It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we found a message from the dawn of time? 'Major discovery' set for Monday could give scienti

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Astronomers are expected to announce they have found 'primordial gravitational waves' - an echo of the big bang in which the universe came into existence 14bn years ago.

Described as 'like a message from the dawn of time', if confirmed it it would be a groundbreaking discovery that would change the face of physics and give scientists their first glimpse of how the universe was born.

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

As yet no one really knows what this discovery is.

Ha ve we found a message from the dawn of time? 'Major discovery' set for Monday could give scientists their first glimpse of the birth of the universe

I hope it turns out to be something and not just a routine find.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopy11

The use of "could" in this context brings out the skeptic in me. I suppose time will tell.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So should we be excited about what they are going to tell us they think it means ? Why didn't they just tell us instead of telling us that they are going to . Most things they release they tell us they had long suspected and are now releasing it . Any clues to what we might be expecting ? ..I really don't like these sort of announcements .It's worse then Putin saying he will respond until after the referendum ..much worse .

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
They will probably interpret what they find wrongly. Happens all the time. Conscensus of the time rules.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
maybe it's hover-craft skateboards?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I agree.

According to theory, the primordial gravitational waves will tell us about the first, moment of the universe’s history.
Cosmologists believe that 10-34 seconds after the big bang (a decimal point followed by 33 zeros and a one) the universe was driven to expand hugely.
Known as inflation, the theory is used to explain why the universe is uniform from place to place.
However, astronomers have never been able to explain how it happened.
Experts say convincing evidence of their discovery would almost certainly lead to a Nobel prize.

I hear this epoch is impossible to know for sure, since it obeys Uncertainty principle (the Planck limit). Gravitons move at the same speed than light - if the Uncertainty Principle applies for light we see from the past, it'll also apply to gravitational waves we see from the past. I'm not sure how it resolves "everything". I also notice how eager they are trying to get the Nobel prize... I question their motivation: Science, or Approbation?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
same old stunts; (sensational headline) "nasa finds life in space"
...turns out they dropped a contaminated experiment from miles up

this really speaks volumes..

Astronomers are expected to announce they have found 'primordial gravitational waves' - an echo of the big bang in which the universe came into existence 14bn years ago. Described as 'like a message from the dawn of time', if confirmed it it would be a groundbreaking discovery that would change the face of physics and give scientists their first glimpse of how the universe was born. www.cfa.harvard.edu... As yet no one really knows what this discovery is.

dailymail.uk (source)
"astronomers"
big bang
14 billion year old universe
"a message from the dawn of time"
groundbreaking discovery
change the face of physics
how the universe was born
harvard.edu

..maybe i'm just jaded? but what do all those things have in common with eachother?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Primordial grravitational waves...
At this stage of things,it would not surprise me if scientists declared these waves erupted from the bottom of an alien in another dimension,which accidentley created our big bang.
But where from was the spark to ignite the fart of our universe?
Who lit the spark?

[+++warning ATS user Silcone.S has stepped out of the box+++disregard all of the above+++trance like state responsible+++caused by exhaustion and stress,not any illegal means+++apologies,stopping posting in 3 2 1 now+++]

Sheeeeet.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
already posted be the magestic myself

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but yeah i'll be watching this monday !! let's see

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
then once they find the truth about the big bang, they'll realize there are hundreds of thousands of big bangs, millions of universes, the black holes are the doors to get to them....

its all never ending....

this news is no big deal in the grand scheme of things

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
sorry Dolby_x I never saw your post...

That said I think it may be dull or exciting...

There are two competing theories in Astrophysics the cyclic universe and the big bang.

In a cyclic universe there would be no gravitational waves to observe in some of the big bang models

there are gravitational waves to observe we are talking 10 to the 34 seconds after the big bang here.

If they have found gravitational waves from the dawn of the universe it will have widespread theoretical consequences in physics
some models will just perish under those conditions.

The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics runs an experiment at the south pole which has been searching for gravitational waves for a while now..

The Big Bang theory currently has three flaws

The flatness problem.

The Horizon problem.

and the Magnetic monopole problem.

If it is just another confirmation of the Big Bang theory from another angle I will be disappointed.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

They will all agree that much more research is needed and the public should put pressure on our governments to put extra cash into their cash cow gravy train of high priests of science .

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

hey more ppl talking about it cant do bad !
monday will be a freaking day .. sapce news war news ... argg (run in circle on the floor like homer)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Dolby_X

hey more ppl talking about it cant do bad !
monday will be a freaking day .. sapce news war news ... argg (run in circle on the floor like homer)

I just noticed your location, are you in *Canada*, is mapple really maple flavored Snapple?

No this won't be big news, in fact every news that is shown is always embellished. Just another theory to toss on the sacrificial fire. Primordial gravity...that's what they are calling it now.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I need a recording of this Big Bang echo. In stereo.
edit on 3/15/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

lol typo
there now it,s a clear maple syrup !

edit on 152014Saturdayb14_x by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Dolby_X
already posted be the magestic myself

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but yeah i'll be watching this monday !! let's see

You guys realize that as long as one human continues to fall for this theory ... that the aliens remain constrained by Interstellar law and can never show themselves.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Dolby_X
reply to post by WarminIndy

lol typo
there now it,s a clear maple syrup !

edit on 152014Saturdayb14_x by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

I kind of like the idea of Maple Snapple, I might not drink it, but it has flair. But poutine, I've had that. I don't think I will have it again. Maple Snapple into Mapple is portmanteu, it has a certain charming appeal. If it were diet, then I would maybe drink it.

You need to suggest that to Snapple, it might be a good enough idea to them.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

rickymouse
They will probably interpret what they find wrongly. Happens all the time. Conscensus of the time rules.

I salute your keen powers of perception. also, these are the same guys that can't fold a road map again without messing it up. Astronomers. Keep looking up. You'll get used to all the "tripping", bless your inquisitive little hearts!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

It's not a sound, it's an electromagnetic signal. You can't hear electromagnetic signals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join