It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List your personal mysticial, or paranormal experiences here!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by krystl

I experienced something similar.

I had fallen asleep in the recliner watching t.v. I felt like I had woken up and thought that I needed to get up and go to bed. So I walked through the living room, kitchen, hall, and into my room. When I walked in, I noticed I heard the t.v. playing. It sounded like it was coming from my chest of drawers. I was wondering how a t.v. got up there because there hadn't been one there before. I go over to turn it off, and I realize I have my eyes closed, and I hear a soft snore... (it was me.)

I was trying to open my eyes so I could see how to turn off the t.v., but I was having a hard time getting them open. I kept hearing the t.v. and the snoring, and it was then that I realized I was still in the recliner, but I was here in my room at the same time.
I kept trying to open my eyes in the recliner. It was very hard, like I had to force them open.
I was confused at first, but as I woke up, I realized I must have had an OBE.

Another member who is very intelligent about these things said it is called bi-locating. A part of your spirit is in two places at once, and you can recall what happened at each place.
You can read up on bi-locating, if you would like to learn more.

As a new member, I'm sure you don't understand that "the wall of text" posts aren't very welcome here, and most people won't bother to read them because it's hard on the eyes.
Try to put some spaces between your text every so often to make it easier to read. Just a tip I, and everyone else, had to learn when we first became a member.

edit on 4/8/2014 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
nvrmind
edit on -0500k97pm2014-04-08T16:44:26-05:00201404 by Okzacom because: wrong forum

edit on -0500k97pm2014-04-08T16:44:39-05:00201404 by Okzacom because: *post

But I'll tell one anyway xD

I was with my sister playing meow (Hide and seek in the dark, when you find the person, he needs to meow, and the seeker needs to guess who is) the she saw a dark-shadowy thing at the corner of our bedroom, then she thought was I, she ran to touch in "me", in the same time she started to scream and cry (I was at the bathroom) and I turned on the lights and she was madly screaming and we are alone. We nevermore played Meow xD
edit on -0500k97pm2014-04-08T16:49:45-05:00201404 by Okzacom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by krystl

Wow that's pretty detailed - my swirly thingy (lol) was nothing like that. Just a spinning vortex of light for instant and then GASP opened eyes wondering WTF it was. I like the dream symbols you describe though - those are always neat. I also had a lioness dream (years ago as well - 2008) that I remember pretty clearly - I called her Sheba and walked outside with her in a yard covered with snakes. She walked me around to the side of this house where there was what looked like a tunnel (think mine shaft) that just went on forever into the darkness. I looked down at her and she looked up at me and I said "not yet" - and woke up lol.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 8-4-2014 by Floydshayvious because: boop

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Floydshayvious

This remembered me about the Norway Sky Swirl... I have VERY disturbing dreams too. One I dreamt that i was at the middle of a very dark room, every wall with a door, and every door emanated a bright light, but these light don't lit the room (idk if is lit, but the bedroom was always dark sorry for the typos again.) and I could see a very tall man shadow running around me 1, 2 or 3 times he ran around me, then i saw two short shadows coming at me, then they said: "Don't follow the tall man, he's a bad person!"
I have dreams were people chase me, kill everyone... I had some years ago dreams about people killing me, and isn't funny xP.
Other dream I had: I was being chased by the man *points the first dream ^ * I was running away and he always was near me, then i hide under a window thing (the best hiding spot lol) and he comes throught the window and say: "I found you again!".
The first time I had these bad dreams I was 6 and I have them until today.
Sorry again for the typos.
If you have more dreams experience, please tell us! =D
edit on -0500k97pm2014-04-08T17:25:19-05:00201404 by Okzacom because: (no reason given)

edit on -0500k97pm2014-04-08T17:29:58-05:00201404 by Okzacom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I lived by myself in the woods around the northern Rockies for around 3 years, to test my self-sufficiency. Being nearly hypothermic for a substantial amount of time, with lack of sleep and food, my body was under constant stress. It played with my mind and senses—every winter night was a mystical experience; every winter morning let me know that I made it through them.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
In early August of 1993 I had been discharged from the Army and was driving home from California to Michigan. I was on I-40 about an hour west of Tucumcari and it was about 2:30 in the morning. I saw a small indian-looking woman dressed up in indian style clothes standing on the shoulder looking right at me. She didn't move or anything, she was just looking right at me and kept eye contact with me as I drove by...at the time I didn't think there was anything weird about that.

