It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beggar disappeared?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
When I was walking downtown today I saw a woman beggar about 15 feet in front of talking to a bypasser that seemed to ignore her. Two people crossed my view of her, then when I came to where she stood, *POOF*, she was gone! I looked around but she was nowhere to be seen - it was just like she vanished from my plane of existence.

Anyone else experience people just vanishing in thin air like that?

-MM

edit on 12-4-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I had a really tall thin black man (easily 6'7" tall) with one leg (and crutches) and what looked like horizontal ritual scarring on this forehead approach me and my brother at around 1:30 AM in downtown Cincinnati as we were leaving a Kinkos with my brother's lecture presentation handouts (hundreds of the damn things) for his tradeshow gig the next day. The sidewalk there is really wide (20 yards or so) in front of this store and all the other shops in that area, with no alleys within several hundred feet, and glossy building surfaces in every direction. Bright amber area lighting at the time (November 2000) and the street was completely vacant, except for the three of us as we stood there in front of this 24 hr Kinkos, a half block from the Millennial Hotel on 5th St.

The guy wasn't begging, and wasn't dressed to be homeless in that area on that night. He seemed really anxious about something but I couldn't understand what he was trying to tell me, since I don't understand the language he spoke. It was African sounding, and for some reason he fixed his attention directly and solely on me as if I was someone he was looking for and he'd finally found me. This went on for about three minutes or so, and he talked really fast and passionately, even as I just stood there and had no idea what he was trying to tell me. Then, my brother pulled a $20 bill out and handed it to him. He suddenly appeared to realize that my brother was standing there, and accepted the money without even looking at it to see what denomination it was.

Then, he looked back at me as if everything he'd just said hadn't accomplished anything at all, and he pushed away on his crutches, going west on the street. I looked at my brother and shook my head. Then we both looked back toward where he'd started off toward, and there was no one there. Just completely gone. The weirdest part was that my brother seemed to take it in stride as if he wasn't surprised at all, even though this was both of our first time in Cincinnati, and he admitted that he'd never seen anything like that happen to him or anyone else before.

To this day, I have no idea who that guy thought I was, what he was trying so hard to tell me, and how he was able to disappear when there was literally no possible means of getting off that large open concrete area in the few seconds we'd turned our attentions from him. It was pretty unsettling.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Never had a beggar per say do that.

When I was around 10/11 years old I used to go visit with this real old indian that was living in a broken down car. It was under a big tree in a field. He grew corn and such around the back of the car and had the windows blocked with tinfoil and cardboard.

One day I went to talk to him as I had done many times in the past and the car and all the crops (which were not quite ready to harvest) were gone. There was no tire tracks and no signs of anything ever being there.

About 100 yards away was a double wide with a family living in it, I asked them if they knew what happened the the old man that lived in the car under the tree, and they told me there had never been a car there. I pressed them stating I had been visiting him for weeks, and they just replied stating they had never seen me go there and repeated how there had never been anyone or thing by the tree.

All traces just vanished. Was one of the many odd things that I have had occur to me in my life.
edit on 4/12/2014 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Azdraik
I asked them if they knew what happened the the old man that lived in the car under the tree, and they told me there had never been a car there.

Wow, mind = blown !

-MM

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There are beings interacting with this reality. Some call them angels. When you walk down the street, how many people you see are actually real. We live in a reality which is far from what we are taught is real.

These beings, some good and some bad, can take over people and cause things to happen. It could be a form of structured collective consciousness also. Something that can make us see something that really doesn't really exist in our reality.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This video is authentic and very weird, the police chase a car that suddenly disappears.

-MM

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here's something interesting to add:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

That one was debunked as the car slipping under the chain link fence. Suspended by poles far enough a part and not anchored at the bottom the car "slips" under the fence and the fence drops back down. Perfect getaway ploy as the cop following stopped dead.

This was aired on some TV show, was it Fact or Fiction? They replicated it.

