It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Monica High School fight: Teacher-student fight over drugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

You are better than what you are being baited into.

That same user is currently arguing with Burdman, too, in the mud pit..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Vasa Croe

You are better than what you are being baited into.

That same user is currently arguing with Burdman, too, in the mud pit..

Agreed....thanks!

Second.

(post by Goteborg removed for a manners violation)
(post by Vasa Croe removed for a manners violation)
(post by Goteborg removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Is the superintendent a bit slow?

The superintendent said she placed the teacher on leave and pledged support to the student’s family.
While District Superintendent Sandra Lyon called the incident of a teacher laying hands on a student "utterly alarming," other Santa Monica High School students who were in the classroom are saying that the teacher was trying to keep the student from selling drugs in the classroom, that the student’s box cutter posed a threat, and that teacher Mark Black was simply defending himself.

He wasn't trying to hurt him. He just wanted him to stop and he was trying to be a teacher and help," said student Kylan Townsend.

From the link in the op

How backwards is that.
edit on 9-4-2014 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

That is california for you.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
**ENOUGH**

This is NOT the mud pit.

This will not be tolerated.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Shall we dive in?

Ok so a altercation has happened, the superintendent en.wikipedia.org... who should know what the members of staff under her employment are like (See bottom of post for an indication of how long he has been working). To then instantly side with the studant while other students are backing up the teacher, that dosen't seem strange to you?

Santa Monica's school superintendent has apologized for comments she made after placing a popular science teacher on leave for getting into a physical altercation with a student. In a statement sent to the “community” over the weekend, Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District Superintendent Sandra Lyon acknowledged that her remarks about the teacher and wrestling coach have “caused great anger.” “There is concern that my statement reflected a pre-judgment of the teacher’s conduct prior to completion of an investigation,” she said. “There is also concern about my failure to address the conduct of one or more students who were involved in the incident. In retrospect, I understand how my statement has created these concerns. I apologize …”

www.latimes.com...

edit on 9-4-2014 by aivlas because: so many wrong letters

In her statement Saturday, Lyon said she is “committed to a thorough and independent investigation of what transpired at [Santa Monica High School] on Friday that fully respects the rights of all involved, including teachers and students.”

But she also defended her action, saying that “Placing the teacher involved in this incident on leave pending completion of a full investigation is a matter of standard policy and practice; it in no way prejudices the outcome of the investigation.”

www.latimes.com...

The superintendent said she placed the teacher on leave and pledged support to the student’s family.

Right no bias what so ever, putting him on suspension seems like a good idea untill it's sorted out but the insta support for the student and not the teacher is a slap in the face for him.

Ok got some more

If you'd like some answers from the Santa Monica High School Wrestling Team, Email Head Coach Mark Black or phone Mark Black

www.wacktrap.com...
posted around the 30 Jun 2011 ... so his been at the school at least since then and yes it's the same guy or they are sharing the same email addy
www.samohi.smmusd.org...

edit on 9-4-2014 by aivlas because: removed unknown work length as more info was found

edit on 9-4-2014 by aivlas because: broke a link

or this
preview.tinyurl.com... site is eating the wayback machine link
from December 13 2001

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Thank you for that

I had to leave for a bit, so I'm trying to catch up now.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by saneguy

Exactly. Pull a box cutter, get beat down. That teacher has a job in texas when he is ready to leave cali and reclaim his testicles
If the people of Texas had any testis they'd do something about the boarder instead of being afraid to offend anyone who speaks out about illegal immigration. If there were illegal immigrants standing on my corner poaching jobs they'd be run out of town.
edit on 9-4-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

wantsome

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by saneguy

Exactly. Pull a box cutter, get beat down. That teacher has a job in texas when he is ready to leave cali and reclaim his testicles
If the people of Texas had any testis they'd do something about the boarder instead of being afraid to offend anyone who speaks out about illegal immigration. If there were illegal immigrants standing on my corner poaching jobs they'd be run out of town.

Im the people of Texas. If you dont like Texas, or Mexico, feel free to get on over the state line.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, heck, if a student needs to be subdued and restrained, this is the exact person who should be doing it. An experienced wrestling coach can take a kid down without harm. Though the kid seems pretty good if it took that long for a take down. Put him on the wrestling team and see what 2 hour practices 5 days a week do.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Only 20,000 people voted on average per candidate for the last school board election in LA County. 20,000. That's diddly.

There's another election coming up in June. Want to send the LA County School board a message they'll fold over? Run a candidate on the "fix the LAUSD insanity by replacing the board members and school superintendent" ticket. It's not that hard to do. Want to go after the teacher, Ms Lyon? Ok. Oh, by the way, you just lost re-election. Enjoy spending your days baking cookies and surfing Pinterest.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

wantsome

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by saneguy

We tried. Uncle Sam slapped our hand and gave us warning.

But right now, we need the labor. The rest of the US sits and whines about not having a job. Meanwhile, I can get you started at $20/hr tomorrow. Unemployment is below 4%.

Perhaps before trying to take a shot, you should know what you are loading up to fire. LOL
edit on 4/9/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Teacher should get a raise. With what they have to put up with nowadays!!!!
Hmmm it's a black kid surprise surprise! Teacher showed a lot of restraint. I would have put that thug in a hospital!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join