It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we hold express carriers' drivers accountable for filing false delivery attempts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
UPDATE: bolesblogs.com...
^ Apparently there's APP(s) that promise to assist delivery monitoring wirelessly.. although I question the above blog's claim that they can successfully help call-out drivers that fake delivery attempts =/

I've never had a problem with lying drivers despite actually doing more shipping/receiving in previous years, til the start of 2014 and current.

The latest instance is an overnite shipment of tank-raised (not wild) fish for stocking my aquaculture pond (provides natural fertilizer for hydroponic as well as manually feeding regularly grown sustenance/survival crops now with vegetables & fruits being secretly injected with God knows what.

Anyways, it was supposed to be here BY 10:30a, Guaranteed. I waited outside till 10:30 and called Fedex, who put a trace on it and like magic within 7 minutes, it jumped from at Fedex facility to BOTH Out for Delivery and 1 minute after Out for Delivery, has a 'Customer Not Available'. Sure, it only takes 1 minute for your driver to pick up the package in Signal Hill, get to my door, wait a few secs, then write or print a notice, then scan it as attempted.

I called minutes within that claim and they said the driver just missed you a couple minutes ago, and you were not home. Oh wow, how fast does he drive, then? I mean to say, I suggested if he just missed me a couple minutes ago, then surely he is just minutes away. They reached out to him via dispatch and then he said he would not be back in my area until hours later, at 2pm. Well, its after 2pm and no show.

I remember Airborne Extress used to be better than Fedex or UPS, but now seems they're not in biz in US, or companies just arent using them. If the fish are dead, it is a shame. I know PETA would blame me anyhoo, but at the end of the day I cant help but wonder why are they SOOO SPITEFUL nowadays, when the box is clearly maked FRAGILE LIVE FISH for a reason... it feels like 90F out today here in So Cal and what I'm saying is why aren't the drivers held accountable; after contacting Fedex multiple times today, they could not provide me with a means to file a complaint other than say they will pass it onto their supervisor who is not available, and theres no way that I can find online either.

i figure in this scenario it may very well be the driver gets off on driving around in the heat, falsifying delivery attempts just so fish unnesarily die today in vane (I know one day, they will eventually die) in his/her hands - and his EMPLOYER as his/her shield to any liability whatsoever.

Thanks for listening.
edit on 7-3-2014 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I hate using Fedex or UPS,I have trouble everytime I have something delivered. I just got this week a 30 lb. package that UPS emailed me saying it was on the truck that morning and would be delivered before the day was over. I had to cancel a date with my son that day due to the package was a someone must sign for it. So I waited till 2 pm which was when I was supposed be at my sons,and I get an email saying basically,oops, the package didn't make it on the truck after all,sorry bout that.We will deliver it tomorrow. Now when I cancelled my date with my son, guess when I set it up for? You guessed it, the next day. I was like "oh hell no, I'm not cancelling out the appointment with my son again." So I called up UPS and said is the package there at your facility? Yep,sure was, so then I asked is there anyway by chance it would end up on a truck today? Nope, not a chance. Okay,then cancel the delivery and I will come pick it up myself.I'm 20 minutes away from you and I can deliver it to me.And thats what I did.

This was after I had a run in with Fedex for the last 3 deliverys where I was thinking of turning them into the Attorney General. Now I'm just like, let me pick up the damn thing myself. least I know I'll get it there.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Could be many reasons why he was late ,could of got tied up in traffic , could of had to wait for a pick up that was on the way , couldn't have been an over sight on your package and got left and put on the next available truck . I don't really think customer service knows where you package is it is not like they are in a warehouse floor .

Have you never been late for an appointment before people should know it doesn't take a lot to fall behind . Ever wait for the cable guy who was late ?

Sorry but the world doesn't revolve around a package with your name on it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I can agree with you on most of your findings as similar to yours except In my experience UPS next day is the least terrible of the TERRIBLE THREE. For instances, they arrive before 10:30am on a next day package, without charging extra $$$ which Fedex does and in many instances like today, Fedex fails to deliver on the time they... GUARANTEE and we paid extra for.

