It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another new member post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hi,
Been reading this site for a while now, took the next step and joined. Sometimes I would like to ask the odd thing here and there and possibly post some of my own thoughts.
I am a skeptical believer, I have had experiences of my own but tend to disbelieve others when they tell their stories. Seems like a double standard, but most things that seem to good to be true usually are. This site has a much better standard than any other I have found, if my opinion is worth anything.
Everything that fascinates me is at a dead end. Having read everything I can find on ancient history, paranormal subject matter and alien theories….It seems like something’s missing, I know there is more and assume that an average person such as myself will never be privy to.
I have personally seen ghost or shadow people at times when it could not have been anything but, though I usually find a legitimate real word explanations for most things that seemed paranormal. The odd consolation for me has been a few TV shows that have what seems like credible evidence. I still take what I see with a grain of salt. Growing up in a time when telling people you seen something of that nature was met with ridicule or told not to talk about it….It is a true comfort to know if I am insane, at least I am not alone.
Until last year I had never seen anything I would remotely classify as a UFO personally. While talking to my son outside my house late one night, we both witnessed the same thing, unless the / a government has something beyond my wildest sci-fi imagination this had to be a true UFO. As for aliens or UFO, I believe they exist for one really good reason. Astronauts and military pilots with nothing to gain and everything to lose by being the crackpot talking about fictional things makes no sense at all. Many have permanent place in the history books. Would be a funny thing to see a * next to their legacy considering the test these men all had to undergo to prove they were the absolute best for the missions. Military pilots are to well trained to identify aircraft to disbelieve them. So…I believe.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Speculation

Welcome to the ATS Family. I think you'll fit in just fine here...

I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, Speculation!

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send and receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the plethora of information provided below:

Terms and Conditions ...... (Very important, please review.)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. In the meantime, kick your feet up, have a look around, and enjoy your stay.

BoneZ,
ATS Member and Moderator

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I believe too. Hello and welcome!!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Coming from an ever conflicting optimist/skeptic myself I can say I feel your pain.

However this attitude is nearly required stimulate growth in ones mind and to ensure practical debate.

I have a few core beliefs that can't and will NOT change.

That being said everything else is "subject to change" without warning lol.

Great to have you here!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hello there.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thank you all for the welcome.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Howdy
glad you joined