It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

I totally agree. The lithium battery story sounds like a desperate type of spoon-fed muck.

How to Feed Sheeple

edit on 14-3-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Basic overview

Q. What information does a transponder send, and who does it send it to?

A transponder is a radio transmitter in the cockpit that works with ground radar. When the transponder receives a signal from a more sophisticated ground "secondary" radar, it returns a squawk code with the aircraft's position, its altitude and its call sign. It is constantly being radar pinged, helping air traffic controllers on the ground determine the airplane's speed and direction, too.

Q. What does "squawk" mean?

It's a four-digit identifying code that the pilot enters into a transponder for each flight. It helps air traffic control recognize each plane.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by drwill

I am forming a pretty far out and weird theory ragarding the 777 flight.

On the intertubz there is much being said about the aircraft being part of a
cloaking experiment.

Wait... it could be true, and if it is it could also tie
into the Russia, Ukraine and the West scenario!

What if the plane was indeed involved in a cloaking
exercise to show the Russians that The United States
or ( A stretch.. another power) could come into their airspace not just by stealth aircraft but
INVISIBLE ones..

The timing is right... as loads of us suspect a link between this aircraft mystery and the current situation in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Somebody at CNN needs to step away from the breaking news button. I mean, seriously - since when does an investigative probe become breaking news?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It Is Crazy what happened to it -

The facts sofar -

It turned suddenly right - lost 35.000 feet of altitude then dissapered.

There were two other flights at that time within 50miles range at the same flight level, so if it had blown up or something causing it to explode it would have been seen

With the said flights and others flying across the same area of sea, if it had changed course and flown across there path, they would have reported something.

If it had landed somewhere then re-fueled and taken off again, even with a different flight number/code, its unique A/C number HEX code would distinguish its identity.

If it tried to cloak and avoid radar it would have to fly below 1000 feet but this would be very difficult to next to impossible.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

It's a trainwreck. CNN folks are acting like revival preachers. Come one, come all. Give us big ratings! And I'm watching. Shame on me.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drwill

CNN(crap news network)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UKGuy1805

Nice summary. So it drowned in one piece, maybe? But they got all their satellites redirected to look for it, and with all the ships and planes searching, it would have to be close to the last squawk(?)?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

Good point
If they were a restaurant, they would serve flambéed rat steaks and deep fried bologna/baloney--on paper plates, plastic forks.
I'm turning it off. *click*.
edit on 14-3-2014 by drwill because: need more coffee

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Bilk22
OK thanks. So they allegedly flew thru that cluster of radar coverage undetected? Is that what's being suggested?
Did someone suggest that?

What I recall is the Malasian military saying they tracked an unidentified plane flying toward the Malacca Strait. If that was the missing plane (and we still don't know if it was or not, do we?), then it was obviously detected by radar.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Stop panicking everybody ! All will be solved soon !
Uri is on the case !

He's here
edit on 023131p://03America/Chicago14 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
All this talk about the plane suddenly turning and dropping at the point of contact loss has me miffed. If the electronics failed or were turned off, then why should we even trust those last few readings? They could be software buffering calculations trying to compensate for missed or erratic signal.

Besides, if I were trying to evade anyone, I would turn off my location info BEFORE making a turn or change in altitude.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The only way we will know is if they cross check every flight in a radius of perhaps 500miles around a time frame of perhaps one hour, and then if out of say 500 radar returns(planes) they can identify 499 of them as not being the missing plane, this would perhaps narrow things down abit, but not prove it 100%

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

Thats the point - it diddnt vanish first before making those manouvers.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Put on 'Airplane!' on one tv and your news channel of choice on another side by side. It's getting to the point where you probably couldn't tell the difference.

I picked a hell of a day to quit drinkin'.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Which may indicate there was indeed trouble, crystal ball theory: either the pilots were avoiding something or the cabin was being breached

edit on 14-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
“There is no such thing as coincidence in this world is there?

Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack

(Reuters) - Hackers knocked out the Russian presidency's website several times on Friday and brought down the central bank website, the Kremlin press service said.

"A powerful cyber attack is under way on the (Kremlin) site," a Kremlin spokeswoman said, adding that the attack was continuing and security experts were trying to prevent further disruptions.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Are they sure those maneuvers really took place, or were they readings from electronics going bad. I don't know how it works, but it should be considered.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

China only recently revealed there cloaking ability. There is a thread on ats somewhere

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

All i can say is that i have tried the re-run of the flight over and over and it shows the same results, in FR24 when a flight is broadcasting its transponder and near to ground level the flight line shows a white color, this color changes automaticaly as the plane climbs, from white at or near ground level to red 41.000feet plus, this flight line was showing blue at 35K then the line went white as it showed 0 feet.
I have tracked thousands of planes on FR24 s i am on it every singal day so you could say i know my way around it.

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join