For the state of TECHNOLOGY that we have today, it's just totally unacceptable that some employees would be able to negate their functions.

It turns out the package I'm waiting on, was just again scanned at 2:30 at OUT for delivery. Which leads me to conclude that when they logged that it was out for delivery the first time around 10:30something when I called, was just a lie.

Anyways, I can see why most large businesses don't use USPS. For instance, just last week, I had a perishable Priority Expess package (aquatic pond plants) I was waiting on Wednesday, not show up. it was SCANNED AS DELIVERED and when I went to the post office to suggest their must be an error, the manager stated they do not make such crucial mistakes such as scanning a package as DELIVERED... unless it was DELIVERED. she then advised me that the package was in fact delivered and the online delivery confirmation tracking shows that. she even brought up that the package was likely STOLEN.

the next day, I noticed it was odd that the usual postwoman did not come by. I asked the different postman if they had anything for me, they said no. The following day (Friday), the same thing. They said miss regular postwoman is not on this route.

Come Saturday (3 days after Wednesday) miss regular postwoman is knocking on my door with the missing package which was "Delivered" since 3 days ago. She claimed she attempted delivery on Wednesday. However, no notice was left *AND* since I filed a REDELIVERY request that same Wednesday in case the package was lost in their warehouse somewhere, they would look for it and deliver. No surprise, it was not redelivered on Thursday nor Friday, because it was in the postwoman's personal CAR for 3 days!?! I refused the package, as it smelled like AMMONIA and SULFUR even though the plants are in triple sealed bags with intra-CA nursery cert, and luckily the shipped resent most of the order they still had more of in stock. However, a few items were missing and the seller says they dont bother with filing claims since its only for half the merchandise amount they claim (and my personal experience is they require ample proof it was insured in the first place, proof of value, proof of what it looked like before, and after said loss, which is almost impossible to show, unless the package was lost altogether).

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I've always had good experiences with the FedEx drivers in my area. They deliver to my house the same time each time, 11:20 am, no matter the driver, which I find pretty remarkable. USPS does a nice job in my area as well. Just last week I had an Express (great service) package come in on a Saturday at the local post office after the carrier went on her route. She actually brought it to my house that afternoon, even though she'd delivered to my street 5 hours earlier and it wasn't scheduled for delivery until that following Monday!

Although the local postal workers are really good and the Express option is nice, the USPS Priority service as a whole is a sick joke. The last two packages I've received that way took a crazy route that was unbelievable had I not seen the tracking info for myself. They estimate, not guarantee, 2-3 days but those items took two weeks. One of those was a shipment from in-state, less than 250miles away. It would've came faster by first class.

Airborne Express was purchased by DHL some years back. DHL U.S. domestic service is horrible, probably the worst of the major couriers, but if you're shipping international they are the way to go.

In any event, good luck on your claim and hope your fish survive.
edit on 7-3-2014 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

freedomSlave
Could be many reasons why he was late ,could of got tied up in traffic , could of had to wait for a pick up that was on the way , couldn't have been an over sight on your package and got left and put on the next available truck . I don't really think customer service knows where you package is it is not like they are in a warehouse floor .

Have you never been late for an appointment before people should know it doesn't take a lot to fall behind . Ever wait for the cable guy who was late ?

Are you saying there is a reason a driver would intentionally scan the package as ATTEMPTED DELIVERY - CUSTOMER UNAVAILABLE when in fact no attempt was made in the first place??

My whole point is since I was checking status every 5 mins, I caught when it suddenly showed up as attempted delivery- I was standing at my door looking out so when I saw that I called Fedex immediately and they said they got in touch with the driver who should have still beein blocks away even driving fast, yet could not swing past which also proves drivers are scanning things as attempted delivery sometimes even when they are running late and havent even left the shipping hub with packages.

