It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Pages...94 flags... Asking For: Animal/Pets Forum on ATS.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So, youre admitting you didn't even SEE the mods responses to you? Since they did...it invalidates your thread here, rt?

Because they DID explain it to you, but either you failed to look...or it wasn't that important to you...or the answers they gave you....weren't good enough.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by jude11

I'm all for it. Just think ATS, you could sell add space to pet related companies. If you view a new Animal Forum as a venue for generating income...it sounds workable, doesn't it?

It's called kissing up Jude.

JMOHO...

Des

Good call Des. I didn't even think about how much revenue this idea could generate.

I would say that the majority of posters here own a pet. It just seems like an obvious thing to have an animals/pets forum. People that don't own a pet most likely enjoy seeing them or are interested in animals. I don't think I've ever met someone who hates all animals or pets.

I understand that ATS can't have a forum for everything like certain sites (and I think that's a good thing). I do think if it's an issue of forum numbers we could certainly stand to cut out automotive.

You want more members and site traffic then a pets/animals forum is sure to increase the volume. I bet there's a number of people that would love to share a picture of their cat or dog that haven't joined yet but frequent the site. Also willing to bet that there would be a higher number of member retention/visits/posts from the more casual browser. For those that feel a little intimidated having a forum that's pretty much all snuggles and rainbows would be a great place to get comfortable with posting, then branch out into other areas and tell me I'm a dummy.

I've seen it bandied about that ATS has a place for a ton of different interests. Well... What this is a pretty universal interest that the site has yet to adopt. It's almost embarrassing at this point. It's not conspiracy related, but it would be an ENORMOUS hit. At this point I think it's appropriate to hear a good reason why this hasn't been added. And don't say because then we have to add everything.

ETA a Super Moderator is not an Admin. Is hefficide even still here? Zaphod seemed to like the idea. And none of those were answers from anyone making the decision unless I've been misinformed about Saurons influence.
edit on 1720140320141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I love my babies........

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
We already have a great forum for animals.

It's called FOOD AND COOKING and it is filled with tasty recipes.

Yum!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I have always had a passion for animals and would love to see an animal/pet forum.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yes... people need a place to post photos of there cats!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Ginger kitty!

His name is Phishy...

I have 3 kittys

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I also did a thread asking for that. Keep pushing.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Not giving up tho.

wink

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey Jude11,

Thanks for your reply and reading through my dissertation, lol.

As a fellow animal lover, please call on me if needed to advance the cause. : )

Also, I wanted to provide another suggestion that is more broad than the specifics I proposed. Fever is obviously effecting my brainstorms, whether positive or negative.

Perhaps, even an umbrella nature/animal/pet would be a better pitch. That could include animal lovers, tree, mountain, plant, ocean lovers if you proceed on the angle.

Best wishes,
Watches

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I couldn't stop myself from posting this....

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

If we had an animal forum, imagine the fun we'd have posting our pet pics on holidays...

The ATS click meter would go over the top....

Des

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I checked out the original thread and saw the response by one moderator, albeit solely as an unofficial response as another member. Frankly, I don't understand the logistical issue. How hard can it be to set up another forum?

On the other hand, have you animal lovers done as was suggested, i.e. making a sub-thread by placing a "[Pets]" or "[Animules]" prefix to a thread on the subject of pets or animals in the General forum? An obvious problem with this is that not all members would be aware of this protocol.

I personally don't have a dog in this fight -- so to speak -- but it seems odd that what would likely be a very popular forum isn't being created. Maybe the site owners/runners think it would make ATS to Facebooky or something -- as if threads about animals and pets are any more silly than a lot of the threads here...

I also like @watchesFromwall's angle of making it a nature/animal/pets forum.

Guess you need more flags and a whole lot of thread with "[Pets]" or "[Animules]" prefix
edit on 18-3-2014 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have and love my animal compatriots, but this is a stupid idea. This place is already toying with jumping the shark, a pet sub forum for people to post stupid cat pictures would be the last nail in the coffin.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

darrellabbott
I have and love my animal compatriots, but this is a stupid idea. This place is alreast toying with jumping the shark, a pet sub forum for people to post stupid cat pictures would be the last nail in the coffin.