OP: the ghosts I saw disappeared but only one right in front of me. The others vanished when I looked away for a moment. One walked up stairs, opened a door and went thru it. I saw the door open and heard it slam, plus footsteps.

Peoples reports of ghosts often include some aspects of the environment that they occupy. Another ghost lady I saw was looking at me from a window. It was wide open and her hands were on the double vertical panes. When I briefly looked away and back the window was shut, the curtains closed and the room dark. In an instant like, nobody was ever there.

Gets your attention.

Kind of hard to vanish when they are seated in the room across from you. Its like, where'd he come from and where'd he go kind of thing?
edit on 12-4-2014 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When I was a teenager, I worked at a local pizza shop. I worked super late shifts. Fridays and Saturdays I worked till 4:30 am. Believe it or not, people love pizza at 4:30 am. Hah.
I was paid in cash at the end of every shift. I would always run to the bank up the street after every shift and deposit my money.
One night when I got to the bank, ( this bank was just a single room with 2 machines in it ) I walked in and a homeless man was sleeping in the corner. When I opened the door I woke him and kinda startled him. He looked over at me and said, "man I swear I just had a dream about you. I drempt that you walked in here and said hi to me. As soon as I woke up, there you were, weird!" I kinda laughed. I deposited my money but kept $10 to give to the man there for some breakfast. I walked over and gave it to him. He was leaving the room at the same time as me.
He was very thankful and I told him there was a Denny's right over there, go buy himself something warm. He smiled and started walking across the parking lot.
This parking lot was about 300 feet long. (Mall parking lot) when I got around to my car door, I glanced back to wave at him and he was gone.
There is absolutely no way he could have disappeared out of view. Unless he could run faster then usain bolt. I thought it was kinda weird.
Now here's the super strange twist...

Next morning, I woke up and got some laundry together to throw in the machine. Checking all my pockets, I found something in my pants pocket which I was wearing at work the previous night. It was a $10 bill. I know for a 100% fact that I deposited all my money in the machine. And I only had that one $10 bill. The rest was 20s.
Very strange but it gave me a really warm feeling... Like a higher power was smiling down at me.

Probably the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me..

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Azdraik
Never had a beggar per say do that.

When I was around 10/11 years old I used to go visit with this real old indian that was living in a broken down car. It was under a big tree in a field. He grew corn and such around the back of the car and had the windows blocked with tinfoil and cardboard.

One day I went to talk to him as I had done many times in the past and the car and all the crops (which were not quite ready to harvest) were gone. There was no tire tracks and no signs of anything ever being there.

About 100 yards away was a double wide with a family living in it, I asked them if they knew what happened the the old man that lived in the car under the tree, and they told me there had never been a car there. I pressed them stating I had been visiting him for weeks, and they just replied stating they had never seen me go there and repeated how there had never been anyone or thing by the tree.

All traces just vanished. Was one of the many odd things that I have had occur to me in my life.
edit on 4/12/2014 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

Maybe a few of you have been tested and passed. I think a lot of us have failed that one.

Matthew 25:

“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’

37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?

38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?

39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’

40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

MerkabaMeditation
When I was walking downtown today I saw a woman beggar about 15 feet in front of talking to a bypasser that seemed to ignore her. Two people crossed my view of her, then when I came to where she stood, *POOF*, she was gone! I looked around but she was nowhere to be seen - it was just like she vanished from my plane of existence.

-MM

Can I ask what made you perceive her as a beggar? Clothing?

Also do you think those others ignored her or perhaps didn't even know see was there.

My craziest thinking questions if you may have witnessed a time overlap or something. Wouldn't it be wild if you run across a story in your city where a 30's era lady claims she was in a futuristic world for a short period before snapping back into her time?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blastoff

Blastoff, that's not real, it's an advert for a game: the video is featured in a collection of marketing videos for a Chinese computer game called Dragon Totem Girl (Zhu Xian 2).

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

TheLieWeLive

MerkabaMeditation

-MM

Can I ask what made you perceive her as a beggar? Clothing?

