It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate theory? It has to match everything else!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Morning ATS peeps,

When ever anyone has a vastly different theory then the " standard model" of any given field. The first thing you should ask is. Does there theory match everything else we observe?

This, to me is the MAIN disinformation tactic used against us.

Take Intellegent design for example. The ID false prophets ( and I find false prophets extremely accurate) will latch onto one unknown factor in evolution and hold that up as proof of Christianity. Not picking on Christians, but every ID person I've ever seen is Christian.

They completely ignore all the ramifications that applying there theory to the rest of the world would mean. If evolution wasn't correct gene theropy nor cloning would work. As far as I know scientists working on cloning don't have " pray to god to give my creation a soul in the recipe".

The same goes for all other alternate theories.....

If memory serves me correctly. Electric universe theory says there are no black holes. However we have watched black holes eat dust clouds and seen there gravity make stars spin around it at incredible speeds.

So whenever you come up with or hear an alternate theory. Be sure your trying to disprove it, not prove it. If you try and disprove some thing and can't. No matter how hard you try. That's when your on to something. Not when your theory explains one unknown mystery but ignores how it would apply to the rest of the universe.

Thanks fellas.... And ladies

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

ArtemisE

They completely ignore all the ramifications that applying there theory to the rest of the world would mean. If evolution wasn't correct gene theropy nor cloning would work. As far as I know scientists working on cloning don't have " pray to god to give my creation a soul in the recipe".

My Thoughts on this:

Gene therapy and cloning would be a way to show how we are created in our makers image, thus we have intelligence and have gained enough of the BASICS to COPY a design. I don't think science and spirituality need to be at ware with one another.
Why would the scientists have to pray to God to give their creation a soul (and what do you mean by soul?) As far as I know we haven't cloned a human being a laboratory and they are the only things that have a Soul, in the whole eternal life after death sense.
edit on 20-3-2014 by YoComrade because: spelling mistake in cloned

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Take Evolution for example. The Evolution false prophets ( and I find false prophets extremely accurate) will latch onto one unknown factor in Creation and hold that up as proof of Evolution. Not picking on Evolutionists, but every Evolutionist person I've ever seen is an Agnostic or Atheist.

They completely ignore all the ramifications that applying there theory to the rest of the world would mean. If Creation wasn't correct gene theropy nor cloning would work. As far as I know scientists working on cloning don't have " pray to Evolution to give my creation Life in the recipe".

How's that?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by YoComrade

Fair point. But I've never heard an ID proponent claim we were created in a lab... I agree completely on the idea we might have been seeded. However that's not the kind of intellegent designer ID people are putting forward.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

You mean an unknown factor like how you could have the earth be made after the stars and sun. Your right that's thin.....maybe the fact you could never fit 2 of every animal on one boat.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by dusty1

You mean an unknown factor like how you could have the earth be made after the stars and sun. Your right that's thin.....maybe the fact you could never fit 2 of every animal on one boat.

If it had been a regular sized boat, I'd agree, but it wasn't.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidWarrior

They put the dimensions of the ark in the bible. It's note end as big as an oil tanker

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I think its implied that the Lab would be in the mind of God, where he planned the beginning and the end of all things. 23 pairs of chromosomes are nothing compared to what else goes on in that research facility.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by YoComrade

Only implied in your head....no biblical scholar ever proposed that. That's what's known as reaching or trying to shove your round peg into real life's square hole.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I apologize for saying implied but i was trying to not spouting scriptures at you. Would you like me to provide scriptures that show how God is all knowing, and how his thoughts are not like ours?

I see from this thread and others that you like to argue and not discuss things, so i bid you

Good day sir.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One thing that drives me crazy is people seem to completely misunderstand the scientific process. You're not out to prove your hypothesis. You're out to disprove your hypothesis. Which means, yes, you see if it matches everything else. If you can't prove your hypothesis wrong, then it might be a theory. A theory is well-established because it hasn't been disproved... yet.

But a lot of folks jump right from idea to theory and skip the hypothesis part. Sure we have a lot of great ideas, but they're ideas. There was once this famous hypothesis that going directly across the ocean would lead you to the Orient. It didn't make it to theory level. It was disproved.

Mind you this has to be balanced with a certain level of respect and willingness to actually entertain the idea that may or my not be proven. A lot of other folks aren't willing to do that. And so when it comes to these things we just get nowhere, because one half of the canoe is paddling one way and the other is paddling in the opposite direction. Round and round in circles we go...

edit on 25-3-2014 by spearcarrier because: (no reason given)

top topics

join