It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing 777 on Craigslist!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Some may say "it's too soon"...Me, I'm always amazed at people's sense of humor. Not that I think this situation is funny, but I do think this sarcastic ad makes a statement. Take a look.

vietnam.craigslist.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildthing

I chuckled...as horrible as it is, it's laughable...all these countries with this amazing technology...what a load of bunk..all these trillions spent on satellites, sonar buoys, tactical subs that travel the water ways and nobody can pick up a sound or get a picture and planes that still have nav devices that can be turned off manually is still beyond the realm of common sense..

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

that is not funny

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

shame

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't think anyone waiting for word of thier loved ones will ever find this add funny. I find it to be quite insensitive and tasteless.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, so do I. I posted it here as a "prank" and do not think it's funny. I don't even know if it was meant to be funny. I think it's more a sarcastic statement on this whole situation. Also note that if the plane was safe and sound, and for sale, that would mean that maybe the passengers were alive as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

2manyholes
I don't think anyone waiting for word of thier loved ones will ever find this add funny. I find it to be quite insensitive and tasteless.

that is very true!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Destinyone

shame

thank you

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think it's pretty funny.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Of course it's funny. In bad taste? Maybe, but lots of funny things are. I get extremely annoyed by overly-sensitive people who cannot take a joke. I suppose everyone is different, but with many things I can sympathize with a certain event or idea, yet still appreciate the humor when someone makes a joke. But not all jokes are created equal either. In this particular case, there were some different ways the author could have gone, and a funnier person probably could have made this a whole lot better. The idea was good in my opinion, but the execution was a bit lacking. So to me the idea is what was funny in this case.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Neither do I think that anyone waiting on word of their loved ones on flight MH370 would fins this funny. However, I am not waiting on word about anyone on flight MH370, so I think it is tastelessly, offensively funny and will star anyone who thinks the same.
edit on 15-3-2014 by incoserv because: I made a type boo-boo.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Can who ever posted that on Craig's list get in trouble? Assuming they did I it as a joke and not a scam to actually get money from someone.....

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

incoserv
Neither do I think that anyone waiting on word of their loved ones on flight MH370 would fins this funny. However, I am not waiting on word about anyone on flight MH370, so I think it is tastelessly, offensively funny and will star anyone who thinks the same.
edit on 15-3-2014 by incoserv because: I made a type boo-boo.

This is sort of what I meant. We know that people who are connected to those on board are going to be suffering, and therefore they likely may understand why this Craigslist post is funny to many, as they could probably recognize the humor, but it is highly unlikely they would laugh at all. This would really be a great topic for debate imo. So is it wrong for others, who are not personally connected to the event, to find humor in certain aspects of it?

Or would it be wrong for me to find such a joke funny, yet still understand that there are people suffering? I think something to consider is the fact that this particular "joke" was not actually pointing to the event itself as funny. I mean we are not laughing because a freaking airplane is missing, with all on board. There is really no humor in that. So does that make any difference?

I suppose we should ask ourselves how we might feel if we were in the position of these families, and whether we would get offended if someone made this same joke. I honestly don't think I would get offended. I could be wrong, but I understand that the majority of people do not appreciate the seriousness of something unless they are directly involved. Maybe I shouldn't say "most" people, but many. Like I said, it would be an interesting topic for debate.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

If the plane was hijacked and it looks as though it may have been, do you really think it would show up on Craigslist? I know, crazier things have happened.

OP please know I was in no way faulting you in posting it. My comment is truly for the person responsible for posting it on CL. I just think it was crass with so many people grieving for their families and friends to put even a joke concerning it out there. Just my thoughts on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

Well, I think that's highly insensitive of you. You should try to understand the phrase DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER, and aftr you've mastered that one, you can try: FREEDOM OF SPEECH and CENSORSHIP

If we were all a cookie cutter of what YOU THINK the world should be, it would be a pretty dull crappy world. Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think that's the kind of in-house humor most professions have in order to cope with the stressful situations in their lives. But usually they keep it to themselves rather than publishing it in newspapers. Like the CB radio that truckers used for different cities and loads (suicide jockey = trucker transporting explosives).

top topics

join