It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra cleansing anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am going to leave out a tremendous amount of details about my life and get to the point. I am feeling like I need some sort of spiritual cleansing. I am plagued by failings and negativity and my attitude is awful. A lifelong Christian turned Catholic turned Atheist turned Agnostic.... I've really been struggling with a sense of spiritual identity. I am not entirely sure what I believe in but I do believe in a mind, body, soul, and greater power connection. I want positive energy flowing throughout me and my life and those around me.
I have been doing lots of research on chakras and spiritual cleansing. Is there anyone on here who can dumb it down for me and point me in a positive direction? I really do believe I am cursed in some sort of way. I am not being paranoid. I have had horrible "luck" since I was a child and I am seeing those negatives I dealt with, carrying over into my children's lives. I know as a parent, I set the tone. I want to create a sanctuary of positive energy and balance.
Thank you in advance and stars for you.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I too have experienced a similar spiritual path as you and what I do to cleanse my chakras is to sit quietly on solid ground, preferably outside on the grass, raise my arms and try to feel my life force energy above or around my head - you may have to reach and search around for it - once you find it grasp it on both sides, like curtains, and pull them down all around your body, then push out the negativity, when you feel more positive, then pull it back up to the top of your head, hopefully in a tight ball that will be easy to find the next time.

edit on 28-3-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma
[i think im also lost on my spiritual path what you say completely resonates with me your not alone im finding this very difficult but there's something keeping me going

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

PassedKarma
I am going to leave out a tremendous amount of details about my life and get to the point. I am feeling like I need some sort of spiritual cleansing. I am plagued by failings and negativity and my attitude is awful. A lifelong Christian turned Catholic turned Atheist turned Agnostic.... I've really been struggling with a sense of spiritual identity. I am not entirely sure what I believe in but I do believe in a mind, body, soul, and greater power connection. I want positive energy flowing throughout me and my life and those around me.
I have been doing lots of research on chakras and spiritual cleansing. Is there anyone on here who can dumb it down for me and point me in a positive direction? I really do believe I am cursed in some sort of way. I am not being paranoid. I have had horrible "luck" since I was a child and I am seeing those negatives I dealt with, carrying over into my children's lives. I know as a parent, I set the tone. I want to create a sanctuary of positive energy and balance.

I could have written this myself.

I, too, would love to know where to start. I was noticing my attitude and depression was leaking over my kids and I had to stop it! I ended up going through a spiritual crisis, too.

I went through the Fall and most of Winter researching anything and everything that has to do with religion and spirituality. I have concluded that we are all one and it doesn't matter what we believe. This may not be the way it happens with you, but I wanted to share my thoughts. I have changed my outlook and have started practicing positive energy. Thinking it, feeling it, and mentally blocking negative energy. Honestly, my kids are so better now! BUT, I bet they are the same as before, but it was my own mindset that changed. They can sense it and are happier as well.

I haven't gotten deep into the chakras or anything like that, yet. I have no idea how to go about it. I usually imagine the colors and the areas on my body. It is calming, but I have no idea if I am doing it right.

Hope I at least made you feel like you are not alone!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

InTheLight
I too have experienced a similar spiritual path as you and what I do to cleanse my chakras is to sit quietly on solid ground, preferably outside on the grass, raise my arms and try to feel my life force energy above or around my head - you may have to reach and search around for it - once you find it grasp it on both sides, like curtains, and pull them down all around your body, then push out the negativity, when you feel more positive, then pull it back up to the top of your head, hopefully in a tight ball that will be easy to find the next time.

Thanks for this!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

MoonLightStars

InTheLight

Thanks for this!

You are welcome and I see by you avatar that you may already know the way. LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

PassedKarma
I am not entirely sure what I believe in but I do believe in a mind, body, soul, and greater power connection. I have been doing lots of research on chakras and spiritual cleansing. Is there anyone on here who can dumb it down for me and point me in a positive direction?

