I would just put a lien on his ranch and if he does not pay forclose and sell it. Or since the cows are on public land tell the public they can have them.
edit on 12-4-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Destinyone

seaez

w8tn4it
Chalk one up for the little people! This is the way to make a stand, with the aid of militia, and many strong patriots. We the people will not be pushed around. Godamned crooked pols. Congrats to Mr. Bundy, just watch out for them drones.

Mr. Bundy is not a "little person" he is in fact worth millions and actually owes the government $1,000,000. Chalk this up the the %1 convincing some to support their rape and pillaging of our tax dollars and resources while thinking they are supporting the little people and usually complaining about welfare states. If this isn't welfare, what is? Pay up or get his cows off the land I say.

Awwwwww...you need a group hug...don'tcha....

I'm sorry your Fed peeps got caught with their pants down, and the power of the people came into play here.

Get used to it....

Do you know what it took going on behind the scenes to call this off. Now we just need to keep digging deeper to find out who pulled the plug, and for what reason.

Des

edit on 12-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

What it took behind the scenes? Please see my above post, he is a millionaire rancher who doesn't want to pay a debt he owes. His grandfather and great grandfather are probably rolling in his grave at the fact their kin would be so dishonorable.

I see a government (local state & federal) actually responding to the populace , whom for whatever disillusioned reasons are supporting this guy. In that regard I see hope, despite the horrible affairs of our current world. Now however, because of the protests they will stop what they were doing - removing cows off federal lands and go another route. Bundy is meeting with the Sheriff and officials. There is a debt due, they will probably put a lien against his Ranch that he actually owns now, instead of just moving his cows off federal land. The idiot probably would have been better off just moving his cows and not paying the debt he owes, but he got greedy.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

That aint what I heard. They took ranchers' money in exchange for managing and improving that land for the ranchers. Except they didn't keep up their end of the bargain, they broke that treaty. Just like they did to my kind. They always break their treaties, don't be stupid and make a treaty with a damn liar government! That was his mistake. But he has people willing to stand up for him.
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:57:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

Oh Amazing Kreskin. Please tell me how you *know* what is taking place in meetings Bundy may be in.

Yes, tell us all about what's *really* going on. You must have some secret *in* with those opposed to Bundy, to know all this.

Don't you....

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

lets see, because he has had his 900 cows grazing our 600,000 sqr acres of federally owned land for 20 years, and that my dear is his bill?

How much is he making from us, the tax payer? Lets find out. He now has 900 cows (all above numbers are fact easily found in the numerous articles) how much is each cow worth?

i nfo on the economics of a cow

I think kinda shows that we will stand up against tyranny being layed upon the rich or poor. Their is no doubt most people did not feel this rancher was a poor farmer.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

This is an argument you cannot win- simply because you are arguing from the assumption that Government is actually legitimate and has a "right" to someone else's property.
The Government STOLE that land from this man's family and when he finally refused to keep paying for "protection", a mini-army was unleashed and guns literally pointed at him.
Hmm.... where have I seen that kind of behavior before?...oh yeah!
THE MOB.

edit on 12-4-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Vini vidi vici. We came. We saw. We conquered. Good job oath keepers and the protesters. We kicked some ass. i wasnt there of course. So f^ck it.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by seaez

That aint what I heard. They took ranchers' money in exchange for managing and improving that land for the ranchers. Except they didn't keep up their end of the bargain, they broke that treaty. Just like they did to my kind. They always break their treaties, don't be stupid and make a treaty with a damn liar government! That was his mistake. But he has people willing to stand up for him.

Yea, his families mistake, was trusting the government when they signed over the land in the first place.

People love to neglect the responsibility of government.

When they receive a tax, your are entitled to representation.

You pay, you get.

Pretty basic concept for most people to grasp.

Its just when its the government, people get afraid to demand whats rightfully theirs.

Pretty sure this country was founded on Taxation WITH representation.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Looks like the sheriff is NOT disarming the BLM.