Yup.
We are already the facebook on the CT world, this and other such moves would completely ruin the site.
Then again there is probably space in the off topic section.
Who cares, make this forum.
Make a forum for knitting and recipe swaps and candy crush saga and maybe add some like buttons too.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

jude11
Ok.

So with that logic [one should eliminate]

Food and Cooking, Relationships, Jokes Puns & Pranks, Travel, Automotive Discussion, Music, Video Games, Comics, Television, General Entertainment, Movies, Fantasy & Science Fiction, Member Art, World Sports, U.S. Sports, Website

It would be logical to get rid of those you listed. Although with the new format change you can't get statistics separated out quite as well any more, the former "Below Top Secret" categories tend toward the bottom of the barrel when you count activity. Under the 80/20 rule where 80% of your traffic is in 20% of your forums and 20% of your traffic is in 80% of your forums, the BTS stuff doesn't even count.

Why is this important? Because just like companies, sites that do well are well-focused on their theme. They don't try to be everything for everyone. When companies are growing, they tend to acquire more companies as fast as they can assuming more revenue can be turned into more profit, but it's a fool's game. They become unfocused trying to master the intricacies of their varying lines to the point that they flounder. A mature company in it for the long haul focuses on what it does well. Sometimes it can be strange. 3M, for example, sells things that are flat: tape, post-it notes, disks, etc. When they expanded into software development, they nearly went bankrupt.

One of the things I have seen in the last 7 years I've been here is that ATS is in danger of losing its focus. There are a lot more people here, but the overall quality of discourse has gone down. The "signal to noise" ratio is larger. Management of the site has grown more difficult. The owners have tried simplifying it. Compared to 7 years ago the overall structure is MUCH different and simpler. I'm all for simplicity, but this was done as a response to growth and, IMO, has lost something in translation (fodder for another thread).

What I suspect has happened is that the first few requests for topics were implemented without management realizing they would eventually be asked for every single topic in the dictionary. It's gotten out of hand. Growth for growth's sake is not always good. I believe ATS ought to focus and excel on what it does well and not attempt to be all things to all people and, as a result, do everything in a mediocre manner. How much does Springer know about pets? Do you think management ought to have at least a passing interest in the subjects being discussed? Trying to add anything anyone thinks of has a diluting effect.

If you want to talk about pets, go to a pet site. Rather than add forums on a conspiracy/alternative site that have nothing to do with conspiracies, ATS should consider consolidating, removing its low-traffic forums, and returning to the subjects it was started for in the first place.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Not sure it's needed at A.T.S to be honest.

Also, if the pets/animal section was created, would it be full of vegetarians telling us meat is murder? There's nothing worse than a vegetarian on a high horse telling us ''our teeth are now designed for chewing leaves blah blah blah''

Lettuce was created by the Devil to torture our taste buds, that's a fact and if it isn't it should be.

Hail Ming.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I love my cats, but I don't feel there's a place for them at ATS. We all know how each other are. It would'nt be long before a harsh word was said about how fugly some one's cat is or how fat their dog is and then the hate speak would come out. It would evolve into a pissing match of "who's animals the cutest". You would have the dog people trying their best to overcome the cat people ( which can't be done) Cat people RULE. Dog people drool.

Then we would have the exotic pet owners and their snakes & lizards....slithering about the forums. All kidding a side, I love my cats, but I don't come into the boards to talk about my animals. Now if my fat Manx goes out and drives off in my truck, with one of my firearms and shoots up the town...that's ATS worthy.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I agree.

A Pet Forum would be great in the off topic section.

When I saw a ghost many years ago.... both of my cats reacted at the same time as I did and pity I couldn't jump like they do... I stayed in my bed freaking out and they had both jumped onto the highest wardrobe.

so, when I was told ghosts are not real and it is just a hallucination... I might have discounted what I experienced but how can I explain my cats reaction ???

maybe my cats were hallucinating as well?

lol

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yeah! Yeah!! I love my furry, scaley, feathered friends!!
WWAAAAAAY more interesting then most of the crap posted online.

Edit*
Looking through the forums we do have, I'm actually surprised we don't have an animal/pet page.
There's a forum for sports, *The US even get's it's own forum!* automobiles, comics, video games, TV, relationships, food & cooking, travel.... I see why this is in the rant category. lol
edit on 19-3-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join