Ya need to stop worrying about Chakra cleansing/spiritual path & the save the planet crap...& start worrying about the political & economic corruption here on earth if ya want make things better for your children,,,Chakra cleansing will be the last thing you have worry about if society collapses & people are rioting in the streets...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I never understood why some people insist on "chakra cleansing"... Its not like they get dirty lol

Your chakras just need to be open... And opening them is pretty easy if you can focus your mind on the areas, and forget the world around you and the distractions in it...

Start at your root... and try to focus on the actual feeling of that area, its a slight tingle or vibration just above the perineal area, but try to think inside the body not outside or on the surface... Focus on nothing but how that area feels, and you'll notice the vibration will gradually get stronger... Move upwards to the next chakra and repeat the same process... but don't ignore the vibration of the previous one...

Think of yourself as an empty vessel... and as these vibrations are increasing you're filling that vessel with light...

Try to focus on nothing but that vibration and your breathing... be sure its steady and rhythmic

But above all... try to relax and remove yourself from the troubles of the world... This is your time to just be

There are no bills or debts in your time... there is no outside world... There is nothing but yourself and that moment...

IF you have a bit of time... read this story... Its deep, and thought provoking

it may help you...

The story

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

PassedKarma

It isn't about luck. Life is about perspective, and approach. Your perspective is your mind frame...it literally sets the ENTIRE theme of your life, and it pours into EVERY FACET of your life. Your approach is the actions you take in life, your stance, how you deal with your sourroundings and others.

Together, your perspective and approach combined determine what kind of life you have. Other things also affect your life, such as karma. Karma is an energetic principle based on the universal truth that the energy you put out, determines to an extent the energy you receive back from the universe. Again, your perspective and approach to life determine your personal karma.

Please, understand that you are NOT cursed, and you do NOT have bad luck. It is simply your perspective, and your approach that are creating negative circumstances for yourself.

Meditation is not about gaining anything. Quite the opposite, the gift of meditation is about purification, of the subtle and gross elements and samskaras that might up your being. That sounds like exactly what you need.

Chakra meditation is not really something you can learn from a book. It is like a martial art.....you can read 100 books on the subject, but it is a delicate art, and needs to be taught first hand by someone who is adept.

Also, chakra meditation is NOT something to take lightly. It is a life-altering practice, and it can be a dangerous tool to the unintiated. You believe you have bad luck, and that you are cursed.....well that alone is reason to NOT practice chakra meditation. When you bring detrimental beliefs like that to a powerful practice like chakra meditation, you are just ASKING for more unbalance, more pain and confusion, and more negative karma in your life.

Instead, I recommend you study some simple, basic buddhist principles. Read a book or two by the dalai lama if you wish. Study the yoga sutras by patanjali if you want to really grasp what meditation and yoga is all about.

In order to really benefit meditation, you have to practice EVERY single day, just like playing an instrument. A sincere and steady meditation practice will effect EVERY SINGLE aspect of your life in a positive way. However, it takes honest reflection, constant attention, and steady application.

I wish you the best of "luck" my friend

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

supermarket2012

PassedKarma

It isn't about luck. Life is about perspective, and approach. Your perspective is your mind frame...it literally sets the ENTIRE theme of your life, and it pours into EVERY FACET of your life. Your approach is the actions you take in life, your stance, how you deal with your sourroundings and others.

Together, your perspective and approach combined determine what kind of life you have. Other things also affect your life, such as karma. Karma is an energetic principle based on the universal truth that the energy you put out, determines to an extent the energy you receive back from the universe. Again, your perspective and approach to life determine your personal karma.

Please, understand that you are NOT cursed, and you do NOT have bad luck. It is simply your perspective, and your approach that are creating negative circumstances for yourself.

Meditation is not about gaining anything. Quite the opposite, the gift of meditation is about purification, of the subtle and gross elements and samskaras that might up your being. That sounds like exactly what you need.

