It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot unarmed Airman.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Father of Airman shot by Opelika police officer speaks out.

Michael Davidson, an Airman first class, was driving on I-85 at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 6 to North Carolina for his assignment.

His father says he got into a minor accident with another car and both drivers pulled over near Exit 62. "I assume the police saw it and pulled, and Michael said he heard screaming or hollering and he saw the lights.

He realized it was a police vehicle and he raised up his hand. He had his bill fold at the time he was turning around saying ‘I am an Airmen headed to my...' and that is as far as he got. As he turned around he felt something hit him and he had been shot," Billy said.

"He kept asking 'Why did you shoot me?', and finally they came over and started checking on him and then he passed out," Billy added.

Dont have many details at this point.

Pure speculation, maybe the trigger happy cop thought the wallet was a firearm?

But if even if the victim was carrying and held the firearm over his head, why shoot him when he wasnt being offensive?

According to the other thread calling out "cop bashers", police will only assault if you havent complied with the obligatory boot licking.

Not sure what this soldier did other than to get into a car accident.

edit on 15-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

And the police once again pour on the extra helping of "awesome sauce".

Can they really not make it one single day without killing an innocent?

I understand it is not ALL police officers, but it is many, and that is the problem.

How many innocent people have been killed, just this year so far, by them?

I bet more than terrorists times 357.

HHMMM I wonder who is really terrorizing the people.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I'd like to see the dash cam video too. Without it, its easy to run speculatively rampant (like the cops).

However…

if you watch the video, they show footage from the scene and you see a cruiser roll by and in another shot one is pulling up. They are keeping an eye on things there aren't they…

The father says his son said that he heard someone screaming at him before he got pulled over. That sounds like an over active bullhorn yelling for the "suspect" to "Pull Over!". And that sounds like an angry civil servant.

There as yet is no official statement ("maybe" there will be?) and a Freedom of Information Request might be filed to get the dash cam footage.

If it ever comes out bring it right down ATS main street if you would…

The best way to expose any malfeasance these days is to paste it on the Internet wall.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I-85 in North Carolina is conducting a new set of traffic laws designed to help commuters and reduce vehicle wear and tear.

From now on, it is capitally punishable to breakdown on the interstate.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

oh here comes the police "we had reason to shoot" the story has been "updated" it now seems they found "possible" spice in his car. i wonder if they planted that?
not that that should even matter since i doubt they could have seen and identified said substance before shooting him. but i guess it makes a good excuse, "see we did nothing wrong, he is a criminal".

www.wtvm.com...

Opelika Police have confiscated what appears to be synthetic marijuana, also known as spice, from the car of Airman Michael Davidson, who was shot by an Opelika Police officer last Thursday. Five empty packets were found as well as one open packet that had the potential spice still inside of it. A test needs to be performed before the substance is confirmed to be a drug. In June 2012, Gov. Bentley signed a law classifying spice as a schedule I drug. Anyone caught selling or possessing spice can be charged with a felony. Davidson's family claim Michael was not under the influence of any drugs when he had the incident with the officer. It could take months before the results of a toxicology test come back to determine if drugs were in Davidson's system. No weapons were found inside the car.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
As these cowboys are never punished for their shoot first ask questions later attitude you can expect more of the same.Good grief anyone else(civilian)would be locked up for 1st degree murder.There is NO accountability,that's the problem it seems.
edit on CDTSatam6861 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

greencmp

I-85 in North Carolina is conducting a new set of traffic laws designed to help commuters and reduce vehicle wear and tear.

From now on, it is capitally punishable to breakdown on the interstate.

I starred you because dark humor is funny to me sometimes. This is not funny but your comment about it was.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Good work Deputy Dog.

So, they will claim that the victim was hopped up on some "synthetic" drugs and was behaving “erratically” which justified the cop’s response…

reply to post by oblvion

As these incidents between cops and the military become increasingly common, maybe our armed forces will realize that our freedoms are in trouble right here at home, as opposed to some cave/desert overseas.

He Served the Empire Abroad; The Regime Killed Him in His Home.

Jose Guerena survived two combat tours of Iraq, only to become a casualty of the Regime’s longest war — the one waged against its domestic subjects in the name of drug prohibition. The former Marine was slaughtered by a SWAT team during a May 5 assault on his home in Arizona.

edit on 15-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Dont have many details at this point.

What else do we need to know really? No doubt the officer in question will be found to have followed protocol and of course no wrong doing.

maybe the trigger happy cop thought the wallet was a firearm?

I'm sure that whatever he thought it was...it will be something alarming that made him fear for his life. Thats their get out of jail forever card.

But if even if the victim was carrying and held the firearm over his head, why shoot him when he wasnt being offensive?

A better question would be...why shoot an unarmed man that wasn't being offensive? Even had he been acting like the worlds biggest dick...that is still no justification to shoot him.

According to the other thread calling out "cop bashers"

Yeah...read that one. The guy with the solid point. I added it to the list of things I need to talk to my therapist about...

Not sure what this soldier did other than to get into a car accident.

Sometimes it takes a lot less than that to be gunned down by the police today....brings to mind that 14 year old kid that got shot by a cop answering his door with a Wi controller in his hand...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well, I hope Dirty Harry there leads a long and productive life exploring the science of deep fryers in fast food joints or dishwashers in VERY busy coffee shops.....after he's had a fair part of his natural life in a cell to consider what was wrong with shooting a man on a "Doh! I thought!....".

