It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of Australian Defence League Nathan Abela shot at in targeted attack on Greystanes home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Nathan Abela, president of Australian Defence League, an extremist anti-Islam group, was in his Gresytanes home last night when up to seven shot were fired into it. He escaped with minor injuries. Pics Bill Hearne Source: News Corp Australia

www.theaustralian.com.au... 6874148609

This only happened 11.54 pm last night, (I was def looking at the back of my eyelids at that time) this is all the info I have at the moment, bit I will dig deeper, I believe threats were given for retaliation, I can't confirm that yet, I will check out their facebook page, yer never know.

There isn't a comment section in the article, that doesn't help.

Checked out their Facebook page nothing there yet.

I'll keep digging guys, any help appreciated.

This could turn nasty, this is their slogan.
Australian Defence League - Soldiers. Standing up against Islam now, not when its too late.
Kinda has a ring to it.
edit on 3-4-2014 by keenasbro because: to add

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hmmm two hate Groups, hating each other.Thanks for posting OP.S&F. Good to see the Gun grab was successful.From Greystanes, to Brown Stains LOL.
edit on 3-4-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Nicely put 13th Zodiac, there you go America, gun grabbing works....
For the crims, ffs

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by keenasbro

Why is it that no one who shoots at bloody Nazis these days does it with any bloody conviction? Should have gotten right through the buggers perimeter and lodged a few in the blighters spine, rather than just spraying the house down. I suppose it is too much to hope that this was the act of a person who is NOT from the target demographic against whom the intended victim had been speaking out?

In all honesty, I hope this was an action undertaken by a regular Aussie with a dislike for jackboots and nationalism, rather than a retaliation by an ethnic community. I doubt it, but I hope it to be the case. It's about time somebody took a stand against that sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Are we going to see another Cronulla like what happened in 2005?

In the entire recorded history of the human race, Hate.....has never been the solution.

Both sides would do well to understand the meaning of that.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

keenasbro
Nathan Abela, president of Australian Defence League, an extremist anti-Islam group, was in his Gresytanes home last night when up to seven shot were fired into it

Rumour floating around is that he arranged for some mates of his to do it for the publicity, so he could blame Islam.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

video.au.msn.com...

Watch the vid. sorry I can't embed.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

keenasbro
reply to post by hellobruce

video.au.msn.com...

Watch the vid. sorry I can't embed.

So it was just for publicity!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
he who lives by the sword...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

TrueBrit

Why is it that no one who shoots at bloody Nazis these days does it with any bloody conviction? Should have gotten right through the buggers perimeter and lodged a few in the blighters spine, rather than just spraying the house down. I suppose it is too much to hope that this was the act of a person who is NOT from the target demographic against whom the intended victim had been speaking out?

In all honesty, I hope this was an action undertaken by a regular Aussie with a dislike for jackboots and nationalism, rather than a retaliation by an ethnic community. I doubt it, but I hope it to be the case. It's about time somebody took a stand against that sort of thing.

I love ATS........So what you are really saying is you are what you hate.......Gotta love irony. So many are in need of self reflection in today's world it is kinda scary.

With all these extreme views from every side it is amazing the world keeps going.
edit on 4-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I think calling them an Anti Islamic group is going a bit far. On their homepage they only refer to one particular Islamic group and with that also elaborate how their members do come from different cultures and backgrounds.

Australian Defence League
As a group, we work with the public to spread awareness of those that seek to impeach upon these unalienable rights, both abroad and within our great land. We stand together, as one people, to protest and confront all those who seek to pervert our way of life, or segregate our communities. We also stand in opposition of groups such as Hizbut Tahir which although allowed to operate within our country serve no other purpose then to spread a message of hate, and to demonize any person who will not comply with their there religious teachings.

The Association is comprised completely by Australian citizens regardless of their walk in life, or cultural background. As an association we do not discriminate against any member. We stand together, with one voice to keep Australia the great land we were all born into. If you believe what we believe then sign up and add you voice today.

And this is what they are opposing

Hizbut-Tahir
Hizb ut-Tahrir is a political party whose ideology is Islam, so politics is its work and Islam is its ideology. It works within the Ummah and together with her, so that she adopts Islam as her cause and is led to restore the Khilafah and the ruling by what Allah (swt) revealed. Hizb ut-Tahrir is a political group and not a priestly one. Nor is it an academic, educational or a charity group. The Islamic thought is the soul of its body, its core and the secret of its life.

Seems like both of these groups aren't that bad in some ways but have found a hatred for each other somewhere down the track.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Call anything what you like but the fact's lie within the facts.

en.wikipedia.org...

If anyone believes there is not an agenda here (populate the world with .........) I must be missing something, plesae enlighten me.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

keenasbro
reply to post by SubTruth

Call anything what you like but the fact's lie within the facts.

en.wikipedia.org...

If anyone believes there is not an agenda here (populate the world with .........) I must be missing something, plesae enlighten me.

its pretty simple really
quit bombing and moving in to where they lived and ruining things to the awful point they have to leave
edit on Friam4b20144America/Chicago34 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
hey guys...this is not what it seems.

apparently we are dealing with someone here who is mentally ill. his poor mother and sister have been trying to get him help for his mental illness.

his family are desperately worried about what he will do next.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

keenasbro
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Nicely put 13th Zodiac, there you go America, gun grabbing works....
For the crims, ffs

sure does!
its rare to see guns or get the chance to use guns.. thus why the leader of a hate group has only had 1 shooting at him, that missed.. Compared to your society when you can train on any variation of automatic weapon, preparing for your overly stocked big moment(s)!

as for the shooting itself, aussie drongos looking for a fight, muslim fanatics looking for an excuse..
edit on 4-4-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So they are an extremist anti-islam group... so the nation of islam is an extremist anti-christian group? the naacp anti-white?

Maybe if the migrating muslim population tried just a little bit to conform to their host country's culture and customs there would be no need for the ADL, just like the EDL.

But no, they demand sharia law, demand people act according to their culture. Look at the no go zones in England and the muslim patrols.

Unfortunately I will be slammed as a racist hater because heaven forbid anybody say anything bad about the muslims.

We have a huge population of Muslims here in MI yet we don't need a Mich def league, why? because I don't hear the Muslims screaming about what they want and desecrating our culture, just being good neighbors and practicing their faith.

I'm not sure how racism works, can you only hate one specific group? I mean maybe they are anti-buddist too, or anti-hare krishna also.
or perhaps they just are pro Australian and do not like what this group of people is doing to destroy their culture.

Embrace diversity or be racist... are those the only 2 choices?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Good post tinner07, When in Egypt, do as the Egyptians do.
The guy has posted a video account of what happened on his facebook page, I have no idea how to link that.

Most Muslims want sharia law

The comprehensive Pew Research Centre survey conducted between 2008 and 2012 focused on 38,000 people in 39 countries drawn from a global Muslim community of 2.2 billion people

www.theaustralian.com.au...

new topics

top topics

join