It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no videos of exorcisms?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

solomons path

dreamingawake

solomons path

dreamingawake
Episode 3.19 of "Paranormal Witness" called "The Exorcist"(Nov 2013), a possessed woman is being exercised.

As mentioned in the thread, one can see how embarrassing that is for her and her family.

Also see, older exorcism footage that was aired on 20/20 "Real Exorcism 1991"
edit on 7-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

If someone is looking for actual video proof of exorcism, why would you reference a produced/scripted docu/drama and a 20/20 episode that clearly shows a mentally disturbed/attention seeking woman giving the crowd what they want?

As mentioned in the thread, one can see how embarrassing that is for her and her family.
I'm not sharing VIDEOS with the OP. But rather the example of embarrassment as to why there are not many videos.

That's nothing more than a cop out . . .

There are plenty of conditions that are "embarrassing" to the person who suffers them and their families; however, they are well documented (cases and research). I saw nothing embarrassing in the videos, outside of the actions of a mentally disturbed women in the 20/20 piece. However, her actions are no more embarrassing than any other outburst from someone suffering from delusions.

One verified case would lead to proof of the supernatural, as well as vindicating/substantiating the claims made by those of the Abrahamic religions. It would lead to a massive influx of followers. Heck, it would lead to a Nobel prize. It would change the world, as we know it.

The only reason for modern exorcists to not employ scientific testing of the subject or open documentation is to hide the fact that there is no substance to their claims and keep this "phenomena" in the realm of ecclesiastic providence.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

In short, even if we could find a video of a real exorcism, I suspect that a significant number of you who claim this would provide proof of religion's claims to you would still pass it off as just another disturbed person needing medical treatment. I don't think less of you for that. It's more comfortable than the alternative would be which would be to change your underlying belief systems.

Why would people who claim it would provide proof to them do that, though? Why would they pass it off as a deranged fantasy of some disturbed person and ignore it?

If anyone comes up with irrefutable evidence, I think there are lots of people who would say...hmmm!!

edit on 3/8/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Why is what you quoted wrong?

It made good sense to me -

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

That's why its wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What?

I'm so sorry you lost me there.
what is wrong in the person's post?

You don't think people would believe it? I think they would...

Oh wait you mean because it made sense to me is why itss wrong. Is that what you meant?

edit on 3/8/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: figured it out, I think

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The conclusions he draws from his suppositions are all known to be false. On all four points.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Okay guess I need to go back and read his conclusions I know there are lots of things on the internet that sound real but really aren't. Thanks!
Excuse the interruption.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's pretty disturbing but I think it's just a case of people trying to restrain a mentally ill person who wants to be left alone. The "possessed" person reacts in the way they feel they should. Maybe medicine would have been a better option for her? I doubt any of that restraining or "exorcising" did her any good in the end.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I thought it looked totally scripted and staged.

If it was real, wouldn't one of the involved persons strike down the camera? or the cameraman run out of the room shrieking?

At the very least I mean.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Logarock

solomons path

dreamingawake

solomons path

dreamingawake
Episode 3.19 of "Paranormal Witness" called "The Exorcist"(Nov 2013), a possessed woman is being exercised.

Also see, older exorcism footage that was aired on 20/20 "Real Exorcism 1991"
edit on 7-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

If someone is looking for actual video proof of exorcism, why would you reference a produced/scripted docu/drama and a 20/20 episode that clearly shows a mentally disturbed/attention seeking woman giving the crowd what they want?

I'm not sharing VIDEOS with the OP. But rather the example of embarrassment as to why there are not many videos.

That's nothing more than a cop out . . .

There are plenty of conditions that are "embarrassing" to the person who suffers them and their families; however, they are well documented (cases and research). I saw nothing embarrassing in the videos, outside of the actions of a mentally disturbed women in the 20/20 piece. However, her actions are no more embarrassing than any other outburst from someone suffering from delusions.

One verified case would lead to proof of the supernatural, as well as vindicating/substantiating the claims made by those of the Abrahamic religions. It would lead to a massive influx of followers. Heck, it would lead to a Nobel prize. It would change the world, as we know it.

The only reason for modern exorcists to not employ scientific testing of the subject or open documentation is to hide the fact that there is no substance to their claims and keep this "phenomena" in the realm of ecclesiastic providence.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.

Don't know why this is wrong here. People go on TV talking about everything from rape to child molestation to drug rehab to alcoholism to PTSD and LOTS of other things. Its takes a ton of courage to go out in the public and speak about these things, yet we have people that do. They are risking embarrassment. I would think an act that no one even remembers (most possessed people don't remember any of it...so there's another reason to tape it) would be no worse than anything mentioned earlier .

Also, none of the videos posted yet have shown anything superhuman or something that a "normal" person could pull off. Could they be an actual possessed person?....maybe. However its nothing out of the realm of possibility. That's what I am looking for.

