It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no videos of exorcisms?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ive often wondered this, but figured Id make a thread to see if anyone has any insight into it.

I am aware of the YouTube videos of exorcisms, which are generally debatable as to whether or not they are real. This isn't anything like UFOs where some random person sees one at some random time; there are people who perform exorcisms for a living (i.e. an exorcist). I hear stories on the internet from priests who have performed them saying that some acts that take place during them are just like the movies (throwing up nails, talking in foreign language, levitating, etc.), but the majority are pretty mundane. There was a recent article about some girl even climbing up a wall backwards. A few people confirmed it. There was supposed to be a TV series on real life exorcisms, but I haven't heard anything from that in a while.

With Christianity being in a decline, it seems like a simple video release would be enough to bring people to the religion.
edit on 7-3-2014 by KidOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I would say they are fake and why there are no videos of it . Still I guess one could make a fake video

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
good question, i think that too. i'm sick to the back teeth of the false U.F.O and possession videos on youtube. i've always said they should make a film using files from catholic or christian church's. i would love to see a real possession even though it would scare me.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I honestly dont think that there is such thing as a real posession, just the church mistreating mentally ill people. If you tell a mentally ill person that they have the devil inside them, its not surprising that they may start acting like it.

I dont know of any filmed events but there is a real audio recording of the excorcism of a poor German girl called Anneliese Michel. Its disturbing, so be warned. The poor girl died in the end as a result of her mistreatment and neglect. Rather than diagnosing and treating her medical condition they "excorcised" her, snowballing her symptoms and doing more damage. Sad.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Pryde87
I honestly dont think that there is such thing as a real posession, just the church mistreating mentally ill people. If you tell a mentally ill person that they have the devil inside them, its not surprising that they may start acting like it.

I dont know of any filmed events but there is a real audio recording of the excorcism of a poor German girl called Anneliese Michel. Its disturbing, so be warned. The poor girl died in the end as a result of her mistreatment and neglect. Rather than diagnosing and treating her medical condition they "excorcised" her, snowballing her symptoms and doing more damage. Sad.

So what was her medical condition?
You seem so sure.

I suppose some Prozac would have saved her life?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

It could be any number of conditions but most likely a combination of many, all of which are supported by mounds of scientific research unlike the "you're posessed" diagnosis.

Split personality syndrome, extreme paranoia, obsessive compulsive disorder spawned by years of extremist religious upbringing, schizophrenia, not to mention being driven insane with pain due to the result of being starved and denied water.

Thats just to name a few possibilities. I dont claim to know her diagnosis, just that mental illness is a supported and proven scientific explanation.

What makes you believe its a demon? Presuming that imaginary beings exist for a minute...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My understanding is less than 1/2 of 1% of possession are in fact real, contact with a demon or entity. Because of the stigma surrounding the event, the church tries to keep those who they feel truly are possessed as secret as possible. Now could that be because it really is fake, or is it to help those who may have experienced a world society doesn't want to know is real, and people may lash out at them?

IMO, I say bring forth ALL evidence and let society and people see things that might finally put their beliefs and understanding about life into the forefront and make people see the truth.

Imagine the church allowing society to see someone turn their head 360, walk up walls, throw men across rooms, speak 2-5-8 languages fluently, some that do not exist anymore, etc...

Can all of these folks be wrong?

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 0Fri, 07 Mar 2014 13:54:39 -0600201432014-03-07T13:54:39-06:00Fridaypm07MarchCST by IroncladFT because: link

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

There are a few actually...

Demon possession & exorcism

pardon the cheese videos posted by others... I'll find the other one I know of

Here we are

edit on 7-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Okay yea...That made my hair stand up....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The video really doesn't prove anything. Its just a girl strapped down and screaming. The second half of the video (about the Russian hell audio) is a known hoax. Those videos are easy to find on YouTube. I'm talking about the good stuff. One that would literally defy the laws of physics or anatomy. A video of something that goes on, from what I understand, somewhat often. I guess it just blows my mind that an exorcist has the power to film something that would shake the world, and yet nothing is filmed; but they don't mind talking about it later.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

That's because there is likely little to no reality behind demon possession...

