It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women No Longer Care

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

jacygirl, I had the same thing happen when I was pregnant. 8 months pregnant and developed an admirer who apparently found an obviously taken pregnant woman irresistible. While I'd say that that is better than men who think pregnant women are ugly, it's still kind of weird and creepy. (Read: men can't win on that one, lol).

I'm a tshirt and jeans type of woman who usually doesn't wear make up and keeps her hair up in a mangled bun half the time. Does it stop me from getting flirted with? Not entirely as there's a cashier who is very obviously sweet on me, which I find hilariously awkward. It's overt enough where I make a point of NOT going to the store when I happen to spend a wee bit more time on myself because I felt like it. I'm afraid he'll think I did it for him, lol.

Hate to break it to you guys who think that every woman is dressing for your attention. On the days where I do decide to wear a mini, tights and my big black buckled boots, I'm not wearing those things to make you think I'm cute. I'm wearing it because I feel like looking like I could kick your butt like a character from the Matrix. Yes, I'm juvenile at times.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

FancyName

Biggest mistake is in thinking that hitting on a woman is received as a compliment. Telling a woman that you don't know, that you want to 'bed her'....is just plain rude.

But is that you in your avatar looking all hot and beautiful glancing up with desire filled eyes like you are desperetely waiting for something..... gurrrl, what's your sign?

No baby, it's not me. It's a character from Game of Thrones. *sigh*
I'm a Sagittarius, honest to a fault, lol.
What's YOUR sign?

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So you do flirt with strange men.....

I'm a Virgo.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yes, yes and YESSSS!!!
My miniskirt and black boots are cuz I'm feeling kick-ass, lol!!
I read somewhere that when a woman says she has nothing to wear, it really means...I have nothing to wear that shows who I want to be today!
Some days I'm a rocker chick, other days it's no make-up and a hoody.
But EVERY day it's for me....no one else!

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

FancyName

So you do flirt with strange men.....

I'm a Virgo.

ROFL....And I DID divorce a Virgo!!!!
Too funny.....

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

On the days where I do decide to wear a mini, tights and my big black buckled boots, I'm not wearing those things to make you think I'm cute.

If you do it in minus 30...I might wonder exactly what the intentions are...hopefully you see my point.
Thats the difference between men and women,I would never freeze to look great,screw everyone...a big parka and snowpants it is.
Women will wear bad shoes that make their feet hurt and freeze their asses off....the reason,not sure yet,still trying to figure that out.
I'm a man....take it as it is.

Men and women...that should be the thing we should be REALLY trying to figure out.....screw conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Was he amused too?

Poor guy...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FancyName

No, actually he was devastated...and it was the biggest mistake I made.
He is now happily remarried...he deserves to be happy.
One of my biggest regrets.

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Going through a phase of regret right now myself, it wasn't that serious yet but I messed up and now I probably never know what could've been.....

It sucks.
edit on 3-4-2014 by FancyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that.
There are always reasons why we do things...at the time, they make sense to us. We can't see the future, and when we're younger we feel pretty invincible.
Even Sinatra sang, "Regrets...I've had a few...". We all screw up at some point.
It's really hard knowing that you hurt someone.
I just try to be a better person now. It helps, strangely...knowing that he has moved on. He is a good man.

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I hear you girl, give us a hug....

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

On the days where I do decide to wear a mini, tights and my big black buckled boots, I'm not wearing those things to make you think I'm cute.

If you do it in minus 30...I might wonder exactly what the intentions are...hopefully you see my point.
Thats the difference between men and women,I would never freeze to look great,screw everyone...a big parka and snowpants it is.
Women will wear bad shoes that make their feet hurt and freeze their asses off....the reason,not sure yet,still trying to figure that out.
I'm a man....take it as it is.

Men and women...that should be the thing we should be REALLY trying to figure out.....screw conspiracies.

