It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Slammed for host using TOY PLANE throughout MH370 coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

CNN's commitment (obsession) to its coverage of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane has taken an interesting turn.

While reporting extensively on Flight 370, the Boeing 777 carrying 239 people that went missing early last Saturday, CNN introduced a new prop in order to really take its investigation to the next level.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the end. CNN continued to use the same toy plane during its coverage on Saturday, testing out different disappearance theories by pointing to different parts of the toy.

Hmm.. i don't remember any TOY PLANES nor TOY TWIN TOWERS during any part of WTC disaster coverage. I mean, would newscasters even dare to go on TV with a hands on demo of toy planes in their hands flying into lego-block buildings?!

Especially pointing to parts of the plane as if the audience are 10yr olds - are we that dumbed down already? sheesh.

Aside from the sensitivity and professionalism issue (lack thereof), I don't see any problem whatsoever resorting to the toy plane as the hands-on focal point of the discussion (rather than a computer graphic simulation of what the hosts trying to enact, gosh, perish the thought!)

edit on 26-3-2014 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.

America looks stupider every year that passes.

Maybe it was because the plane was white?

edit on 26-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

kathat

America looks stupider every year that passes.

Maybe it was because the plane was white?

edit on 26-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

If it was a black plane would anybody be looking for it?
Anyway, whats so wrong about a toy plane? People have to much time on their hands

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
CNN decided to use a toy prop to explain theories and this in itself becomes news worthy...

Must be a slow day

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I believe I recall seeing something like this in the Airplane! movies. Back then, the stereotypes of newscasters were ridiculously absurd. Buffoonish.

I suppose that means CNN has become what we all once laughed at as sincere comedy.

Actually, I suppose the comedy bit isn't entirely out of place as a description at times, even when the topic couldn't be further from appropriate to that sort of handling.

One of these days, maybe we'll actually see one pull up a "Magic Mirror" prop to imitate the show many of them are the right age to have grown up with, and probably belong better hosting a modern version of.

Anyone recall that special place? It ranks the same level.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

SLAYER69
CNN decided to use a toy prop to explain theories and this in itself becomes news worthy...

Must be a slow day

Agreed. I do not know what is worse using a toy plane or writing a story about them using a toy plane. This thing has been a big ratings boost for CNN which is where people go for Breaking News stories. Fox and MSNBC do not see the big ratings jumps for these things because they are thought of as political channels in popular culrure. CNN? This is all they have. They are going to milk every drop they can out of it.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I also do recall toy planes being used in any other flight crashes, nor any of the school massacres that were so prominent recently in the media.

Rather morbid/tasteless of mainstream media given all the technology available to newscasters these days.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Obiously the plane is a fake. It should be at least 8 times that size.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I dont see an issue, they did that with alot of major news stories, like the moon launch, the shuttle launches, the Challenger accident, whats the issue?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

kathat

Lol nice...

They spend millions to update their broadcast ability and in the end they use a toy plane.

I wish the media would put this much effort into factually reporting the news...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Now, if the entire newscrew of CNN would get on a real plane, and go for a real ride, over the real ocean, just to see what happened, that'd be NEWS!

My best laugh of the day was this:

Daily Show clip

top topics

join