It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas couple claims to have caught a live ‘chupacabra’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
An eastern Texas couple claims to have captured a live chupacabra.

Some people are saying it is most likely a hairless raccoon. I have never seen a raccoon that looked like that before but I have also never seen a hairless raccoon before.

So what do you think mythical beast or hairless raccoon?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It looks like it could be it, and the qoute from the local who has been hunting coons for 20 years is convincing to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I wish the name chupacabra had never been used for these critters. There is clearly some kind of hairless canid running around the south and the stigma seems to cause any credible inquiry to balk. The lady who has the taxidermy one apparently had it DNA tested and it comes back some kind of mexican wolf-ish DNA, but not coyote or other known canid. Whatever it is seems to be real, but the last thing Fish and Wildlife want to do is discover a "rare" new species. It is the same reason they refuse to acknowledge cougar, wolves, and bears in states where they aren't "supposed to be". That is what happens when science meets politics. Hope this one get some attention.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

Meh! Nuthin but a wild dog with serious mange.

+1 more 
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

After looking at some pics of hairless raccoons. I think it is a hairless raccoon

link   

Looks very similar to what I've seen before. Descriptions usually resemble a cross between a starved dog and a pig. A very ugly cross. And yes, the chupacabra is real. It's just not as exciting as the mythical version. Clearly, they're just animals.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Halfswede

My dad and aunt have seen huge black cats in northern michigan, and I dont think they are supposed to he there.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Looking at the button nose, and big black eyes, I"d say it is a hairless Racoon. Ive seen alot of coons on my land, and if you envision that face with hair, its a racoon

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

ReVoLuTiOn76

My dad and aunt have seen huge black cats in northern michigan, and I dont think they are supposed to he there.

Crazy you say that, Ive seen a black cat, about the size of an adult lion jump out of the woods. No such thing as a Native black cat in North America. And actually it really didnt look like any black cat ive seen before.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would like to start the; "Save the Chupacabra" Foundation.

We will also save Bigfoot, Yeti, The Loch Ness Monster, and honest politicians.*

*(we specialize in mythical creatures)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Poor mangy critter, I hope they took it to a vet.

Though I doubt the vet would have accepted chupacabra filled in on the admittance form.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

beezzer
I would like to start the; "Save the Chupacabra" Foundation.

We will also save Bigfoot, Yeti, The Loch Ness Monster, and honest politicians.*

*(we specialize in mythical creatures)

What??? No save the bunny foundation...

Shame on you Beez...not thinking of your own.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Raccoon ! 100 % i nursed back to health two baby raccoons one point in my life..

The way they eat food without looking at it , i have only seen these actions in coons .

And the eyes the eyes...the Beady little black eyes lol

thats just my take anyway ;-)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wait, they didn't shoot it....Wierd!?

Then it can't be a rare animal....

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Bigfoot's gonna be really pissed, when he can't find his pet.

I wouldn't want to be that couple...

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

ReVoLuTiOn76

Reminds me.. I read recently where lots of animals who normally stay away from town and cities are now getting bold enough to wander around around with no fear of humans. This includes lots of dangerous animals and is happening all over the USA. We are still finding lots of new species and hybrid species of animals so something scary dog like in the woods doesn't surprise me in the least, in fact, I expect it.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Mianeye

Bigfoot's gonna be really pissed, when he can't find his pet.

I wouldn't want to be that couple...

Des

Doesn't matter how pissed it gets, it'll listen to a shotgun or it won't be doing much of anything.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
They should try feeding it a goat... If it eats it, Chupacabra. If not, then hairless raccoon. My take, anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I don't see any blood around it's mouth... probably just an innocent hairless raccoon, let him out of the cage lol

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I don't understand how hairless animals ever came to be called Chupacabras. The chupacabras out of Puerto Rico are described as almost being alien-like so it's beyond me how two different species that are nothing a like whatsoever are both given the same name.
edit on 4/3/2014 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join