If they can't be honest, then they should also not accept live animals who perish because of their.. bloody, fatal, LIES

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I live in a rural area. No signing. If you are not outside when they drive up, they leave it by a door, or is the gate is closed, just inside the fence. I am amazed that they even consider driving out into the sticks. I see UPS and FEXEX a lot so they must get plentry of delivery business out here.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
UPS has given the excuse that there was no one to sign for the package at a friends mine a few times when they never even went there.

The mine was waiting for parts and there road and front door area are covered by high tech security cameras that would have recorded any UPS driver making any delivery.

After the third time the mine CEO called the UPS CEO to complain.

The driver is likely working for Fedex now.
retailindustry.about.com...
edi t on 7-3-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I had the same experience a couple of months ago. Home all day to accept the delivery that tracking said was on the truck for delivery only it didn't come until the next day. I can only figure that the poor driver was on the route over 24 hours.

Actually, I'm thinking that FedeX is overloading driver's on their routes and commanding them to not get overtime so the drivers simply stop delivering when their time is up and return to the facility. But that doesn't mean you package is first on the list the next day, mine wasn't. It came late in the afternoon which is typical for my area.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Well depending where one lives also having the quadrant n.w. s.w. n.e. ect ect ect can make a huge difference when devilries are concerned . I have delivered gravel many times to construction and residence where people fail to mention the proper address and I am across town because there are two 75 st on the same avenue. 75 st n.w. tells me exactly where I need to go. Granted I have been driving long enough now to know to call and verify with the customers number usually provided instead of a 50/50 chance of the right address however sometimes it happens where contacts numbers are over looked or not provided ( not sure if fedex puts a customer numbers on their slips to the driver ) Then I get to go for a drive across town being paid by the load that sux when this happens.

Not sure if that is the case in your situation but this can happen aswell

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

It's the same here in nj where I live. Good thing is, I've had the same delivery driver for 15 years. She just opens my front door now, puts it in my living room & yells "DELIVERY"!! Love her!! If I'm not home, she will leave it inside screen door, or if it's too big, by my back door. No signing either.....Sorry for your problem OP. I woulda thought you should be first delivery of the day since they were LIVE! I'm really surprised about that fact alone....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I was waiting on Wednesday, not show up. it was SCANNED AS DELIVERED and when I went to the post office to suggest their must be an error, the manager stated they do not make such crucial mistakes such as scanning a package as DELIVERED... unless it was DELIVERED. she then advised me that the package was in fact delivered and the online delivery confirmation tracking shows that. she even brought up that the package was likely STOLEN.

Bwahahaha! I know for a fact that isn't true. They do scan as delivered when it is not.
Just this week, it happened to me twice. One was delivered only one day after it was posted as delivered, but the other a whole 4 days later.

Someone I knew was the postmaster in a rural California town. I can tell you first hand, you never know who is sorting your mail in small towns or who is scanning your packages.

Kids sorted the mail and got to ride in the truck and scan packages myself and my own children included. This was in the 80's to early 2000's.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

j.r.c.b.
reply to post by roadgravel

It's the same here in nj where I live. Good thing is, I've had the same delivery driver for 15 years. She just opens my front door now, puts it in my living room & yells "DELIVERY"!! Love her!! If I'm not home, she will leave it inside screen door, or if it's too big, by my back door. No signing either.....Sorry for your problem OP. I woulda thought you should be first delivery of the day since they were LIVE! I'm really surprised about that fact alone....

That's sweet! In NY i Did have one UPS driver that would do similar, like 'hide' the package in the barbecue grill (when I wasn't raw vegan)

Unfortunately that's rare even in gated communities and other highly secure ones.

Come to thing out it, Fedex has NEVER left me a paper notice since 2014. It's like the driver's have established a lowered expectation that if it looks urgent/perishable, all the more reason to lie and delay it. Morbid.

Have a significant number of Americans these days, been taken over by negative, malicious entities??

Sure seems so. Intentionally hurting people's property (via blatant lying) while getting paid for it.... dispicable!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

calstorm

Someone I knew was the postmaster in a rural California town. I can tell you first hand, you never know who is sorting your mail in small towns or who is scanning your packages.