I would bet in most cases its nothing more then a bratty child... notice its almost always a child.

And I would also bet a good slap across the kisser would snap that so called "demon" right out of them

Just my opinion of course... what do I know

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If you or your family member were possessed by a demon, would YOU want the exorcism to be video taped? Nope. Neither would I. It would be embarrassing. I wouldn't allow it if it were me or my family or friends. It's a private matter.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
For those that think the testimony of witnesses is enough evidence, what do you make of exorcisms performed by Hindu and Buddhist priests/monks. en.wikipedia.org... If catholic accounts of exorcism are to be taken as proof for their god, why not Hindu exorcism as proof of Kali, Brahma, or the Buddha etc...?
edit on 7-3-2014 by renegadeloser because: typo

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by KidOK

That's because there is likely little to no reality behind demon possession...

I would bet in most cases its nothing more then a bratty child... notice its almost always a child.

And I would also bet a good slap across the kisser would snap that so called "demon" right out of them

Just my opinion of course... what do I know

Exactly . . .

How easy would it be for the Catholic (or any other exorcising denomination) to prove the existence of evil/demons/devil than to show the world actual possessions?

Let medical doctors rule out psych issues and of course the rebellious child, then show through exorcism the emergence of the supernatural.

The fact that there is still a debate about whether the supernatural exists after hundreds of years of exorcism rituals, shows there is little to this at all.

Of course those pesky demons always hide when you want them present . . . unless you go through the "private" ritual.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

There are some out there, but of course it isn't conclusive proof that people actually become possessed by demons. I would think that, much like paranormal investigations, there is not a whole lot of viable video footage because of batteries being drained or the camera malfunctioning. If the theory is correct that in order for an entity to manifest in the physical realm they have to draw energy from people, animals, electronic equipment, etc., it would make sense that a demonic entity would require a lot of it in order to not only manifest but to manipulate a human being like a marionette and distort their appearance.

www.isciencetimes.com...

edit on 7-3-2014 by tigertatzen because: my laptop needs an excorcism

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Episode 3.19 of "Paranormal Witness" called "The Exorcist"(Nov 2013), a possessed woman is being exercised.

As mentioned in the thread, one can see how embarrassing that is for her and her family.

Also see, older exorcism footage that was aired on 20/20 "Real Exorcism 1991"
edit on 7-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Same reason as there are no pictures of god...

Neither are real.

Derek

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

dreamingawake
Episode 3.19 of "Paranormal Witness" called "The Exorcist"(Nov 2013), a possessed woman is being exercised.

As mentioned in the thread, one can see how embarrassing that is for her and her family.

Also see, older exorcism footage that was aired on 20/20 "Real Exorcism 1991"
edit on 7-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

If someone is looking for actual video proof of exorcism, why would you reference a produced/scripted docu/drama and a 20/20 episode that clearly shows a mentally disturbed/attention seeking woman giving the crowd what they want?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

There was a recent article about some girl even climbing up a wall backwards. A few people confirmed it

www.usatoday.com...

Is this the story you're talking about? I was just reading about this the other day. It was a little boy, and at the time of the occurence he was in the hospital. The nurse caring for him saw him walk backward up the wall, so it wasn't as if the family were the only ones seeing this manifest. What is interesting in that case is that the mother and two siblings also were showing signs of some possible possession as well, and they had been dealing with the phenomenon for quite some time. The priest actually never performed an excorcism on any of the children...only the mother. I'm looking for the video of the priest being interviewed...if I find it I will link it.

I personally do not believe there are such things as demons per se, but I do believe in ghosts because I have seen them all my life...some are good and others aren't, and I do believe that they can enter a person's body if they are powerful enough. Of course it is only a belief, and there is no proof. But something freaky was going on with that family and as you said, other people confirmed it...so whatever it was, it was real enough for medical staff to see it. Spooky stuff!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Exorcisms are usually affiliated with the Catholic Church.
A real exorcism by a priest can only be done with permission from the church.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join