It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) used $17,000 in campaign funds to purchase Jewlery from his

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This would only be interesting if it was enough to get him prosecuted or something. Nothing will happen so it's just political gossip. Those who have liberal proclivities won't even care about stuff like this come election time. All that matters to them is whether or not he's a loyal servant to the liberal cause.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

No, that's just what they caught with. I guarantee a lot more has been spent by Reid & family. Diamonds, gold.........Glad that ol' Harry's daughter is living so well.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

madmac5150

sheepslayer247
Are we surprised?

I think it's about time we start taking the "money in politics" issue seriously and lay some very tight regulations on how money is raised, spent and absolute ineligibility for office for those caught red-handed.

That goes for all parties.
edit on 27-3-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

I am more surprised that it was only $17K...

Are the corrupt becoming cheapskates?
edit on 27-3-2014 by madmac5150 because: Mutant albino giraffe kills 3 in drive by shooting... film at 11

Looks like the Dems are cheap. Marco Rubio stole a couple hundred thousand to pay for parties, haircuts and floors for his house. But seeing how insider trading is legal for these people why not embezzlement?

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Alberta's premier had to resign because of similar misuse of funds but I guess certain people get a free pass on corruption. This Reid crook sounds like a real piece of work.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

And nothing will happen...it's almost like this news means nothing...If he did this for his granddaughter one can only imagine how much money he and all the other crooks spend on family.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Looks like the Dems are cheap. Marco Rubio stole a couple hundred thousand to pay for parties, haircuts and floors for his house. But seeing how insider trading is legal for these people why not embezzlement?

I'll be right with you to call for them both to be prosecuted equally if they both broke laws to be prosecuted for. If not those ones, there are likely others they've each broken over time by sheer law of averages to watching politicians in general. The higher they get, the dirtier they got in the process of getting there.

I don't like Rubio anyway, to be honest.

edit on 29-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Another blatant crime that would end in a felony conviction for any one of us serfs yet, overlooked for an overlord. How many crimes go unpunished every day in law enforcement and politics? Crimes that would mean hard jail time and ruin lives if it happened to a regular citizen?

This is tolerated why exactly? Those that champion the right of the government to rob us of civil liberties in the name of "social equality" should probably answer this question first. If what we strive to be by their standards is a holistic community then certainly what is good for the goose is good for the gander no?

Of course not, because progressives are hypocrites. It's the very nature of progressivism. Do as I say, not as I do.
edit on 29-3-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Thank you for putting into more eloquent words, what I was thinking.

We need a reboot of our government. A total overhaul. Get people in office that care about where this country is headed and are willing to work to get us back on track.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
12/28/2021

fyi..Former Senate Majority Leader, Harry "Nuclear Option" Reid, has died - Age 82: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

May rest in peace,

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: carewemust

May rest in peace,

After the "Nuclear Option" gift, old Harry certainly deserves it. I wonder if he will lie "in state" like Bob Dole did?

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   
i hear he was a boxer.

didn't he lose to a bow flex?

RIP.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join