Researchers/Scientists need to get involved in this. It seems like we've had something right in our faces this whole time while looking at a blurry Sasquatch running half a mile down the road, or pixelated UFO videos, or questionable ghost pictures. This has been going on for hundreds of years and has people dedicated to it. Its pretty cut and dry to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

There are a couple on you tube but what's your point. It is not ATS's responsibility to make you believe, it sounds like you are a skeptic.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Although the Catholic Church still technically conduct exorcisms there are a couple of points I'd like to make.Unless things have changed any request for an exorcism must be okay by the Vatican itself.As exorcism is like the churche's dirty secret even if approved,this would be done as quietly as possible.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is a good video on exorcism - don't believe in 99% of this stuff but if you have someone speaking in Latin and levitating...well you might have a possession on your hands...well worth the watch.

Paranormal Witness - The Exorcist

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So you say, and then you go on to make a series of further posts that bely this one.

For people who look to science to explain everything, all things will have a scientific explanation. It will be very, very hard to provide irrefutable proof. Look at the UFO crowd. How many times have they provided so-called irrefutable proof only to have skeptics provide so-called scientific explanations?

And yet, I'll bet they have the same kind of crowd who continually eggs them on to post more irrefutable proof claiming it will make many people go "hmmm" as soon as they see it.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

ketsuko

So you say, and then you go on to make a series of further posts that bely this one.

For people who look to science to explain everything, all things will have a scientific explanation. It will be very, very hard to provide irrefutable proof. Look at the UFO crowd. How many times have they provided so-called irrefutable proof only to have skeptics provide so-called scientific explanations?

And yet, I'll bet they have the same kind of crowd who continually eggs them on to post more irrefutable proof claiming it will make many people go "hmmm" as soon as they see it.

That's the good thing about science. You can say "we just don't know", and continue to research it until an answer is found, or a possible theory is stated.

The UFO situation and Exorcisms are completely different. No one starts their day saying "I'm going to see a UFO today...better bring my good camera." There ARE people who wake up and say "I am going to perform an exorcism today." It would be awesome if they could continue the conversation with themselves and say "....I am getting my HD GoPro, a psychologist, and a third party. Let's go out and try to change the world.....at the very least, validate my religion."

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by KidOK

There are a few actually...

Demon possession & exorcism

pardon the cheese videos posted by others... I'll find the other one I know of

Here we are

edit on 7-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)
I've seen thisi video several times. I get chills whenever the priest asks her how can you prove if the devil exists, and she/it responds, gives me chills.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Even if there was an authentic exorcism here with the Pope saying its authentic, this guy wouldn't believe it.

Bottom line, no real way of proving possession exist. It comes down to ones faith, you can't believe in God without believing in evil or just the supernatural. I have had experiences but without video it's just talk.

Lookup most authentic exorcism video I posted here a few weeks ago.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

i have to disagree w you there. i am very close with God( although i dont deserve it) and very spiritual. i feel things around me and may be an empath, which is only somewhat relevant if at all. i recently met a girl because i felt she was similar to me in many ways i asked for her number. it turns out she has numerous items in her room from off the back of a truck, except this truck was only carrying items from those who have passed on. items included books, tarot cards, statues, cerimonial masks and tons of other things. Anyway after getting these items she became interested more in thee ocult and energy. long story short, i started praying with her sometimes and she was fine w it, she said the words with me. then one day were hangin out in her car and i felt a weird energy all of a sudden so i started praying and when i said Jesus Christ, she said dont say the f ing name around me! i said what Jesus Christ, she turned her head to me quickly with a snap at the end and repeted it while looking in my eyes( and i felt it, that this was no longer the girl i was just next to) so i kept repeating his name and she turned away from me started shaking her head back and forth and kept yelling for me to stop it! i didnt and finaly she calmed down and i felt a dif in the air, she was back and i asked her why she had said what she did. she responded by asking me about the thing right before this all happened as if she were not in the car w me at all during this. this happened one more time and once over the phone when a voice that was dif from her own told me she was no longer in the room and that whoever i was talking too locked her in the closet. The greatest thing i got from this whole experience was that whatever is doing this to her...HATES the word JESUS CHRIST and that changed me, for i doubted Christ being real, if hes not real why would this thing get so angry and weak from hearing his name? This is one of those things that once it happens to you, your a changed person upstairs and no one can change your mind back. ssl

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

While there are probably cases where exorcisms are done on mentally disturbed people, I think the opposite is much more likely.

In the case of officially sanctioned catholic exorcisms, the burden of proof that is put on the subjects prior to approval is onerous to say the least, it is not likely that they are not really possessed.

However, in the case of "psychiatric" treatments, that rarely do any good besides drugging them, there are probably many cases that aren't even necessarily obvious demonic possession that are treated as mental disorders that are actually demonic possession.

You're just looking at it from the perspective of a believer in pardigmic science. There are SO many cases of incurable "psychiatric" disorders where there is no discernible physical damage where they are just drugged and locked up for the rest of their lives that it's pathetic.

You have to learn about and understand the nature of scientific paradigm and self serving result seeking to get past the fallacy of accepting scientific "reality" so blindly that you can't look at the evidence openly.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
never mind...edit...
edit on 10-3-2014 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join