Also do you think those others ignored her or perhaps didn't even know see was there.

My craziest thinking questions if you may have witnessed a time overlap or something. Wouldn't it be wild if you run across a story in your city where a 30's era lady claims she was in a futuristic world for a short period before snapping back into her time?

She was a gipsy woman in her early 30s, they wear quite recognizable clothing.

I believe the woman she was begging from did see her, but she did not give her anything. Some call them the invisible people as many ignore them, but this gipsy woman became invisible in a different way...

-MM

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What happened to me one sunday morning on my way to work,....

So my sister took my car out to go somewhere for the day which skrewed me on getting to work on time. So I knew I had to get a start then so I wouldn't be super late to work. I could feel something eerie in the air as I walked to work. Felt anticipation that something was going to be different that day. So as I am about a block a way from work this kid comes out of no-where and says in a really weird voice "We've been expecting you" as he looks at me very strangely and runs off. This got my heart thumping as I am trying to walk fast to work because I already knew I was late. So as I walked in my then boss says we need to have a talk. I was a little thrown off because I am always early and never late, plus it wasnt mu fault.

So he takes me outside and starts pointing out all these errors, and accuses me of stealing a 100 dollars from the register the might before because I was drunk. He went out and bought a bottle of bourbon after I was off and sitting in a chair in the Rest. He wanted me and another employee to have a drink because the long busy day was almost over. So I noticed he was looking at me weird but I didn't think anything of it and eventually went home. I didnt take the 100 dollars as I was no where near the register or even touched it that day. It was the waitresses that posted something on facebook that might about finally having some money to party... whatever. So he is basically trying to fire me, has my paycheck in hand. I contemplated leaving the job for the treatment and all the other BS but felt it was a test. Then he shakes my hand and says you got to let go.

The day went by and things did get better after that, just didn't seem real. There was something I couldn't explain about that day.....

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think the simplest explanation is that the women got into a vehicle. It is important for you to recall however whether you kept your eyes on the person the entire time. And did you actually see her disappear in front of your eyes, or did you simply look away and then look back and she was gone? I think there is a huge difference, and that it is possible that something natural happened, but you just missed it. But if she vanished literally in front of your eyes, then that is strange. But I don't think it is right to assume you had something so rare occur unless you actually witnessed her vanish. Any potential explanation is more likely than simply disappearing, if it happens at all.

The second poster's story is interesting, but the whole taking the eyes off of the person causes me to think perhaps there was somewhere they could have gotten to. But if people telling these stories are adamant that there was absolutely nowhere for the person to have gone, and they are sure that they only looked away for a second, not giving the person enough time to get away unseen, then the only other explanation is paranormal.

My grandmother used to tell us of all the strange things that happened to her over her 80 years, and once she recounted something that happened to her mother and her aunt (I think). This would probably have been in the 20's or 30's. To get to the house one had to pass up a long dirt road, where they would come to a locked gate. Someone would have to get out and unlock the gate, and then they would pass through and lock it back. Well much further up the road was another gate, at which they would do the same thing.

I don't remember the particulars, but here is what I do remember. The two women were driving an old style car and they got to the gate and one got out an opened it. It was about that time that they noticed a man standing there, a man who asked if they needed help with something, or something like that, I don't rightly remember. Anyway, she was unnerved because this was private property out in the middle of nowhere, and it was quite strange to have a strange man out there, who obviously must have walked.

So she got back in the car and drove through the gate, not bothering to get out and lock it back. They drove for a little while until they approached the next gate, and again she got out and opened it. And again, the exact same man seemed to appear out of nowhere, from off to the side of the road. In each instance neither had noticed him as they approached. Obviously they were freaked out considerably, and there is no explanation for such a thing that I can think of.

My grandma told this story and I said that the guy could have just jumped on the back of the vehicle or something, but I remember her telling me why this couldn't have been possible, but I don't remember what she said. There was something about the man as well that seemed weird, but again I don't recall what she said.