Kids sorted the mail and got to ride in the truck and scan packages myself and my own children included. This was in the 80's to early 2000's.

One of my older cousins works at the post office in New York City - sorting mail. He claims to make 40k/yr working 8 PM - around midnight daily..
Yet one day didnt have $800 to pay for a used car wanted. I highly question what goes on in the sorting area between apparently generous salaries for of all things, to the number of missing, delayed, and mis-sorted pieces of mail in any given day.

On the delivery end of USPS, the folks have been nice and efficient for the most part. They shouldnt be allowed to work out of their own vehicles in my opinion except on emergency basis, because of like what happened for instance where the gal forgot my package in her trunk(?) and had the next two days off to even give it a thought dropping by even if not even on the job, to make things right. That, she didnt. And its getting annoying, yea, how often they are scanning packages as delivered when its not (I usually overlook it, cause its not perishable ones)

Maybe the kids did a better job back then than the older, lackadaisical people in general behind USPS doors. To me it seems like something numbing, dumbifying is in the air we breath, water wer drink, that people are just in a general... DAZE these DAYS

edit on 7-3-2014 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

freedomSlave

I think you missed the point . The tracking info said the driver attempted to deliver and missed the person. When the person was home the whole time and waiting outside for the pkg. They lied. Oh and I doubt this pkg was delivered free of charge so someone was actually paying for a service which wasn't preformed. I don't know about you but if I pay for something I expect to get it. I don't expect a bunch of excuses like you've provided. Sloppy slipshod work is now the norm and the it's not my fault excuse is used way too often.
edit on PM000000310000000331042312014-03-07T18:42:01-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Wow. Reading these accounts makes me realize I am very lucky. I get weekly UPS or Fed-Ex deliveries, which I track via the web. In several years every package that has said "Out for Delivery" has been delivered. Every single one. Of course, I live in an area where they can just leave it by the door. I recognize I'm lucky there, too.

Not to detract from your very real problems you describe. Just wanted to say it isn't that way everywhere.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
www.fedex.com...

You can try email. At least you'll have an electronic record of your communication.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

LOL so you never cut corners on your job before. Someone is always paying for a service and some one is always slacking somewhere that is pretty much how the working world goes for the most part.
Good things employers can't have websites for slacker employees now that would be helpful now wouldn't it

So the package shows up a day late . big deal

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Actually it is a big deal since the fish WERE LIVE. Tomorrow they will most likely be dead. Especially in the hot temps. The OP described....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

LOL so you never cut corners on your job before. Someone is always paying for a service and some one is always slacking somewhere that is pretty much how the working world goes for the most part.
Good things employers can't have websites for slacker employees now that would be helpful now wouldn't it

So the package shows up a day late . big deal

Why is slacking even accepted these days. The job market has enough folks out of work... it shouldn't be hard to replace anyone who slacks. And that is precisely what they should do when they see it happening.

My husband works with a lot of older men. Lately a few of them have had to retire. They hired 3 new guys which were all under 21. You know what they do??? Not a damn thing. He works about 72 hours a week EVERY week. The normal work week there is 52 hours. They don't want to work over 40, but want to get paid for 80. Production dropped and they had to have a meeting with the "New Generation" and how the 60 year old guys moved faster and did more than the young ones. Yet they are still there, because apparently hard work doesn't pay and slacking is now completely acceptable to everyone.

You see it where you work, you see it where you shop, you see it everywhere and it is annoying as hell that it is just fine and dandy.

OP likely had to pay for the guaranteed shipping and if they want to employ slackers they shouldn't accept funds for special deliveries.

So in the end.... when you PAY for a service IT SHOULD REVOLVE around you. It's what you pay for. Why pay for anything and just be ho-hum when you don't get what you paid for? Even if it's free... if they tell you that it will be there, it should be there. OP didn't get to pick the day, they did. If they wanted an extra day, they should have taken it before they told him today.

I don't get it. People need to have some pride in themselves and their jobs. If they can't do that, let somebody else have a shot at it.
edit on 3/8/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join