It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Marathon bombing victim sues Glenn Beck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

A Saudi Arabian man injured by one of the two bombs that detonated at last year’s Boston Marathon is suing conservative commentator Glenn Beck in federal court for defamation.

Abdulrahman Alharbi, then 20, was among the hundreds hurt during last April’s footrace in the metropolitan Massachusetts city after a pair of homemade pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line, killing three. Now nearly a year later, attorneys for the man have filed suit against Beck in response to erroneous on-air remarks he made repeatedly about their client in the aftermath.

Boston Marathon bombing victim sues Glenn Beck

Anyone remember the time when Glenn Beck stated that the mysterious Saudi Arabian man may have had a role to play in the Boston Bombings? Yeah, well that Saudi Arabian man is now suing Beck in a federal court for defamation.

I'm not sure what to think about this. There were clear and mysterious happenings in relation to the Saudi national and the Boston Bombings case, but i guess i would be angry too if i never committed such a crime and had some commentator telling a large audience that i was a 'very bad, bad, bad man'...

The truth is, we don't know exactly what happened, and this individual feels that he has been wrongly defamed. It will be interesting to see where this heads.

Daas.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Damn right, every right to sue, defamation is a serious offence as far as I'm concerned

edit on 1-4-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I truly hope he bankrupts the garbage spewer.

Glen Beck is like the American version of Sorcha Faal.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is funny, and although I don't listen or support most of what GB says, this guy suing him will have to be able to prove that GB caused him injury by what he said.

In simpler words, he must prove that he has lost money or other things because of GB words. Wait and See what happens...

Just being harassed isn't enough. But with todays feel good idealistic interpretation of law maybe he will win big bucks.

He should get something for an ahole like Beck saying these things, but we will see if it follows the usual procedure..
edit on 1-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

We are talking about the Saudi National who made multiple visits to the White House before the bombing, who was on a terrorist watch list for a time, and Michelle Obama visited in the hospital after the bombing. I'm sure he has the backing of the White House in his suit against Glenn Beck.

Saudi national Ali Al-Harbi has visited the White House multiple times since 2009
Posted on Apr 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM in Politics www.dcclothesline.com...

Maybe this explains why FLOTUS came to visit AbdulRahman Ali Al-Harbi in the hospital. Turns out he’s been to the White House a few times:

Al-Harbi even posted pics of Michelle visiting him in the hospital on his FB pg. Though she didn't visit other people injured in the bombing.
therightscoop.com...

I guess he'll have to sue Janet Napolitano who told the press he was indeed on a terrorist watch list for a period of time.

This will be fun to watch...

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Man, if more people had the time, money, and inclination to sue frauds like Beck or Limbaugh or Sharpton, we might be able to reduce the rhetoric that prevails on a tv or in the paper.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Des knows the backstory on this.
I don't get it, at all.
This could backfire badly.
I pray it does!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Destinyone

We are talking about the Saudi National who made multiple visits to the White House before the bombing, who was on a terrorist watch list for a time, and Michelle Obama visited in the hospital after the bombing. I'm sure he has the backing of the White House in his suit against Glenn Beck.

Saudi national Ali Al-Harbi has visited the White House multiple times since 2009
Posted on Apr 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM in Politics www.dcclothesline.com...

Maybe this explains why FLOTUS came to visit AbdulRahman Ali Al-Harbi in the hospital. Turns out he’s been to the White House a few times:

Al-Harbi even posted pics of Michelle visiting him in the hospital on his FB pg. Though she didn't visit other people injured in the bombing.
therightscoop.com...

I guess he'll have to sue Janet Napolitano who told the press he was indeed on a terrorist watch list for a period of time.

This will be fun to watch...

Des

Des that was the first thing I thought of too. Who put him up to it is a honest question... With the latest efforts to silence the free press unless your are one of the water carriers, I would not doubt he was advised, funded, goaded, and blessed to bring the suit. Interesting indeed

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum

Damn right, every right to sue, defamation is a serious offence as far as I'm concerned

So is treason, so why aren't politicians being charged?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

So much nonsense in those articles you link to. Michelle Obama did visit other victims. Al-Harbi was not a "guest" of the White House, he went on a tour of it. His "family members" in Guantanamo Bay were people with the same surname, of which there are about a million in the Arab world.

You need a much bigger fig leaf if you're going to try to cover up lies of the magnitude Beck spouts.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

JuniorDisco

So much nonsense in those articles you link to. Michelle Obama did visit other victims. Al-Harbi was not a "guest" of the White House, he went on a tour of it. His "family members" in Guantanamo Bay were people with the same surname, of which there are about a million in the Arab world.

You need a much bigger fig leaf if you're going to try to cover up lies of the magnitude Beck spouts.

And you need facts and links to back up your claims if you are going to call someone a liar..........

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

bobs_uruncle

Zcustosmorum

So is treason, so why aren't politicians being charged?

Cheers - Dave

because this thread is about glen beck being sued for slander and defamation, start another thread about treason.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
law suit won't get anywhere.

beck has some serious backstage and lawyers.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Assertions by Beck himself. We don't know as of yet whether the same Alharbi visited the White House or not. But even if he did, so what? A blogger took Becks investigation and applied some common sense to it.

What Beck did was extremely irresponsible, his actions have significantly altered an innocent young man's life even to the point his life is in danger.

Beck will lose this law suit. I just hope it puts him out business.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

From the blog that is your source:

It makes me wonder if our President had a direct hand in what happened in Boston. If Alharbi ends up dead of an apparent suicide or other suspicious causes that might be a pretty good signal that I was on the right track.

I guess that is what you were implying by your post. The President met with a guy at the Whitehouse to plan backpack bombings at a marathon. Uh-hu.

CJ

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Michelle Obama visits other victims
boston.cbslocal.com...

Al Harbi's White House visits could be three in number, although the middle name is correct in only one case. All available via White House site:
www.whitehouse.gov...
and all signed properly as all individuals taking a tour do. If he was there for nefarious purposes why would they have him sign a public record that they themselves transmit?

"Family" members in Gitmo, on watchlist - they simply have the same name, which is a tribal construct roughly twice as popular as the surname Smith in the US. You might as well accuse Neil Patrick Harris of having ties to school shooters in his "family".

Oddly enough the first article linked to in the post to which I was responding posits that Al-Harbi might well be silenced by being murdered. The reverse has happened, and he's making more headlines. But I suspect that will be conveniently ignored.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

And made sure he signed the visitors book.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What Glenn said is fluffy kittens compared to the hate and vitriol many celebrities spewed and tweeted about George Zimmerman. If this guy gets many Zimmerman has the green light to sue everyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Sounds ike a money grab to me. Dude needs to man up and get over it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Except Zimmerman actually killed someone. Whereas all Al-Harbi did was get caught up in Beck's onanistic fantasy world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join