Bundy says the cowboys are now going to go and get his cattle. This could be a confrontation coming up.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

benrl

seaez

But you go on defending this greedy a-hole who doesn't want to pay up the money he owes the government, corporate welfare fraud at it's finest. I just laugh that he has people, who I'd imagine are genuinely great people, defending his greedy nature and actions.

I will defend any citizen who faces death by Government over a monetary debt,

While Bankers who raped the economy and the people go free...

Yea, its not what he did, or if its a crime or not, its the response from a Government of WE THE PEOPLE that bothers me.

Ummm.. excuse me who died again? Who faced death? Again, I love the hypocrisy around here:

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I left my gun out all day on my front porch and it shot NO ONE !"

But as soon as some one from the Government is doing something, and there are guns around, this "poor rancher" (ahem, greedy millionaire a-hole who thinks he's above the law) now "faces death by Government over a monetary debt"

Thanks for the laugh, but get back too me after they shoot the guy and I'll buy you a beer because you were right, he faced death and was unfortunately killed by the Governement

until hyperbole not at it's finest, and another rich greedy a-hole milking the system, a system was already a corporate welfare member of but wanted more.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

Except a gun sitting on the porch is a bit different than guns in the hands of a small army, under the command of a hot-headed prick who made death threats.

And you wanna bet a beer over a life? You are a sick person
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 13:10:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

True.

When I first saw these headlines saying that the "BLM" is leaving, I assumed it was so that the FBI/DHS could take its place.

To your point, lets hope this isnt a ploy to have protestors leave only to then move back in...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by seaez

I feel for the Native American situation, in fact my goddaughter is part Iroquois. One item of contention I have with your post is that there was an agreement, the rancher in question stopped paying many years ago and now owes $1,000,000. If the land is so horrible and not kept up for his grazing cows, why wouldn't he want them somewhere else? Obviously the land is perfect for what he uses and should be paying for.

I'd like to mention as well that it was these Ranchers fore fathers who took your land to begin with, not our current federal government! How do you think they got the land they actually live on (not this 600,000 Sqr Acres) so many generations ago....

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Battleline
For the government to take the moral high ground and worry about people is way out of character and seems more like misdirection then actual common sense and reasoning.

I wish we could think that this is over but I have lost hope long ago for anything good to come from this country when it involves the government.

They didn't take any high road, their criminal activity was exposed, just as you turn the light on, the cockroaches go scurrying away.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

He stopped paying, because they were taking his and other ranchers money, and not improving the land for grazing like they agreed to. Why would anyone pay for services not rendered? That is a broken treaty!

Tell you what, a lot of people here like to keep calling it rent. A landlord does not do his duty, and keep the house in working condition, as per the treaty, you still gonna pay that rent? If you say yes, you might want to look up tenant's rights and smarten up!
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 13:18:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Bassago
Looks like the sheriff is NOT disarming the BLM.

Bundy says the cowboys are now going to go and get his cattle. This could be a confrontation coming up.

I'll post in a minute the story on this...for now I post this...

It was said the group of 40 to 50 cowboys rode to the top of the hill and planted an American flag.

Des

edit on 12-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They are pulling out.
There must be a drone loaded with napalm waiting for the whole family to be in the house celebrating their victory. ... then 'WHAM' there is a mysterious fire.... electrical in nature....

That would explain the need for a no fly zone.

Sorry, I accidentally put on my tin foil hat instead of my Yuengling Beer baseball cap. I took it off now.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If the current situation is truly de-escalating, that is terrific news. The BLM mis-handled the operation from the beginning.

But there is a line in this news report that bugs me.
I'm certain to get flamed for this, but here goes:

Sheriff Gillespie has been negotiating with Bundy behind the scenes for months reached a tentative agreement Friday night, though Bundy insisted the sheriff come to his ranch to finalize the arrangement face-to-face.

Bundy knew the BLM were coming to round up his cattle. It seems like he manipulated this situation to better his bargaining position with the feds, for his personal gain.
His family ramped up this story to the point it is now. Doesn't anybody feel used?

The battle between States' rights and Federal ones needs to be addressed--no doubt about it.
But this situation, Bundy's legal case, isn't going anywhere towards changing the laws of this nation.
edit on 4/12/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/12/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join