Talk about the wrong man for the job. Jeeeeeeze

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

oh here comes the police "we had reason to shoot" the story has been "updated" it now seems they found "possible" spice in his car. i wonder if they planted that?
reply to post by generik

Of course they did. Spiced up his ride so to speak.

Wouldn't doubt it at all.

Face it...he deserved to be shot....a bad man on drugs...a danger to the community...our brave men and women in blue..

I can hear it spewing forth from the mouths of shill journalists across the land...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Some sweet day maybe the people will wake up and start shooting back.....I pity those a holes then.............NOT!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This happened not to far from me in Opelika, AL. The airman was headed to NC, but it happened about 35 miles south of the Georgia line in Alabama. There is lots of local media talking about it. I don't think I've seen anyone on this thread mention that there is a witness to the shooting who isn't the victim or one of the cops. There is a truck driver in there who was also stopped at the same time. Seems like I remember seeing something like this chain of events: 911 receives call about car driving erratically on I85 N, some type of contact between airman's vehicle and big truck, big truck and car stop, cops show up, an then the airman is shot. From what I read in the local paper, it seems like the truck driver is saying something like it was so dark I didn't see what happened. I can't imagine a truck driver lying to protect cops unless he's a former cop himself or lives in the area and doesn't want to be made a target of the local gendarme, given how many of them have been extorted legally by departments around the country.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
here is a good idea. any cop (and any cops with them) who kills or seriously injures any civilian is AUTOMATICALLY suspended without pay, until they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt, that their life was truly in danger. any investigation into said incident is conducted by an outside authority, alongside at least 6 civilians involved in all aspects (selected just like a jury) with NO local cop involvement other than answering questions under oath with severe penalties for non truths or misleading statements. any cop found acting improperly in this regard automatically get DOUBLE the time in general population of the prison, that a "civilian" would get for the SAME CRIME. after all cops should be held to a higher standard as they are to PROTECT civilians. those other cops involved, unless they can PROVE they either tried to stop it or had no way to stop it in time, to be permanently dismissed without severance pay, and made permanently unable to work in any form of law enforcement in the country, like some sort of "bad cop list", working much like the "sexual offender list" where they must keep the "outside authority" informed of both their whereabouts and employment, and any changes to them.
also any time a weapon, gun, tazer, baton, mace etc is drawn they must fill out paperwork as to why they found it necessary, and then have it investigated as to if it was warranted or not. with unpaid suspensions where it was not warranted by the situation.

all officers should also be equipped with video and mic, any time they are on duty have their "duty weapons", or wearing the uniform recording every second of their shift. including "under cover" cops, along with any vehicle being used in the commission of their duty being equipped with both internal and external cameras and mics covering full 360 degrees around said vehicle. and all police stations also being equipped with the same with no blind spots allowed including all "restrooms" and change areas, with the "feed" only accessible to the outside authority. and in the case of change rooms/washrooms (and signed warning the public of the recording) strictly controlled for investigation use only. any infractions of that having severe penalties.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
am i the only one hoping for some war vet john rambo type to get harrased by the currupt cops?

"they drew first blood"...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Whats an AIRMAN?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

gardener
Whats an AIRMAN?

An airman is a member of the air component of a nation's armed service. In the United States Air Force, it can also refer to a specific enlisted rank.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Maybe he was threatened by some gang members, I mean fellow officers?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So now they are saying they found something in his car? Irrelevant. It is worrying to me that some people in America think that anything is acceptable if the suspect is a criminal. People forget that they probably break the law on a regular basis, in one way or another, whether they know about it or not. Heck, in so many places there are laws still on the books that are outrageous, many from a long time ago. So I ask these people, do those laws not matter? How does one pick and choose which laws are important?

This is not the point though. The point is that a trigger-happy police officer, who probably should have never been allowed to carry a firearm in the name of public service in the first place, shot an innocent person. I don't care if the person he shot was the boss of some large criminal organization, because the only thing that matters are the circumstances. The cop knew nothing about the guy. And there was absolutely nothing illegal going on here in the first place. How does a wallet equate with a gun as well?

Just because someone has something in their hand does not give a cop the right to shoot them. The cop MUST be able to POSITIVELY identify that a person has a firearm before they should even be allowed to point their weapon at a civilian. It's that simple really. But some will say then the bad guys will get the drop on the cops. So what. They shouldn't become cops then, if they cannot quickly and accurately assess a situation. That is the nature of the job. Part of the problem is that cops, and others in general, do not understand just how important the Constitution of the United States is. They don't care about civil liberties, personal rights, etc...Violating a person's Constitutional rights should definitely one of the most serious crimes that could be committed in this country, yet the cops, their superiors, politicians, etc., all treat such a violation as no big deal. It is a HUGE deal. That just goes to show that the people who are tasked with upholding the rights of the people have absolutely zero understanding of the what or why of that system.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i would think these police were bullied kids in school and as they were being bullied thinking to themselves when i grow up i am going to become a cop so i can get some payback....

as another poster said one day these cops will meet a rambo and be on the other end of a spray of lead

top topics

<<   2 >>

join