Chakra meditation is not really something you can learn from a book. It is like a martial art.....you can read 100 books on the subject, but it is a delicate art, and needs to be taught first hand by someone who is adept.

Also, chakra meditation is NOT something to take lightly. It is a life-altering practice, and it can be a dangerous tool to the unintiated. You believe you have bad luck, and that you are cursed.....well that alone is reason to NOT practice chakra meditation. When you bring detrimental beliefs like that to a powerful practice like chakra meditation, you are just ASKING for more unbalance, more pain and confusion, and more negative karma in your life.

Instead, I recommend you study some simple, basic buddhist principles. Read a book or two by the dalai lama if you wish. Study the yoga sutras by patanjali if you want to really grasp what meditation and yoga is all about.

In order to really benefit meditation, you have to practice EVERY single day, just like playing an instrument. A sincere and steady meditation practice will effect EVERY SINGLE aspect of your life in a positive way. However, it takes honest reflection, constant attention, and steady application.

Those are mindful and adept can teach themselves and find their own path.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Akragon

I never understood why some people insist on "chakra cleansing"... Its not like they get dirty lol

Your chakras just need to be open... And opening them is pretty easy if you can focus your mind on the areas, and forget the world around you and the distractions in it...

Start at your root... and try to focus on the actual feeling of that area, its a slight tingle or vibration just above the perineal area, but try to think inside the body not outside or on the surface... Focus on nothing but how that area feels, and you'll notice the vibration will gradually get stronger... Move upwards to the next chakra and repeat the same process... but don't ignore the vibration of the previous one...

Think of yourself as an empty vessel... and as these vibrations are increasing you're filling that vessel with light...

Try to focus on nothing but that vibration and your breathing... be sure its steady and rhythmic

But above all... try to relax and remove yourself from the troubles of the world... This is your time to just be

There are no bills or debts in your time... there is no outside world... There is nothing but yourself and that moment...

IF you have a bit of time... read this story... Its deep, and thought provoking

it may help you...

The story

That isn't really accurate.

Although chakras don't get "dirty" per se, chakras are spinning energy vortexes, which provide the doorway between this physical body which interacts with our planet, and the more subtle energies that are a part of our existence.

Just like our minds , chakras DO develop what we call samskaras. Samskaras are one of the main obstacles to enlightenment, and what they are is basically "impressions". It is rather hard to explain until you discover this all for yourself, first hand, but I can try.

Let's take for instance our Manipura chakra. This chakra is located an inch below your navel. It is the seat of power. Some people focus on the solar plexus instead, but the actual seat of power comes from the manipura, which is an inch below the navel. (for some, it helps to focus on the solar plexus instead). Anyway, a person who is inclined to abuse power, a person mis-uses power, abuses others, or has been abused, or experiences anxiety, fear, etc. This person has either a blockage, or excessive samskaras in their manipura region. Authentic chakra meditation can actually remove these blockages, and dissolve these samskaras. Doing so is actually a very intricate practice, and it involves a lot more than simply opening the chakra up.

In fact, opening the chakras isn't alway beneficial, and can sometimes be detrimental. Chakra meditation is similar to surgery.....you wouldn't just go poking and prodding inside your body, would you? It is a very delicate practice, one that has been refined over THOUSANDS of years on this planet.

Much of what is available to the average person regarding chakra meditation, dream yoga, and the higher esoteric practices of yogic principles is very basic stuff, and quite a bit is either incorrect, misunderstood, or incomplete. A LARGE majority of the craft is secret, hidden, and for GOOD reason. It isn't to keep people in the dark....it is because practicing these things without the proper guidance can literally DESTROY a person's life. I've seen it happen first hand, as have many other practitioners.

That is why I recommended a simple understanding of meditation and yogic principles. Things don't have to be complicated, and often times, less is more. The advanced yogic practices definitely have their place, but they aren't necessary for the vast majority of people on earth. Simple one pointed meditation can completely shift every aspect of a person's life for the better, should they actually and sincerely commit themselves!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

InTheLight

supermarket2012

PassedKarma

I imagine it is possible, but it would be extremely rare for someone to teach themselves truly advanced yogic principles.

