It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women the true spiritual leaders?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Women in general probably don't find it so easy to meditate cos they're the ones usually listening out for changes in the kids noise levels. Whether it's babies breathing rhythms or toddlers sudden quiet spells.

Id guess that there's an element of natural selection at play. The mums that didn't pay attention probably didn't successfully pass on their genes.

I could be wrong of course...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

Are women the true spiritual leaders? The Urantia Book says they are.

Urantia is just One of thousands of books on Spirituality. If we are going to have a discourse on this topic, then toss out bias and include what all the other books are saying

Is it possible that we’ve got it horribly wrong by having men determine the beliefs, structures and ways of our religions and spiritual systems. Should we instead be looking to women for our spiritual survival. What do you reckon?

Both genders have different vices & virtues.

Men, as leaders, can too easily fall to lust & attraction because of testostrone/hormonal influence. Sometimes to aggressive
Women, as leaders, can too easily fall to emotions lows/highs due to their own hormonal cycles. Sometimes too passive

However, I do agree that women have a sensitivity, passivity, and its easier for them to feel and to surrender to the divine and to the Spiritual Path in general. But they are to just as many traps as men are subject to.

The true Spiritual Leader is Enlightened, detached from inner/outer influences, and comes from/speaks from Source, Divine intuition, Love, whether they be male or female

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

zuimon

Then why on Earth read a book that discredits itself that way?

Humans are comprised by male and female persons. Both are human, however there is a duality in the very nature of the way we are made. Even internally, we hve male and female aspects. As above, so below. Our planet has male and female aspects, right up the ladder of scale and existance.

"Spiritual leaders" is a dumb term. Only followers need leaders. Others just lead themselves.

Woman are just another aspect of humanity. Nothing more, nothing less. Same as men. The dual aspect of our species, and just about every other species on the planet.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

look at all the new age stuff going on its woman at helm and the whole thing is chaos.

Look at all the bronze age stuff going on, it's men at the helm, and the human race is about to self-destruct.

Do you really not get it?
The current system is unsustainable, as much as you blokes want it to be. It will eventually come crashing down.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Yeah and your at the steer wheel and have control of the accelerator and brake all items given to you care of the bronze age man. When are you going to learn to drive sensibly or stay off the spiritual highway?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

What? I have control over my life, my decisions, and that's it.

You don't like my driving? What are you talking about?? Women keep the peace, the home, and raise the kids. Men are the conquerors/hunters - since caveman days. Women help keep things balanced, help men understand themselves, and are tuned in to others more than men are. Plus, we have babies. Ha.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Before Men discovered they can rule weaker people through their male dominated religions we all had gods which were women.
My own personal god happens to be a woman because she gave birth to the universe.
Here is a good documentory about women in the religious past.

I always wondered why a woman would follow a religion like Christianity or Islam when it is a tool for men to control their women.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Women keep the peace, the home, and raise the kids. Men are the conquerors/hunters - since caveman days. Women help keep things balanced, help men understand themselves, and are tuned in to others more than men are. Plus, we have babies. Ha.

Now your starting to make sense Missy. Yes woman should stay at home where they belong, keeping the house tidy, making food and raising babies, and leave the caveman hunter duties to the men. A stake though Feminism.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by zuimon

The gnostic texts show that mary actually should have been the leader of the church, but the men wouldn't have it...

She was his closest follower according to these texts...

Well we must understand that the Gnostic were to a large degree all about saving the pagan ideas of the "divine feminine" from challenges. Hecate, Demeter ect. The overwhelming emphasis of sexual power and allure are prevalent in these. The "consort" and even "savior" of man. We see it today with the Mary flap.....consort to Jesus.....ect, ect. This is just old school stuff, infusion of the ancient divine feminine into the mix.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

and leave the caveman hunter duties to the men. A stake though Feminism.

Hmm.

Seems to be that without women to keep men balanced and marginally domesticated, it would just be war and pissing contests all the time. There is enough for everyone, and women are more likely to share so that all are looked after.

I'm going to repost a page of information from a link TheAbsoluteTruth posted on page 1:

hiddentalents.org...

Men vs Women Differences, and Feminine Intuition

A --- HOW men's and women's brains are different

Evidence from neuropsychology, especially clinical evidence of what happens to people after strokes and brain injuries, gives fairly logical explantions about natural differences between talents of men and women.

It's meant to be a team effort. The word helpmeet is considered archaic now, but that's what it is...

Cave-MEN evolved their animal right-brain talents, such a visual spatial, into advanced abilities in hunting, fighting, design, inventing, using tools and operating equipment.
The left brain language tends to be less developed, ranging from grunts and shrugs to dyslexia.

cave-MEN developed specialized traits over millions of years that were perfect for hunters, and which ancient CAVE-WOMEN probably took for granted.

MODERN-WOMEN, often don't appreciate the following special features of hunters that are still so important for the self-respect of many men. To criticize these traits is to criticize a husband's natural instincts and "manhood"

Limited language skills.
Risk-taking.
Tribalism.
War.
Bragging.
Non-sympathetic toward weakness.
Works hard to make lot of money

Modern men who act differently, more like a cave-woman with feminine traits, would not have survived well in a cave-man world.
Cave-WOMEN evolved brains (and bodies) for talking and nurturing in a family
Nurturing instinct.
Body talents.
Management talents.
Language talents.
(edited for brevity - please see the link, there's interesting info on the page based on neuroscience).

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

zuimon

Is it possible that we’ve got it horribly wrong by having men determine the beliefs, structures and ways of our religions and spiritual systems.

Should we instead be looking to women for our spiritual survival. What do you reckon?