About 5 miles down the road the same thing happened and I thought "wow, that's weird, that woman looks just like the other one" and I also at this time started to get a sense that stopping would be an extremely bad idea.

Ten miles later the same thing happens and this time I get this overwhelming feeling that I need to put the hammer down and get out of dodge, this time as soon as I thought that the woman on the side of the road threw something at my car, a rock or something, and cracked my windshield pretty good.

I floored it and got the heck out of there, didn't see anything else that morning, got home and forgot about it.

About 15 years later I was listening to Coast to Coast AM and a truck driver told the same story, the same thing happened to him on the same stretch of road, same time of night. I don't know if it was supernatural or just some indian women playing with travelers but right after it happened to me I realized that the woman/women were looking right at me and not squinting even though my headlights were on them.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

ntech
First off I heard a ding in my ears. Like a hearing test tone. Then my vision blanked out

[...]

Then it was over. Leaving me with a strange headache for the rest of the day.

First let me tell you that I greatly enjoyed your story and that what I'm about to say is in no way to diminish it's importance to you.

Regarding that "ding", the blanking out and the headaches, I experienced it too. Like I said in my own story, it's very hard to tell in such experience what is truly supernatural and what is spiritual emergency/psychotic break (please don't be offended by these terms, there's nothing offensive to it and I think it's crucial to always remain critical so we don't delude ourselves.

What I'm about to say you probably won't like it but whatever. That sound, the blackout and the headaches are all signs of a psychotic break. Furthermore the rest of your story lead to this too with the obsession about prophecies and "unlocking" them.

It doesn't mean that your experience has no meaning neither that it wasn't divinely inspired (who knows?)

Just know that that specific part was definitely a psychotic break. I know it I experienced the same and studied the subject in detail afterward. You have no idea how common it is that mystical experiences and psychotic breaks to be tied. Again, doesn't make your experience worthless but I wanted you to know that there IS a logical explanation to that specific part.

As for the rest, it's up to you to decide. Personally I experienced other thing that couldn't be explained, but that buzzing in the head, the black out and the inner journey, it's common and can be explained or at least understood.

HTH.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Aphorism
my body was under constant stress. It played with my mind and senses

This.

It seems that many people forget the number one cause of these experiences: mental or physical stress. Doesn't make them less interesting but considering them without critical thinking is no different than saying that what you see when using psychedelics is all real.

I think the most interesting things in these mystical experience isn't the message (because it's almost always a projection of your own psyche. You think about end times all the time, you will see them, you think about aliens all the time, you'll se one, etc...).

The most interesting things are:

