It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Fires NINE Nuclear Commanders! TODAY!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Remember last year? Well it's not over I guess:
Someone keeps firing these guys? Why?

Including an air base commander yet.

Think these guys were asked something that they didn't give the correct answer to?

Something stinks and it looks like only the beginning.

time.com...

The commanders discharged were not directly involved in cheating but are said to have failed in their leadership duties. The navy also plans to discipline dozens more junior officers for allegedly sharing answers on important proficiency exams

Peace

edit on 28-3-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Maybe they might have not passed their loyalty tests????

Either way, after the Dyess Airforce base and missing nuke stories popped up, and our wonderful leader just mentioning he is more concerned with Manhattan being nuked????

I am just wondering if his recent visit to Saudi wasn't to discuss what color they were going to paint that so called missing plane! *wink wink*

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think what disturbs me the most is how happy and almost triumphant Maddow seams in reporting it. Turn off the sound and run the first part through to watch her face and actions. She looks downright excited. (sigh)

It's our military. All 330 million of us. If they really screwed up this badly, we have very serious questions to ask about this whole thing.

I will say one thing. I saw and, just for fun, actually took the study material and testing for nuke related positions. The material came up online, and it was not classified in any way. Security isn't impressive. This is possible, and it's a big big problem, as anyone should agree.

If it's not legit...it's still no cause for celebration and really, even deeper concern. Holes are filled with replacements, and that's a lot of replacing in one shot, and not the only 'purge' during the recent years. It's worth asking why and to what end?

Either way, why do people like her seem happy at the news like this? It's a sad day for our country that this is leading headlines.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

jude11

Think these guys were asked something that they didn't give the correct answer to?

Something stinks.

Peace

Question: Would you fire on unarmed civilians?

Answer: Hell, no.

Response: You're fired.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I think what disturbs me the most is how happy and almost triumphant Maddow seams in reporting it. Turn off the sound and run the first part through to watch her face and actions. She looks downright excited. (sigh)

It's our military. All 330 million of us. If they really screwed up this badly, we have very serious questions to ask about this whole thing.

I will say one thing. I saw and, just for fun, actually took the study material and testing for nuke related positions. The material came up online, and it was not classified in any way. Security isn't impressive. This is possible, and it's a big big problem, as anyone should agree.

If it's not legit...it's still no cause for celebration and really, even deeper concern. Holes are filled with replacements, and that's a lot of replacing in one shot, and not the only 'purge' during the recent years. It's worth asking why and to what end?

Either way, why do people like her seem happy at the news like this? It's a sad day for our country that this is leading headlines.

You are correct in Maddow's approach but do you think it's a case of "I told you, you didn't listen and now I'm validated"?

Maybe.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Metallicus

jude11

Something stinks.

Peace

Question: Would you fire on unarmed civilians?

Answer: Hell, no.

Response: You're fired.

I remember the same question posed last year.

Same question, different year? Probably.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure what this means but it surely can't be good.Its troubling to know men in these sensitive positions have been let go in a horde and being replaced by rookies.
edit on CDTFripm5761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The commanders discharged were not directly involved in cheating but are said to have failed in their leadership duties.

Well since they didn't hold political office they are to be held responsible for those under them. Funny how that worked out!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

TDawg61
I'm not sure what this means but it surely can't be good.Its troubling to know men in these sensitive positions have been let go in a horde and being replaced by rookies.
edit on CDTFripm5761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

Rookies or Lackeys?

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know how to solve the nuclear officer problem:

Bring back the cold war. I mean these guys have no threats right now. For the past 13 years, we've been fighting asymmetric warfare against guerrillas. The nuclear personnel are BORED! Most folks would probably do the same things if they knew the priorities of their jobs were trivial compared to the work of a MQ-9. I'm surprised you're not hearing more about misconduct from the USAF fighter community. They have absolutely nothing going on these days and the USAF is having a hard time keeping them in.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The lack of knowledge on how the military works is amusing.