And do you think there is a conspiracy at work here? How is it that men have dominated our spiritual and religious lives for so long? What has happened to keep woman's truth so suppressed? And if women were able to express themselves freely - what would that spiritual or religious system look like?

And as a bit of fun for you girls (and guys): If you were suddenly told you are the spiritual leader of humanity, it’s all up to you to ‘save us’, how would you go about it? What would be the first thing you’d do?

My belief is that we 'all' should step up spiritually and morally for the betterment of humanity and throw out the patriarchial dominance that has limited and confined men and women to gender roles that prevent us from achieving this transition...we have such a long way to go, so pick the right target; existing societal system set-ups and programming.

edit on 28-3-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

So how is life up there in the spiritual fantasy land you are selling to everyone? Are you a Gaia, there seems to be many of them that has sprouted from the 2012 new age movement. The only problem however is that its 2014 and the new age of enlightenment didn't happen as promised. So what angle are you onto now? tell us all your amongst friends.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

This is just old school stuff, infusion of the ancient divine feminine into the mix.

As it should be.

Do you see a problem with it?
Women do have a lot of power - we've just been told to shut up so often in modern times that we and men both forget how precious and necessary we are.

I've been wondering if the tribalism and warfare of modern man is due to a natural process (that is, an innate vulnerability - like susceptibility to disease and injury) to keep the population down.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

So what angle are you onto now? tell us all your amongst friends.

It has nothing to do with a "2012 trend".
I've been this way since I was little - and now I've raised two kids of my own, who survived and are out there - walking around with my heart forevermore.

There's nothing wrong with appreciation of the feminine. Misogyny is a misguided envy, and there's no need for it.
I've always known that Earth is our Mother - our Home - it brought forth and sustains us.

Why are you so hostile toward revering the feminine and the Earth? What happened to you? (You're among friends, you can tell us).

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by zuimon

It's all about lessening the ego when reaching for enlightenment and recognising true source, the greater power, the absolute truth etc.

Women need bitchy removed from the equation.

Men need machismo removed from the equation.

Humanity needs to learn real spirituality and it's place in the Universe.

Well female bitchiness, while a great burden to mankind, is not necessarily synonymous with the male machismo thing......as it translates into the "new age". What I see is an attack on the male essence, the promotion of the better feminine graces at the expense of the male essence that is being simply lumped into the negative male machismo category. Certainly for many the better nature of a man is the feminized sort but they will settle for man "under thumb" if they cant get the type.

If humanity needs both the male and female aspect to survive, then in the case of men its going to have to be the real male essence not the current definitions of what a man is. We must understand that it is the male essences that is being attacked these days, subtly and in the open under the guise of rooting out the negative "machismo".

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Why are you so hostile toward revering the feminine and the Earth? What happened to you? (You're among friends, you can tell us).

I went up to the femine divine, the mother earth Goddess call her what you want and found she was not was she says she is, she was opportunist our for fame and profit. Im not angry about that as what did I expect from a mortal, after all that's what she is. The spiritual doesn't exist as it belongs only to Gods and man or woman are not that.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I went up to the femine divine, the mother earth Goddess call her what you want and found she was not was she says she is, she was opportunist our for fame and profit.

Well, that's as clear as mud...LOL
who did you go up to?? Are you talking about at some street festival or Gaia camp or something?

I could point out that men in clergy or preacher positions are the ones who are looking for fame and profit - obviously.
Paul/Saul of Tarsus in particular was one ambitious politician, truth be told. (EDIT: I make exception for Pope Francis - he seems to be the real deal. I like him a lot, he gives me hope and renews my faith in humanity.) (Humanity, not "God.")

Woman or man, girl or boy, we each represent the "Divine" in a unique way. When fame and profit become the carrots on the sticks, then things go all to hell.

edit on 3/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by Logarock

This is just old school stuff, infusion of the ancient divine feminine into the mix.

As it should be.

Do you see a problem with it?
Women do have a lot of power - we've just been told to shut up so often in modern times that we and men both forget how precious and necessary we are.

A problem with the old school "divine feminine"? Well first I wouldn't equate a problem with the "divine feminine" as a forgetfulness of how precious and necessary they are. However I do find it as obnoxious as the male counterpart of the classic male ego gone mad.

You do know that the first "war god" was a "goddess"? Most of the old cultures had a female "hell bringer" sort of deity. And personally I don't think much of the "consort" type of divine attribute....consort as sexual comforter, prostitute, lover. It just the same coin of the man stud, fertilizer, ect. All of this is just the overblown fixation on certain male and female attributes morphed into some superhuman divine qualities for the masses to chew on.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Women in general probably don't find it so easy to meditate cos they're the ones usually listening out for changes in the kids noise levels. Whether it's babies breathing rhythms or toddlers sudden quiet spells.

For mothers of young kids, this is largely true. The sleep deprivation and demand of focus for babies and toddlers is pretty intense.
Nevertheless, those of us who have the luxury of calling in a "temp" (like grandmother for a few hours - I'm not talking about full-time daycare so mom can go to a high-power corporate job for fame and profit) learn how to tune out the noise and activity pretty well. We can meditate then. Just have to make sure someone's got the kids.

And that only lasts for a few years, anyway.

But here's my thing: a woman can be a great mother, OR a great employee. Can't do both, really. It's hard enough to keep the plates of home, husband, children, and friends/family all spinning at once. Trying to add to that a full-time job is going to mean the parenting suffers, no matter how great the 'daycare' is supposed to be.

I've told many frustrated, exhausted women that....
"you can have it all!" is a lie. Choose one or the other, because you can only be terrific at ONE of them.
Truth. Being spread too thin is a huge trap for women.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well, that's as clear as mud...LOL

Your not a politician you a woman with great views. Hence I attached this music sound trak for you to play as you speak your greatness.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join