It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM pulling out...its over

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't understand what is the point of livefeeding nothing? At least go talk to people, get some opinions, anything?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

tinner07
Just heard live report from the area that BLM leaders said the op is over and they are pulling out. Due to danger to agents and public. No link as it was tv but it appears the people do still have some power.

The reporter did say it would take a couple days, so always the chance for the "errant"shot fired to re escalate this.

Not sure why it would take a couple days to turn around and leave?

Unfortunately for the government, what the federals did was to excite the people into defense mode. I predict you will see almost overnight movement of armed freedom groups to sensitive spots where the government is oppressing the people.

What they did and were attempting to do to that rancher and his family was despicable and repulsive. But what stopped them in their tracks was the people wielding their guns coming to resist. This is why it is so important for the government to take away your guns.

I predict a brisk sale on weapons and ammo in the coming weeks and months because of this.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Watching this as it's unfolding is showing us just how ill prepared we are to get the word out in the way we are trying to now ..We need a better plan

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I kind of thought this would happen, I think for once we can thank the media and the internet (and sites like ATS) for this! I don't believe for a minute the government would have backed down if it didn't become viral and other states getting together to protest the power of big government doing whatever the heck they want....
It was almost like "uh oh, people are watching us..... better pull back!"
They got caught with their pants down and it's up to us to make sure that anytime no matter what the case, we don't let them sneak in the backdoor and slowly push their big government agendas on us!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thousands of people? Where? Show them lol. I saw maybe 150 in that crowd before. Crowd be more interesting than watching traffic.
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 15:08:07 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
ahhh the crux of the matter it seems,,

i quote from,,, The Blaze’s Dana Loesch report, and i quote "Part of the BLM’s justification for enforcing its authority over the land is that it falls within the boundaries of a protection area for desert tortoises, a threatened species. But, Loesch writes in her blog, exemptions and accommodations for land falling inside the boundaries have been made in the past for wind- and solar-power projects, as well as a top Reid donor named Harvey Whittemore (Whittmore is currently serving time in prison for illegal campaign contributions to Reid’s campaign.) She asks why similar accommodations can’t be made for Bundy."

in other words, goosey, gander

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Thanks for that info. Per the link provided:

“While the federal agencies and county superficially attempted to meet the requirements, the reality is that because of their willful neglect, critical habitat has been steadily degraded by the trespass grazing,” said Mrowka. Recent surveys by the BLM have found 700 to 1,000 or more cattle in the Gold Butte area — an amount 10 times above what was legally permitted even before the tortoise’s protection. Grazing reduces vegetation the tortoises need to live and spreads noxious weeds by disturbing the soil with hooves and fur that carry invasive seed. Last month, the local office of the Bureau of Land Management had planned a roundup of the trespass cattle, but the operation was canceled at the last minute by higher-ranking agency officials. “We’ve tried to work with the BLM and county constructively to achieve a good resolution to this problem, but with the recent cancellation of a roundup of the trespass cattle, our only option for helping these tortoises is to take them to court,” said Mrowka.

So, not only was Bundy involved in non-licensed use of the land, he was illegally over populating his cattle in Gold Butte. I guess if you are going to ignore the necessary economic relationship, why give a flying cow about criminally over populating the same area so you can bilk 10 times as much money from the tax payers.

Most of the anger here is misdirected, regardless of how you feel about habitat protection for wild animals, there is recourse to take within the law. Mr. Bundy is egregiously outside any legal bounds and has riled up the fool easy to rally to the defense of his profits.

I guess that's the new American way, lie - cheat - steal - rape - pillage - plunder - PROFIT! Works for the mega corporations, the medium sized businesses and all their corporate cronies: politicians.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

So they are claiming that he has more cattle grazing, than all the ranchers put together used to have? Yeah, I call BS.
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 15:18:31 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If not in Nevada this time, then maybe another time for a showdown in Utah.

Someone told me that you better be careful where you spit in Utah, you'll hit federal owned or controlled land. Don't get caught fetching water or anything there... They can and will confront you, and can make your life a hell until you give up and leave, or lose everything.

I was skeptical... Then straight from the source found this map:

.gov link

Everything of color on that map of Utah is either owned or completely controlled by the federal government. Only the white is free state and private land.

They control everything, including all natural resources.
edit on 12-4-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Haha blasting Alex Jones. This guy needs to at least talk near the camera though.... Watching traffic crawl by is a waste of those precious batteries.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't see how this is really over. The government doesn't normally just give up when it comes to land and or money.

The conspiracy part of me thinks they were just waiting to see who shows up from other areas, notes/videos who they are, then they'll wait it out til it all settles down. Then at that point, start over again, but detain or at the very least inconvenience militia/protesters where they live while they mop up the operation before they can return.

Either way, this whole situation still has me a bit worried.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Quote from their status update

Unfortunately, the Clark County Sheriff did not comply with Bundy telling him to go and un-arm the BLM FEDS and bring the arms to a designated area...Bundy gave them one hour. NOW, since the time was up, Bundy and his supporters have all left to go and take back the stolen cattle. The Emergency Response Teams have already stated that if anyone tries to take the cattle they WILL be shot!!Text

Link

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just saw this on ZeroHedge.

Save the tortoise my a$$.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by seaez

So they are claiming that he has more cattle grazing, than all the ranchers put together used to have? Yeah, I call BS.
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 15:18:31 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

No, they are claiming that the original permits he USED to pay for legally allowed for 90 cows (if the contention of the lawsuit is to be believed) over the acreage his cows graze, he has 900. Maybe that's why he stopped signing into contract, he was already breaking the contract anyways by over populating the area. We will have to see what the Court decides, no? Oh wait... they did decide, they heard the evidence and went through the facts.

Militias unite! Go defend this dudes private business lol. Corporate shills, and they don't even know it. I wonder where this Rancher has his millions invested???

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Supporters lining up to take the cattle back, under threat of being shot.

link   
Wow, the AJ camera guy was claiming that some authority were threatening to shoot people over the bullhorn. Didn't get no footage of that, then what the hell are you out there for lmao.

link   
It seems no one is sure if the situation is escalating or deescalating.

I came across this site in my fb newsfeed.

Upadate: Confusion in Nevada: No Back Down: Feds Threaten to Open Fire: Data Feeds Reportedly Cut

I'm unsure of the veracity of the site or the accuracy of their reporting, but I found it interesting enough to share.

CdT

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
AJ camera guy claimed BLM shot and killed a dude last week?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Last i heard the BLM were planning on taking the red river near the texas and oklahoma border. DailyPaul BLM trying to seize 90 thousand acres along Red River Between Oklahoma and Texas

hell even IGN is reporting on this as well. I fear the worst has yet to come.
edit on 12-4-2014 by truthofnitrous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
It seems no one is sure if the situation is escalating or deescalating.

I came across this site in my fb newsfeed.

Upadate: Confusion in Nevada: No Back Down: Feds Threaten to Open Fire: Data Feeds Reportedly Cut

I'm unsure of the veracity of the site or the accuracy of their reporting, but I found it interesting enough to share.

CdT

Maybe cynical, but one should look at who is riling up the crowds, throwing gas on the fire and why. The fact that people are actually getting riled up in defense (or at all lol) of a private business worth millions refusing to honor contracts or pay a debt. I saw talk of Blackwater and private security forces in the area, theoretically thrown out there as maybe up to no good... guess who's side they would be on if true?

"Bundy's".

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join