- The context : When did it happen? What caused it? Why? (could it be because of a traumatic event? an unhealthy habit? an obsession? a genuine meditation?)
- The result : How did the experience change you? Good mystical experience are always life-changing and will improve your quality of life.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I was with my family, as all the weekends, at the "forest" house, we all liked to go there because was a beautiful place, with many trees, a little river, and the house was in the middle of the trees. The hut is tiny, with 2 bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and bathroom. The nearest neighbor was at a 30 minutes driving from the hut. Was night, nothing but darkness around the house. I and my cousins were playing Monopoly at the living room, while my parents and my aut was watching TV, when we heard the first thunder, and we looked outside, the storm was coming. Then all the house energy shut. It was common missing light in the house, and it wasn't strange when the lights went out.
Was 21:00 hrs and was completely dark outside, the black clouds covered the entire sky and we could only see the lights of rays between the trees that surrounded the house and our candles, attempting to despite the darkness. All were silent listening to the bangs that surrounded us. No one there wanted to show fear of thunder but everything got worse when we heard a strange noise coming from the forest. Did not take long to realize that was female screams. We quickly ran to the window to see where the screams came. Was becoming louder and closer. With the sure that was someone was screaming, my father opened the door quickly and left with a flashlight. Wasn't raining yet, we all watched the flashlight of my father walking among the trees. He stoped and asked if someone was there but there was only the loud cries.Suddenly, the woman's screams stoped and a we've heard another noise coming from the forest, I held mine breath and tryied to see what could have happened.The 2 sound was my dad screaming. I saw he running back to the hut. He opened the door and closed it locking it at the same time. My dad was with an expression of fear that made ​​me feel very, very scared. I did dozens of questions but he did not answer, just ran to check if all windows were closed and the doors locked. He said to shut all the blinds and stay in the room all together. We was around a table in the living room. Suddenly the screams (started again, it stoped when my dead screamed) and this time seemed to be nearer, my father walked worried around the table with the cell phone in hand trying to call someone, but the house was in the middle of nothing, the phone haven't signal. Then he said we would have to leave, told to board the car and go out of there as fast as possible. My father said to us: "I will open the door and we will RUN to the car" everyone in the door, the sreams started AGAIN. Stronger than ever, but this time he had been outside the door. Somehow the thing opened the windows and what happened next I can not explain very well. Everything was dark and I could see two or three scenes because was VERY dark. I saw my dad putting his hand on the window to close it, I saw my mother with a lighter in his hand trying to light the candles and saw something that I saw a silhouette of what appeared to be a person on the other side of the window looking inside. I can not tell if it was really a woman, but she had no hair and seemed to have no eyes, just holes, no mouth and no nose. After closed the windows, my dad tryied to find the lantern (sorry to say dad, but WHY DO YOU LOSED THIS FKIN LANTERN, WHY???) and my mother managed to light the candles. I hugged everyone, crying, my father sat down and the screams continued to disturb us .
I was never very religious but note that I prayed with all the family begging for my life. We prayed loudly until the screams slowly stoped. I dont slept that night, and we waited some hours until the lights came back and my father checked the surroundings, then we ran to the car and we left.
Now we go to the church every weekend, but I still not very religious. But seryously, I NEVER will go to the woods again. NEVERNEVERNEVER. I've been in 3 psychologists, but don't helped thaaaat much. I still very afraind, I can't be alone. I'm just afraid... fuk... sorry for the swearing and the wrong words and phrases, I used the translator, and I'll try to correct if i find something wrong.

After this I thought to suicide a lot of times, because I just can't

edit on 9-4-2014 by Aeboro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Aeboro
Scary stuff

Have you discussed this with your parents again? To have their version of the story?

Sounds like a terrifying experience, I sympathize with your reaction.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatFarts

We can't talk about this... we're trying to delete this from our life, but if you really want, i can ask, maybe my mom. The only time I tried to talk with my dad, he beacame very angry and said: "everyone shut up now!" then he nevermore said anything about what happened
edit on 9-4-2014 by Aeboro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatFarts

Interesting reply but there is something I should mention. That story is only a part of what I experienced. Let me add one more part of the story.

After all that had happened to me it was now 11-2-2001. Approximately 11 in the morning. I was delivering a load to a cold storage warehouse in Waterloo Ia. I was sitting in the cab of the truck lightly dozing at the wheel. Then there was this annoying itch on my left leg. So I scratched. And my fingers came back BLOODY. So I looked. And there in my leg was a pattern of holes. So fresh they were still bleeding.

There was a 2 cut into my leg.

Now a couple of months later I got a hold of a digital camera. So out of curiosity I took a photograph of the mark. It didn't turn out well. Just a red blotch. But then I got the bright Idea of running it through the Photoshop program that came with the camera. And after playing around with the settings I got the picture that I am using for my avatar.

Some people have trips to the twilight zone. I came back with a souvenir.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by YoComrade

Ive odd things like that happen too.

How about this..

I have a recurring dream where i wake up in panick with a spider in front of my face. When i fully come to reality i am usually standing in a fight stance ready to go, covered in sweat.

Hi,
I used to have a very similar recurring dream in which a giant spider was watching me from the ceiling above my head. After a while it would come much closer as if it wanted to examine my face. In that instant I would freak out and wake up fighting the spider off and checking my bed for insects (because I thought insect in my bed would be a natural explanation to this dream). Apperently, dreams with spiders hanging above someone's face are not uncommon. I started having this dream when I was a child or a teenager and I haven't had one in maybe a couple of years (am 34 y.o.), seems I am "cured"

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OliGoesDown

Have you ever wondered what the dream was about?

