It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Found with Total Memory Loss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Police officials in Oslo, Norway have released the picture of a man suffering from total amnesia who was found in a snow drift in December 2013. The man speaks very good English with a distinct east European accent and understands 4 languages; Russian, Polish, Slovak and Czech. He is currently going by the name of "John Smith" until he recovers his memories. The man had no pieces of identification on his person and authorities have only now released his picture after 4 months of unsuccessfully exploring different avenues of identification, including Interpol and lists of missing persons.

He speaks very good English with an east European accent, understands Czech, Slovak, Polish and Russian, and is calling himself "John Smith" until he recovers memories of his real name.

He appears to be in his mid-twenties and was found in "bad condition" according to officials. "The man has no identity papers, and does not remember his name, where he came from, how he ended up in Norway or any other details of his life," the police wrote in their statement.

Below is the photograph released by Oslo police:

I wonder what is going on, I am secretly hoping he was a mind-altered spy on a secret mission and something went wrong

Futher information can be found in the following article:
Man Found in Oslo With Total Memory Loss
edit on 4/9/2014 by Pistoche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I thought Retrograde Amnesia wasn't real. But I guess it is?

www.human-memory.net...

Hey, but wouldn't it be funny if his name really did turn out to be John Smith!?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnTheSmith

Looking at your username: Do you have an east European accent by any chance?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Pistoche
reply to post by JohnTheSmith

Looking at your username: Do you have an east European accent by any chance?

Well, that depends on who I'm talking to, as I consider myself somewhat of a social chameleon.

While I'm responding, does it seem to anyone else that this guy has had damage to his nose and left (from our POV) ear? I've been in quite a few fistfights, and it looks like this person has too. Definitely a Slav though.

ETA: I just had a remarkable idea. They should let him grow facial hair in different ways, instead of shaving him (or letting him shave). Honestly when I'm fully shaven, some folk take longer to recognize me.

edit on 4 9 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pistoche

Doesn't anybody else find it strange that the guy, found in Norway, evidently from middle Europe and knows several languages, but speaks excellent English with an accent, would choose a alias of John Smith? In the US that is almost a joke of a name frequently used when a person does not want to be known by his real name.

I say, give the guy a lie detector test. Now that his mug shot is out, Google or FB will probably ID him pronto, forget DNA or fingerprints.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Aliensun
reply to post by Pistoche

Doesn't anybody else find it strange that the guy, found in Norway, evidently from middle Europe and knows several languages, but speaks excellent English with an accent, would choose a alias of John Smith? In the US that is almost a joke of a name frequently used when a person does not want to be known by his real name.

I say, give the guy a lie detector test. Now that his mug shot is out, Google or FB will probably ID him pronto, forget DNA or fingerprints.

Yeah, I somewhat agree. I had those feelings as I first read the article. Why John Smith, that makes no sense. Haven't they ever heard of John Doe? You put it all together, and either:
1) He's lying, hoping he's rescued or released.
2) He has amnesia (which I thought was a fake ailment), and it sucks to be him if he remembers who he is.
3) He has amnesia, and he's just a regular dude.
Either way, glad I'm not him.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I found it odd that it took them 4 months to release the photo. It seems to me that if they wanted to know who he was and such that the photo release would be their fastest route to ID the guy. With that said, what did they know prior that made them hold the photo release. Did he go all Jason Bourne in the ER the night they found him? So from there they were like hmmmm? Cant imagine Norway being to aggressive in the spy circuit but maybe they are, I dunno...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

you would be surprised how many young european's can speak fluent English

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
ALIEN INVASION =P

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
He was drugged and attacked.......no wonder he has amnesia. It could have been triggered by the drugs, by a mini stroke, by the violence he received or merely just by the shock of being sexually assaulted (The man's case is being handled by the violence and sexual crimes branch of the Norwegian police. See Huffington Post article about him).

Poor guy, I hope his family or friends see his picture in the news and recognize him.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Following the links - a Czech couple claims he is their son.

new topics

top topics

join