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Stuff like this is why those people in silos are going to be replaced with computers.

Here look at this!

Here look at what they did now!

One day 'skynet' really will be created.

Because 'humans' can't be 'trusted'.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is the shuffling of the deck in favor of a better hand. Hitler and Stalin both were famous for this....
God I love history, its like a cassette tape stuck on continuous rewind and playback.

You cannot stop the machine unless you have mucho man power. And you don't make a run at the machine with mucho man power unless you are truly dedicated to your cause.

That's why the enemy is still there as they are truly dedicated where we have allowed ourselves the luxury of civility in a world that does not know how to be civil.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I concur. On one hand I find it discouraging, but on the other hand, I fear there is too much information on how the military works. Between our transparency, the way we brag about operations to the press, and lack of OPSEC, it's no wonder the bad guys can beat us. Of course, this is also a form of job security - as the enemy develops systems/tactics to defeat us, we return in kind...kind of a self-licking ice cream.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

neo96
Stuff like this is why those people in silos are going to be replaced with computers.

One day 'skynet' really will be created.

Because 'humans' can't be 'trusted'.

Exactly, when you take away work from the man, you take something away from the man.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

These tests have a direct impact on their Officer Evaluation Reports and they're under a lot of pressure to, not just pass, but to get 100%. So, they cheat and have been cheating for quite a number of years. With the economy the way it is, retention is at an all time high and rules are now getting enforced (i.e. No Cheating!).

Back in the olden days, tests would be stolen, copied and used as "study guides" since the questions never really changed. Now, with cell phones, you can just snap a pic of the test and send it to whomever you want. You can also try and text the answers. Heck, I remember a story about a couple of Quartermasters that gave each other answers using semaphore with their hands! They were eventually caught.

Understand it is much more exciting to believe that the President or some nefarious secret gov't is firing officers and replacing them with more "controllable" officers; but the real answer is much more mundane. As a retired officer once told me, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

No, not in her case. Both sides have their downright hateful people for public speakers. Maddow is generally one of those on the left. In fairness, Anne Coulter is about as tactful as sandpaper in her own right, so in a weird way it tends to balance for the extremes that exist.

It's just a little hard at times to see people on a US news network take seeming joy in serious harm done to their nation. Maddow isn't showing this for the first time, but this is one that struck me as downright oddball in that way.

A couple recent threads I've come across have had clips of "old" journalism. 'old' is a relative thing of course, but before the Rush Limbaughs came along to help blur all lines between news and commentary. Even the Watergate stuff I'm learning about in a course wasn't showing any happy people back then. A profound sadness, is the sense I got. Everyone knew what had been lost for innocence and even reporters didn't come off as happy.

We don't have much for news anymore. I'm sure there is a lot to this story the media isn't carrying with it, or even digging to find.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The thing that concerns me is why are we so concentrated on our nuke commanders? Are they that corrupt or is there some other motive?

I know there has been general house cleaning in the top ranks of the military, but it seems to have hit this area particularly hard.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

It's concentrated on the Nuke Officers because the test is extremely difficult and it's even more difficult to promote. Again, without a perfect score on that test, they most likely will be passed over. Also, if a Commander's junior officers do well on the test then, in a way, the Commander does well on his evaluation report. It's really a vicious circle in the officer world.

I see this as somewhat embarrassing but it's not like these guys were selling nukes to NK. They were cheating on a very difficult test so they could promote. It's been happening forever and will continue.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I try not to think about the ATS explanation which would pop into mind to ponder.

If I were an ATS person who thought up theories... I might note that the way the US structured things, the U.S. President does have positive control of Nuclear weapons use and deployment. However............. That whole system was also built like the Internet, so any part could fail or be removed and it still function. I.E...... Who holds those commander spots would be real important if, say, the US got hit and retaliation came down to individual initiative for whatever reason circumstances came to that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join