It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO.. Do Something!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

kathat

TritonTaranis

mysterioustranger
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Ok....but all the violators youre mentioning are in the areas of the Pacific, Mediteranean, Black, Arabian, China etc...seas and oceans basically.

So why again should the NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORG get involved when its not...frankly...in their encompassing areas???

Just the opposite. They should stay out of it.

I agree but the problem is..

Evil prevails when good men fail to act

NATO has the power to stop it

But they won't, for the simple reason that the worlds safety will be put at risk

The worlds safety put at risk hahahaha, the world safety was put at risk the minute nato started it's expansion eastward to the point were at the Ukraine red line now. The world's safety was put at risk the minute US started putting bases in other countries.

Now we cant get rid of you buggers.

If you think we are your allies, you're very mistaken.

When shat hits the fan, we're taking your bases and missiles in them. Nukes n all and you're OUT and if a yank gets in the way, we just out number em and hang em.

edit on 26-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

Firstly we need to clear up where you are from

Secondly I am not American

Third, it is the EU not the US

Fourth, that's up to the Ukrainian people, the majority have spoken

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

kathat

TritonTaranis

mysterioustranger

Ok....but all the violators youre mentioning are in the areas of the Pacific, Mediteranean, Black, Arabian, China etc...seas and oceans basically.

So why again should the NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORG get involved when its not...frankly...in their encompassing areas???

But they won't, for the simple reason that the worlds safety will be put at risk

The worlds safety put at risk hahahaha, the world safety was put at risk the minute nato started it's expansion eastward to the point were at the Ukraine red line now. The world's safety was put at risk the minute US started putting bases in other countries.

When shat hits the fan, we're taking your bases and missiles in them. Nukes n all and you're OUT and if a yank gets in the way, we just out number em and hang em.

Last I checked Ukraine is not in the EU and won't be for a long long while, in fact Turkey may have something to say about it since they have been waiting for decades to join.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

kathat

TritonTaranis

kathat

TritonTaranis

mysterioustranger

Last I checked Ukraine is not in the EU and won't be for a long long while, in fact Turkey may have something to say about it since they have been waiting for decades to join.

No Ukraine is not in the EU

That's what this big fuss is over, Russia refusing to excepts Ukraine's wishes to have closer ties to the EU, and Russia treating her like a slave

But I don't ever remember in any thread saying that Ukraine was in the EU, perhaps you misread?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
We saw a small portion of NATO in Afghanistan.

Just how long was Russia in Afghanistan? 7 or 8 years fighting.

The US and NATO broke the Taliban's back in what 3 to 4 weeks.

Or was that just the USA all by it's self.
edit on 26-3-2014 by grayghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grayghost

They've sure kept fighting hard for people with a broken back.

We threw them out of office and official Government positions within Afghanistan (which the guys at the time were ordered NOT to do, by the way.. Kabul was supposed to be left to Spring, oddly enough) but the segment that formed that Taliban "government" was fighting clear back to the 70's and are still fighting today.

It's we who cannot seem to get a Status of Forces agreement beyond 2014 (no complaints from me) and the Taliban who Karzai is looking to have tea with and talk future realities.

Who broke who? It's not our military they broke. It's the political will behind it...and that's worth more to an enemy than 100 battlefield victories. Political will ends the war in their favor.
This makes 2.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

They've sure kept fighting hard for people with a broken back.

We threw them out of office and official Government positions within Afghanistan (which the guys at the time were ordered NOT to do, by the way.. Kabul was supposed to be left to Spring, oddly enough) but the segment that formed that Taliban "government" was fighting clear back to the 70's and are still fighting today.

It's we who cannot seem to get a Status of Forces agreement beyond 2014 (no complaints from me) and the Taliban who Karzai is looking to have tea with and talk future realities.

Who broke who? It's not our military they broke. It's the political will behind it...and that's worth more to an enemy than 100 battlefield victories. Political will ends the war in their favor.
This makes 2.

Thanks you have just added support to my thinking. With all the stipulation and rules they still got the job done. If you think Russia went by any rules your kidding yourself. 4 weeks compared to 8 years you do see the point right. If you don't that's cool you have your on views. I will stick to the truth

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

AzureSky
So i guess those right sector guys are now going down the streets and picking up russians.
and robbing them
and holding knives to their throats.

Just for being russian and wearing pro russian things. Does that sound familiar at all? (it should)

Why doesn't nato do anything about this? Because russia seems to be doing something about it, or trying.

Running through the translations.. not a lot of nice things being said about those guys (in russian). I would personally already be out on the streets with a bat in a similar situation, breaking these guys skulls in.
edit on 26/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/3/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

I don't believe this video or anything you said.
why?
well, because Obama said in his latest speech that THERE IS NO EVIDENCE that "Russian speakers" in Ukraine are threatened in any way...
so, thank you for your contribution but I choose to believe the Great Leader of Western Association Obama.
he wouldn't be lying, wouldn't he?

edit on 26-3-2014 by demus because: arrangeing disconnections

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

What truth are you talking about, precisely? I don't know if we share interpretations of events in the same way or not?