When I was little I saw a man at the foot of my grandmother's bed, which I was lying in, and I asked her who the man was and she got freaked out since she couldn't see him. I could see him clear as day, and he ended up disappearing. Something like that would have scared the pants off me today, but it didn't scare me then, when I was young.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My parents married in the early 60's, had their first child about a year later, she died less than an hour after being born of heart and lung failure.
My parents had 2 more before I was born. The rest us were all healthy. After I was about 3 we moved away. My mom often mentioned wanting to see my sister's grave but time and distance was a problem. We moved a few more times.(My dad was military).
When I was 12, we were moving again and my home town was along the way. My mom wanted to stop and see the baby. When we got to the cemetery there was a nice layer of snow on the ground and we were looking for a flat marker. My mom and dad were looking in the right area but could not find the stone. My mom started crying and I stepped away from my sisters and my mom and dad. Women crying is my kryptonite, cant deal with it. I was looking in the opposite direction of them when a normal looking man appeared about 20 feet in front of me. He walked over to my parents and asked, "Who are you looking for?" they gave the name and he said...."She is right here." He bent over, wiped the snow off the stone and there she was indeed.

My mom was still crying, looking at the stone and I cant take my eyes off this Man. The man never said another word, he looked at me and smiled, walked back the way he came and poof....he was gone. My oldest sister seen him disappear this time. After my mom calmed down we told our parents the story...My dad said to drop it...That's what he does with uncomfortable things. He says drop it...it is dropped.

We headed on to New Jersey and after we got settled in my dad tried to contact the caretaker of that cemetery to see if flowers could be put on the grave. After many calls my dad discovered the cemetery had no caretaker(not in 15 years). They hire out the maintenance to a local lawn care service.
All 5 of us remember the man, my mom said he told her his name was Michael...I do not remember that, my sisters both swear they heard it but I wonder if they remember that because my mom tells it that way. We all talk about it off and on when my dad isn't around. Still it sounds like so many BS stories, only this happened to me and I don't lie to myself.
edit on 12-4-2014 by Speculation because: typo

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

JiggyPotamus
I think the simplest explanation is that the women got into a vehicle. It is important for you to recall however whether you kept your eyes on the person the entire time. And did you actually see her disappear in front of your eyes, or did you simply look away and then look back and she was gone? I think there is a huge difference, and that it is possible that something natural happened, but you just missed it. But if she vanished literally in front of your eyes, then that is strange. But I don't think it is right to assume you had something so rare occur unless you actually witnessed her vanish. Any potential explanation is more likely than simply disappearing, if it happens at all.

There were no vehicles around. I only lost sight of her for 2-3 seconds. That I just lost track of her is unlikely even though the most plausible, it is fun to speculate though as stuff like this does not happen to me every day.

I liked your personal story. Thanks for sharing.

-MM

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

MerkabaMeditation

JiggyPotamus

There were no vehicles around. I only lost sight of her for 2-3 seconds. That I just lost track of her is unlikely even though the most plausible, it is fun to speculate though as stuff like this does not happen to me every day.

I liked your personal story. Thanks for sharing.

-MM

relevant creepy stories, lotta good ones on there www.reddit.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It has been said that Ascended beings will "walk in" to another person or simply appear and test our spirit. They are trying to elevate our consciousness.
I was driving recently and had made 2 mini pizzas for myself. I had just finished eating the first one and pulled up to a red light. On the boulevard was a woman holding a sign asking for pizza to eat. NOT FOOD, pizza. What are the odds? Definitely a walk in. Left me with a feeling of wonderment.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Agartha
reply to post by Blastoff

Blastoff, that's not real, it's an advert for a game: the video is featured in a collection of marketing videos for a Chinese computer game called Dragon Totem Girl (Zhu Xian 2).

Thanks for the clarification, Agartha.

It did have a "too-good-to-be-true" feeling to it!

edit on 14-4-2014 by Blastoff because: spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join