It never gets to be minus 30 where I live so yeah, can't answer that one. Some people are what are called "polar bears". I see men running around in shorts during freezing temps locally. Not everybody is as sensitive to the cold as one might think. While personally I'd think wearing a miniskirt in minus 30 would be insane, somebody else might actually be able to do it. If they can endure it, I also think they should see if they can join the special forces, lol.

My point is this, not every woman dressing up is doing so to please others. A lot of times, women wear what they wear because it makes them feel like they look good and feeling like they look good boosts their self esteem. That's all inward driven things. When I was younger, my favorite outfit was a beautiful mini sweater dress coupled with thigh high boots. I loved how it looked on me. I went to the mall with my mother one time while wearing it and was startled when my mother started quietly raging at men looking at me a little too long. I hadn't even noticed it. If that outfit was something I wore to get men to notice me, then don't you think I would've registered that it was working?

Among my friends, I'm notorious for walking through the world with blinders on when it comes to male attention. I literally don't see it and honestly, don't care to.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

FancyName

I hear you girl, give us a hug....

*big squishy hug*
Oh poor us!!!

Men and women really aren't all that different. In some ways, yes...definitely.
(Trying to not get off topic too much, lol)

Some people need to remember, (not you Fancy)...that some women are expected to be 'dressed up' for work. Not every female knows how to put a classy outfit together. It's actually an art to accessorize and look elegant or sophisticated. Girls these days see terrible role models on tv and movies, and copy them. Pencil skirts and blouses are old-fashioned.
There...no thread drift here!

WhiteAlice...I like your style!

jacy

edit on 3-4-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Lol

There...no thread drift here!

Well, something moved during that hug.....

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Oops, mybad...I have a ferret in my pocket! You thought I was just glad to see you?
(I'm actually nursing a sick ferret right now, and worried sick!)

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm actually nursing a sick ferret right now, and worried sick!

O...k.... is this code too or is there an actual sick little critter under your wing, and if so what is the little fellers problem?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

hahahaha....no, no code!
I have 2 ferrets, and one is sick. She's an albino, and my little baby. I had her at the vet yesterday, and she has painkillers and antibiotics (her mouth is infected)...but she won't eat, and is weak and lethargic.
I stayed home today just to keep an eye on her (not from work, just from life). You all are keeping me busy and somewhat amused, lol. I'm terrified of losing her.
jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

jacygirl

Yes, yes and YESSSS!!!
My miniskirt and black boots are cuz I'm feeling kick-ass, lol!!
I read somewhere that when a woman says she has nothing to wear, it really means...I have nothing to wear that shows who I want to be today!
Some days I'm a rocker chick, other days it's no make-up and a hoody.
But EVERY day it's for me....no one else!

jacy

Yep! In fact, my no make up/mangled bun t-shirt and jean looks is just my wannabe Einstein look. So caught up in big thoughts that to hell with fussing about hair or style. Dare judge me? Pssh, book/cover, oh shallow one! lol I do rocker chick as well. I actually still have my old studded motorcycle jacket with pointed studs on it (studded it myself, very proud). That jacket was to exude the "don't mess with me because I'm a porcupine" look. I've got a long and austere empire cut casual dress that I like to wear with boots when I'm feeling like "Gaelic princess" or "Druid".

I think men forget that little girls like playing dress up as children and that it might be something that we never entirely grow out of. Today's mode? Slacker.

P.S. If mad as a hatter is a style (I suppose he WAS very stylish), then awesome.
Like yours, too.

edit on 3/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Oh geez, you sound SO much like me, lol.
Yes, dress-up indeed! Every morning I have to decide which 'me' I am that day...and wear the appropriate attire.
It's really funny how people treat you depending on what you're wearing.

I had to go to court recently (for a friend), and wore pinstripes...two different people asked if I was a lawyer! The next day was my "I'm a writer" day at home....old housecoat, endless cups of coffee...smoke hanging out of my mouth, typing fervently on the laptop!
Tomorrow I might be black leather jacket and boots.
Tsk, to think that men actually think that we dress for them? Hilarious!

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

They are fun little pets. Buddy of mine used to own some too.

Hope she gets better!

Take care girl!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join