Following the events of 9/11 a team from Central Intelligence was inserted with elements of the Army Green Berets to give leadership and liason to the Northern Alliance forces.

Through leadership of those forces, and working with those who weren't directly aside our own people, the Northern Alliance stomped and cleared their nation. Finally.

That CIA team trapped ..or would have trapped..Usama Bin Laden at Torra Borra in the cavern/cave complexes that still existed at that time.

We know all this because the team leader of the CIA element wrote a very engaging book about the whole experience. The tale ended with their official request for a U.S. Marine blocking force to drop alone the Paki border and at the backs of the A.Q. fighters. Had that happened, nothing about the blitz up to that point suggested we wouldn't have bagged the sorry loser within a short time.

Their request was summarily denied, they were thanked for their service and told to Stand Down. Bin Laden hit the wind and vanished into the ether of Pakistan and the Marines landed in Kandahar for the initial waves of a full invasion that was never needed, never required, and never justified on any level. We'd WON.......but were ordered to lose.

That truth?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

What would you like NATO to do?

Everyone loves NATO When they don't act against AMERICAN AGGRESSION. ie IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, LIBYA, PAKISTAN...

But WOAHHHH.. everyone's got an opinion for NATO when OTHER countries push the envelope just a little bit and the USA doesn't approve.

If you were running NATO, which would you choose?

START WW3 to shut lil Kim up?
START WW3 so the west can take over another Arab nation in Syria?
START WW3 because Crimea wanted to become Russian?
START WW3 because South Africans are as war crazy as Americans?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes you are correct.
Our hands were tied and i do not really look at this as a win.
But what i am saying is this.If The US and NATO took the gloves off
and brought it's entire military force to bare it would be bad news.
But you need to factor in nukes.That would be the only thing that
could stop them.And if you look at it the only thing Russia,China or
any other nation has to stop them is nukes,And by that i mean NATO and the US.
I do not want war but if it happens we need to make damn sure we win at all cost.
If we do lose the whole world will be under true dictators,That being Russia and China.
And that boys and girls would be bad.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
In all fairness, the US and NATO military power is the predominant military power on this planet today.

So I assume they are doing what they think is necessary.

However their actions may not be visible to you; or their assessment of the situation may differ from yours.

We people often jump at the news. News is often imperfect.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

GargIndia
In all fairness, the US and NATO military power is the predominant military power on this planet today.

So I assume they are doing what they think is necessary.

However their actions may not be visible to you; or their assessment of the situation may differ from yours.

We people often jump at the news. News is often imperfect.

I agree: we don't see the whole picture.
in my opinion, NATO/US are very slow with their reactions in last 2 months, they are late and surprised by every move Putin has made.
Not that they are not capable but at this point I think it's the lack of political leadership and confusion among some NATO members because of their dependance on Russian deals.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I agree OP NATO needs to grow a set and get off the pot. Weakness will lead to all out war as 2nd rate powers around the world try and become bigger powers. The weaker we are the harder they will push.

If I lived in Poland I would be very nervous they should change the gun laws and arm every single person and form militias. Poland has ever reason to be looking east because looking west all they see is weakness and apathy.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

So I assume you are joining NATO's armed forces? It is awful easy to call for NATO to get involved when you are and will continue to be sitting behind the safety of your computer screen.

So much big talk about what "We" should do when the truth of it all is that it only sounds like a good idea when "You" don't have to be shot at.

There must be way to many shows on TV showing how easy it is to survive in the absence of all that we are used to. I will bet you that 90% of the warhawks on ATS would not know how to feed themselves if 7-11 shut down or Mountain Dew stopped shipping sugar water.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, the first half of the century wasnt a good place to be an caucasian in Europe, or to be anywhere near Europe period. Wed like to keep it war free.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

CALGARIAN
(I am going to get a lot of flack for this, but I'm perpared)

NATO.. DO SOMETHING!!

North Korea is now firing medium range missiles in defiance of UN resolution, Syria once again used deadly gas this week , Russia took over Crimea in the face of international law and IMO soon over to Kiev, Iran on the verge of nuclear breakthroughs once again in defiance of UN, tribes in Southern Africa are causing mass genocide over the years. Military might doesn't mean anything in the 21st century.

We fought the world 50 years ago and with help of Russia we won, now we have an obligation to the free world.

At the cost of young lives you may ask? Well, what this chaos may lead to something MUCH worse.
edit on Wed Mar 26 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

LOL thanks for laugh

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

SubTruth

I agree OP NATO needs to grow a set and get off the pot. Weakness will lead to all out war as 2nd rate powers around the world try and become bigger powers. The weaker we are the harder they will push.

If I lived in Poland I would be very nervous they should change the gun laws and arm every single person and form militias. Poland has ever reason to be looking east because looking west all they see is weakness and apathy.

Can OP and you tell us exactly what you want NATO to do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join