It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tigers slaughtered for a ‘visual feast’ to feed the greed and elite.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I still can't believe that in this day and age, man has such a lack of sense and compassion. The tiger is one of mans many precious gifts. We should treasure and protect such gifts.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
tsk, i'll bet they didn't even eat it afterwards

if they wanted a visual feast they should just watch the movie SAMSARA

oh.. what i meant to say was "B*STARDS!"

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Many years ago my tai chi teacher, a pretty well known one at the time, had two of us over to his house. He called us over to look in his fridge, and there was a package of meat wrapped up with the word "Tiger" on it, and he said it was tiger meat. He didn't offer us any, and, since that was before I stopped eating meat and was much stupider (although thinking I was really smart), I would have probably have eaten some.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

MichiganSwampBuck
A "visual" feast? Is that a spectacle held before an actual food feast?

They tortured them, and then killed them in front of spectators. Then a butcher butchered them, and their meat, fur, and bones were sold to highest bidder.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I wish it weren’t so, but more and more often I find myself feeling disgusted and enraged with Humanity. What a vile, evil creature we are. And it just gets worse with every passing day. This planet will be so much better off once we finally blow our greedy, self-serving asses off of it. I believe nature has a way of dealing with our kind, and our day of reckoning will come.

This story reminded me of something I saw on TV a few years back. It was a documentary about an exotic wildlife hunting preserve, where the animals roamed freely as open targets for hunters who wanted to bag exotic/endangered trophys. It was sickening. One of the “events” in the video involved a guy packing a high powered rifle, with a couple other guys along to videotape the heroic event. In the distance appears a beautiful white bengal tiger walking along with no awareness of the “Big Game Hunter”, who was carefully, silently getting a bead on him/her. Then POP, and you can see the tiger has been shot, but not killed. It tries to hobble away from the danger, but is obviously hurt badly. Then a second later, another POP, and the tiger goes down. Next you see this psychotic SOB standing with one foot on the dead tiger, holding his rifle proudly for a well deserved photo op. What a man!!

To make a sick, stomach-turning situation even sicker, it turns out the brave hunter was a veterinarian! Go figure!!

Gotta go. That was my 2 cents...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by netbound

Ughhh absolutely disgusting.
I'm well aware of these kinds of things, and have been since I was a kid. Always loved animals, and never really humans.

I just don't understand how some people can think and feel like that is ok, and something to be proud of... Like do they have children? And if they do, do these kids look up to them with admiration? Having "trophy's" of creatures that are almost all gone?

There really are many times I wish the earth would shed her skin again, burn everything to the ground and start fresh.
It's happened multiple times before in the past... about due time now.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
we had a tiger cub in our lap, in thailand.

cute little guy. playful.

magnificent animals. pretty dam big too!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Isn't it a shame that the tigers couldnt have a visual feast on the poachers and the businessmen who enjoyed the feast

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

tsingtao
we had a tiger cub in our lap, in thailand.

cute little guy. playful.

magnificent animals. pretty dam big too!

Awww! That's beyond cute. They are big! I saw tiger kittens at the Calgary zoo, when one of the females gave birth to a litter.
When they were a few months old they were already 2x the size of my house cats!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Tigers slaughtered for a ‘visual feast’ to feed the greed and elite
This is also happening and in many other parts of the World like Africa.

But it's okay,when the Colosseum will be rebuilt they will be in the arena to feed the lions and tigers....for visual effects and feast...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Tiger Populations have been increasing in Nepal and India in the last 5 years , the poaching on Tigers in India is usually done to sell the Skin in China .. But since shoot at sight orders have been issued in Protected forests IN both the countries the Tiger Populations in the wild has boomed...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Protected forest? So these are wild tigers that are starteing to make a comeback, not caged? That's really, really awesome news! Thank you.
Shot on site eh? That's also good news. IMO people like that deserve what they get. There are some things in this world more precious then a human life.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I think this only proves to us Christians that God is not all that perfect and that he must have had a moment of stupidity when he decided to trust Adam with taking care of his creation.

It honestly makes me feel so sad our species doesn't know how to appreciate and respect the beauty and magnificence of such creature as the Tiger. Mother nature wouldn't do wrong by completely getting rid of us, we just don't deserve to call this wonderful planet our home, we simply aren't good enough for it.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

SalientSkivvy

MichiganSwampBuck
A "visual" feast? Is that a spectacle held before an actual food feast?

They tortured them, and then killed them in front of spectators. Then a butcher butchered them, and their meat, fur, and bones were sold to highest bidder.

Same thing happens to girls that get sold to one of these 'feasts'......

MR

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

It is sad that these beautiful creatures are being slaughtered... even more so when it is for greedy people to view as some kind of sport or ritual delight!

I was watching a program yesterday about 'Madagascar' where the reporter was talking about the wildlife there diminishing too because of building programs but one good point was that the money coming from 'Tourism' was being put into preservation!

It is a shame.

I began to think about what we have done though in the 'developed' World. We have done the same really, I bet there was loads of wildlife where the cities are now and yet we go to other Country's to tell them not to build anymore... we have built over swathes of greenland and are still building... even underground now, so any wildlife living down there will be destroyed too.

Personally, I think we have built too much and i keep saying so on news articles. I doubt my posts are getting through to the people who only think about money and the Economy. Our population growth will add to the demise of wildlife, its inevitable unless something is done.

To cheer us up a bit, here are some 'Dancing Lemur's' from Madagascar:

www.youtube.com...
edit on CDTWed, 09 Apr 2014 07:57:46 -0500u3007x146x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

malvy
I think this only proves to us Christians that God is not all that perfect and that he must have had a moment of stupidity when he decided to trust Adam with taking care of his creation.

It honestly makes me feel so sad our species doesn't know how to appreciate and respect the beauty and magnificence of such creature as the Tiger. Mother nature wouldn't do wrong by completely getting rid of us, we just don't deserve to call this wonderful planet our home, we simply aren't good enough for it.

I was diliberately searching the thread to see if someone could find
any way to blame God for this? Unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

How completely sad! The tiger is such a noble, majestic beast and already in danger of becoming extinct. To murder them for the amusement of the elite makes my stomach turn! My only hope is that karma catches up with these horrible people because unfortunately the law probably never will!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Damn!

No 'stars' for my post u above?

I'm disappointed.

Anyways:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Sorry I'v been offline a few days.
Thanks for the lemurs, that did put a smile on my face.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroRocks

Well one of the butchers fell to his death during the raid, so that's karma for him.
Another 15 people were arrested

The details of the tiger killings were revealed after police arrested 15 butchers for allegedly illegally capturing and slaughtering a tiger in Zhanjiang, Guangdong last week.

I'm not sure what the punishment will be for them. Probley just a heafty fine... :\

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join