I'm not really that afraid of spiders so i don't understand the dream, any ideas?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

onequestion

Have you ever wondered what the dream was about?

I'm not really that afraid of spiders so i don't understand the dream, any ideas?

This is the thing - I'm not afraid of spiders either, I feel and act neutral when I see most spiders and I hardly give spiders much thought, so I can't explain the dream and why I would have it from time to time. I'm thinking it must be somehow significant or symbolic though, because my other recurrent dream I used to have was.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The spider is a remarkable figure of feminine energy and creativity in the spirit animal kingdom. Spiders are characterized by the skilled weaving of intricate webs and patience in awaiting their prey. By affinity with the spider spirit animal, you may have qualities of high receptivity and creativity. Having the spider as a power animal or totem helps you tune into life’s ebbs and flows and ingeniously weave every step of your destiny.

I have a recurring dream where im under attack by a feminin figure and another dream where jesus is saving me.

I think the energies are battling right now but i dont really know what it is.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

onequestion
Hi, I'm interested in reading others experience with the mystical traditions, the paranormal, UFO's, and anything outside of the norm. I'll start by writing some of mine.

I have a recurring dream where a demon strangles me and attacks me. During this dream i get close to the point of death and in a panicked state i scream, "Jesus Christ" and the dream stops and i wake up. I am not a christian.

He is calling out to you. Listen to Him.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Every now and then, I see a black shadow in my bedroom, The shadow appears to be very tall and thin, almost like Slenderman

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeboro

Oh my god, your telling of this story has really scared me. My heart and body got so constricted and tense. Tell me if your mother talked to you about it since you asked.

Maybe write a book/short story, tell it to more people, get it out of your system instead of haunting you to suicidal thoughts.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
for some reason i can't make new threads, so i'll reply here.. i've been a constant lurker, had several usernamers and such.. but i created one for this. i was attacked in my sleep last night by something.

throughout my life i've had sleep paralysis, not too frequent, but some would be where weird lights were over me, one recent one was something on top of me on the bed trying to do something to me.. and others where i'm just aware i'm awake and can't move.. but this morning was something i've never experienced in my life

right now i had hand foot and mouth virus i'm in the midst of recovering from, haven't been this sick for about a year, don't know why. dots all over my hands and such.. i'm feeling better day by day a bit though.. but i'm having a weird dream, which i usually have, i always remember my dreams, weird and intense.

i sleep with my tv on, my two cats usually sleep in my room, when my tv goes idle it goes to a blue screen like a computer.. so i remember waking up around 230 am to go to the bathroom and i think it was blue by that time or maybe something was on, either way, i left the tv on and went back to bed..

i had a dream, but then it went to me being on a bed, a bed much similar to mine, but not slightly the same, the proportions of the room felt off to me. someone was laying next to me.. i noticed the tv was on the blue screen so i thought i was awake. this thing seemed female at first, but then tried to sexually assault me i think, it enveloped itself on me from the back like a wrestling move, it was on my back trying to hold my arms back. and i was trying so hard to yell and break its lock on me. i remember, it lasted like two minutes of me trying so hard, and i almost got it off me, then i'd just give up. and i'd say if you're gonna do this then let me just sleep and do what you will.. then i'd get angry again and fight, then i called out for the lord, not jesus specifically, but the lord i think.. and i don't know if it worked.. i don't think anything did, i just kept fighting and all the sudden i just wake up. and notice my cats were sleeping next to me, and the tv was on the blue screen like it was in the dream.. it was the scariest thing that's ever happened to me, this thing that was wrestling me trying to probe me or something. i kept thinking about all the experiences i've read and heard of similar to this and i don't know if that influenced it or what.. but whatever this thing was.. i don't get it, and i don't want it to happen again.. i used to believe in christ, i believe in an omnipotent god of love, not traditional in the sense of the bible.. but lately i've been struggling with drug addiction and such.. if anyone has had a similar experience i'd like to know what might help, thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join