How many people do you know that have taught themselves martial arts, without ever studying with any teacher, EVER...and became masters? It is rare, unheard of, and not likely. Also, there is NO reason not to learn from someone who has already mastered the art form you wish to learn.

There are MANY things that can't be taught from a book. There are specific subtle energies that need to be experienced first hand, and understood, and without the supervision of a master, someone who has already mastered the advanced yogic principles, it would be very difficult for a person to recognize these subtle energies. Not to mention chakra meditation is as delicate , intricate, and specific as a a brain surgeon's craft.

Would you teach yourself brain surgery?

Some things are best studied under someone who has already mastered the art.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Ah yes... Enlightenment

The buzz word for the ages... You're complicating things that are much simpler then you're making them seem

Everyone seems to have their own method of so called "enlightenment" these days... "become enlightening in 30 days" etc etc...

I've heard of peoples lives being turned upside down by opening their chakras... but most of these people simply weren't ready for that change in their lives and likely had other issues... Mostly, people that don't know how to relax...

Without inner peace chakra meditation is pointless...

To each their own though...

I would hardly say the point of this thread was to create an argument or debate... more to help the OP...

I've offered what I could... I suggest you do the same instead of pointing out what you think maybe flawed...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
By the way, for anyone who might be reading this...

Heres a little tip on so called ENLIGHTENMENT

Don't believe the hype, or buy into everything you read

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

supermarket2012

InTheLight

supermarket2012

PassedKarma

I imagine it is possible, but it would be extremely rare for someone to teach themselves truly advanced yogic principles.

How many people do you know that have taught themselves martial arts, without ever studying with any teacher, EVER...and became masters? It is rare, unheard of, and not likely. Also, there is NO reason not to learn from someone who has already mastered the art form you wish to learn.

There are MANY things that can't be taught from a book. There are specific subtle energies that need to be experienced first hand, and understood, and without the supervision of a master, someone who has already mastered the advanced yogic principles, it would be very difficult for a person to recognize these subtle energies. Not to mention chakra meditation is as delicate , intricate, and specific as a a brain surgeon's craft.

Would you teach yourself brain surgery?

Some things are best studied under someone who has already mastered the art.

You fail to observe others progress to their path as I do, but with time you will learn.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Akragon

You may not necessarily agree with the other poster, but together, you paint a beautifully illustrative picture of the beginning processes to growth.

Well done

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Serdgiam

Akragon

You may not necessarily agree with the other poster, but together, you paint a beautifully illustrative picture of the beginning processes to growth.

Well done

its not that I disagree with him... each has their own method...

I try to simplify for those that lack the knowledge...

Meditation should not be complicated... with complication comes confusion... and confusion leads to abandonment...

He refers to chakra meditation as surgery... only to be used by those that have this deeper understanding of it...

that's simply not true... but along those same lines... it should not be practiced by those that can not focus...

Most people in this age can't clear their minds for more then a few seconds let alone focus for minutes at a time without distraction...

Meditation of any sort that is attempted by such a person is futile... and in some cases it can actually hurt that person

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

For some, that is exactly what it takes (a teacher). Others dont do so well with such things.

Clearing the mind works for some, others prefer to not impede any natural processes whatsoever (only become aware of them).

There are many paths, and all that jazz.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Serdgiam
reply to post by Akragon

For some, that is exactly what it takes (a teacher). Others dont do so well with such things.

Clearing the mind works for some, others prefer to not impede any natural processes whatsoever (only become aware of them).

There are many paths, and all that jazz.

That's absolutely true...

But clearing the mind is merely a lesson in focus...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Akragon
But clearing the mind is merely a lesson in focus...

Not for those who have a clear mind in the first place, then its quite the opposite.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join