It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think about it...ANYTHING with a computer can be HACKED! Cars, Planes, Ships, Electric Grid, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Does this mean it is an easy task to do? No!

If a terrorist group wanted to attack a specific target though, they could find a way to extract the necessary protocol to do such things. They could threaten to kill an entire family. You have the passwords, you know the computer code, you have the fingerprints, you have the retina (eye scans), that are needed to access the most intricate systems in place, but if you are not a hobbit, then you have family to be leveraged.

You could be a government employee, you could work for a defense contractor, you could be on the electric commission, you could be so many things that could gain the necessary information.

Satellites could be altered to change course or be put out of commission with the click of a button. Nuclear installations could be severed. Drones could be hijacked. There are endless possibilities, oh, and almost all of them could be used as "False Flag" attacks and a computer hacker could be attributed with the fault.

A message from someone could be sent to someone provoking a response. In this crazy world, we are only one step away from the mother of all "False Flags".

My message is always the same in the end. Don't take for granted the conveniences you have today, Don't take for granted the family you do have, your ability to see them or even communicate with them is just one click away.

Soul

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Absolutely agree, and think about it, in the near future, very near, we could be hacked........

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Scary, yes, I agree. I'll keep to vintage cars... Don't own a smart phone ( IMHO they are quite dumb or at least dumb you down further). Have a farm in case shops run out of food... Don't trust anyone to support me, some have ambitions in life, I personally, ambition life over all instead if you could say such a thing.

One massive internet wide DoS would about do it. Just read about a massive one. (here)

Good one S&F!
edit on 12-3-2014 by TatTvamAsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

It would not take much to disrupt the entire world with one simple key stroke. The entire financial system is connected through computers. Also, if the communication systems disappeared how would we even know what is going on when it does happen? For example, one day you wake up and your internet is down and cell service is out and your car wont start...your neighbor has the same problem...no one has a clue what happened 3 miles away even...much less 5 states away...or 5 countries away...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TatTvamAsi

Sticking to vintage cars will only get you so far, if going to a store that is on a computer system and using ATM's with banks on computer systems, and trying to buy gas with computer systems...or Internet service, cell phone service or electrical service all controlled by computer...oh and don't forget EMERGENCY service will be impossible without computer access...satellite transmission and it really doesn't have to be a hacker...it could be a well placed EMP device or a major CME from the Sun....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Diesel cars run on vegetable oil if necessary, same for generators. Don't really need the internet or phone service for anything, though it is handy from time to time and entertaining. Money likewise, hardly would use any if the land provides, most things could be traded for as well. Got wood to burn for heat as well, no problem here with your scenario. It would just make life easier, do you think a banker would come to claim your mortgage on foot? No bills to pay either...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Hello.

People are probably easier to "hack" than computers.
Just look at social media.
Ever get a song stuck in your head?
Ever go on auto-pilot while driving?

There's a new-ish TV series called Mind Games, though fictional entertainment, it portrays some of the many real methods of "hacking" people; getting them to do what you want, and even getting them to want to do what you want. While the series illustrates very basic employments, it gives a bit of a window into how easy it is to influence folks.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
this thing double posted.

Maybe I've been hacked?

edit on 12-3-2014 by KonstantinaValentina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hey! This is OP.

I hacked into Luciddream's account and typed this.

edit: damn you!!!

edit on 3/12/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yup.....anything with a computer can be hacked. There is circuitry in most new cars that can be remotely hacked and the car shut down. Someone can cause a scrambling of the electronics in your car and cause you to lose power and pull over...this is no secret either, no conspiracy necessary. Phones can be shut off with scramblers also.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KonstantinaValentina

I have to agree with you on this. A brain's chemistry can be scrambled in many ways.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

pointr97
Absolutely agree, and think about it, in the near future, very near, we could be hacked........

Thiis is exactly what worries me about Electronic Tatoos; hacking. While the implications are positive for tracking and identification purposes, the potential downfall(s) from hacking into a person's being are worrisome. I mean, just imagine having your heart stopped with the stroke of a key.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So what?!?!?

A technology with a vulnerability, this is not new!!! The only thing here thats new is the ability to effect it from a distance due to networking.

Any geared device is vulnerable to an object obstructing its "workings", exactly the same way malicious code changes a program so that it fails.

Things with micro chips are hack-able just the same as any mechanical device is at the mercy of a bomb.

So much hype over a simply thing.

new topics

top topics

join