It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia sinks own ship to block Ukrainian vessels, official says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Sevastopol is the second largest port in Ukraine and is home to the Russian and Ukrainian naval commands. So yes, their is a naval base / port there.

But according to the report it was not in Sevastopol BUT as it is claimed in:

Russian ships early Wednesday pulled the anti-submarine vessel Ochakov out of a naval junkyard and sunk it in Donuzlav Lake, near the city of Novoozerne on the Crimean Peninsula,

So look at the damn map before you shoot your mouth off.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by Nyiah

Would you like a list of blockades perpetrated by both the US and the UK?

I would love to see that list. While you're at it, make sure and detail on each of those if it was in time of, or a point to war. Also, I would like to know the specifics as to why each blockade was carried out. I know of such a list. Let's compare. You first...

As far as I remember, I never heard of the US sinking a ship to block a country from leaving and telling them that they should join our fleet and change their loyalty. I've heard of countries just giving up to us, but never ever the way that is done here. That would be as though we surrounded Japan and said... Hey! Join our fleets so your countries fleet is no more! If not.. we'll go away, but the sunken ship blocking you will remain... Because we have an interest in your country that once belonged to us.. that we gave back.. But we still own because we say so.

...all your base now belong to us!

edit on 7-3-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

MysterX

The militia have their own Russian spec hardware, always have had and extra hardware is always available on the black market in situations like this.

Including GAZ Tigr. Really? Someone ought to inform the Russian Minister of Defence?

Here we see the black market GAZ Tigr being deployed after coming off the black market landing ship. Amazing what you can get from surplus stores these days!

That guy in the surplus store is doing a roaring trade with the "Crimean self-defence forces"

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

SLAYER69
It's marvelous to know people of this mentality are on Putins side.
Very telling.

You know, if you knew just how Federal Reserve and their buddies are through QE program robbing you of your own money. And in fact will soon make Americans good 60% poorer.

You'd be against them too. Do you truly believe that I love Putin, NO, I love the fact that enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And also it just happens that Russia has a national central bank, not a private one that prints money with debt attached.

So yeah, I am one of those sons of B***** who has a real beef with western central banks. And I state that openly.
edit on 7-3-2014 by AntiPrivateWestBankers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Guenter

Xcathdra

Guenter
Have you cared looking at the Map & Satellite image of the said reason? Other than an abandoned fighter base there is very little of military installations. The whole lake with its few anchoring places looks more like being a ship scrap yard than any true base for an active "Fleet". I seen many banana republics with better Naval facilities for their 3 fishing boats converted to gun-ship

If its that worthless then why did Russia invade it? You don't send in 30k troops / blockade a harbor for crappy infrastructure.

Who says they even did it? Just because some pissed off Ukrainian officer says so does it make it a fact? Where are the Pictures of the "blocked" entrance? Care to look at the damn map and tell me if one little mine sweeper can block such a wide entrance?

Coordinates: 45,-19, 36.43 N - 32, - 59, 14.41 E

You made claims that were not true so I again ask - If its that worthless then why did Russia invade it? You don't send in 30k troops / blockade a harbor for crappy infrastructure..

Russia sinks own ship to block Ukrainian vessels, official says

Whats the difference between Crimea and Chechnya?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yusomad
So you mean underhanded tactics are only legit if they are commited by westerners?
I was going to elaborate more but its pointless, blinders are doing their job.

Actually it would have been nice to see you"elaborate"once.Oh so wise with 4 day old membership.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

And again I say WELL DONE RUSSIA

If NATO wants to incorporate Crimean ships and army bases into New Ukrainian NATO, I am sure Putin is sorry to disappoint them.

In fact, he is probably crying about it now

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiPrivateWestBankers

AND

Russia robbing their neighbor solves this...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Guenter

Xcathdra

Sevastopol is the second largest port in Ukraine and is home to the Russian and Ukrainian naval commands. So yes, their is a naval base / port there.

But according to the report it was not in Sevastopol BUT as it is claimed in:

Russian ships early Wednesday pulled the anti-submarine vessel Ochakov out of a naval junkyard and sunk it in Donuzlav Lake, near the city of Novoozerne on the Crimean Peninsula,

So look at the damn map before you shoot your mouth off.

My mistake on stating Sevastopol - sorry

As for how can the ship block the harbor - Do you know what a vessel draft is? There are naval bases that require channels to be dredged in order for larger ships to pass thru. It can also have the effect of making the passage so small that naval vessels are unable to bypass the ship. Take your pick on which one you want to go with.

All it takes is sinking one Russian ship at that location and ships cannot get out.

Area in question -

Channel block

What is the difference between Crimea and Chechnya?
edit on 7-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ukrainia has never had self determination thanks to its belligerent neighbor.Russia cares about its naval base,not a damn about Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

SLAYER69
Russia robbing their neighbor solves this...

You can't rob your own house.

60-70 % of Crimeans are Russians and want to be part of Russia. Referendum is in days.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Here we see a Crimean Self Defence Force soldier wondering why western media is taking a photograph of the Russian plated GAZ Tigr!

The "Crimean Self Defence Force" know where the GAZ Tigrs are so why not the Russian Minister of Defence? It' is non-sense that there are Russian military plated and that the media have photographs was the cry from the Minister.

Perhaps you can keep him abreast of where his nice new shiny GAZ Tigrs actually are?

eng.mil.ru...

eng.mil.ru...

The farce continues!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

TDawg61
Ukrainia has never had self determination thanks to its belligerent neighbor.Russia cares about its naval base,not a damn about Ukraine.

And I suppose You care about Ukraine ??
If you do, send a donation to banker technocrat appointed as a new Ukraine Leader.
PS: he is already multi millionaire.

PSS: he is about to privatize Ukraine resources, the hidden hand of Western Business will buy it for pennies.

I guess everyone cares about Ukraine these days

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Xcathdra

All it takes is sinking one Russian ship at that location and ships cannot get out.

If you don't put your navy out to sea in time of crisis, your own fault. And the navy base there is not with the heavy hitting ships, so nothing to worry about. Since the loyalty of the Ukrainian military is questionable, some are pro Russian some are Pro Nazis, it makes complete sense. Don't forget that the so called "revolutionary new government" is Pro Nazi and no sane Russian will let these bastards get away with it. So if you are rooting for the Nazis, go ahead.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

AntiPrivateWestBankers
You can't rob your own house.

60-70 % of Crimeans are Russians and want to be part of Russia. Referendum is in days.

I still haven't heard nor seen or read for that matter anything in any real legitimate fashion where Russia can justify all this military hardware if Crimeans are so willing to go with Russia? NATO so far outside of spewing Rhetoric hasn't really moved squat.

Sounds like and wreaks of Putin being paranoid because he knows what they're doing is wrong.
edit on 7-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Guenter

Xcathdra

If you don't put your navy out to sea in time of crisis, your own fault. And the navy base there is not with the heavy hitting ships, so nothing to worry about. Since the loyalty of the Ukrainian military is questionable, some are pro Russian some are Pro Nazis, it makes complete sense. Don't forget that the so called "revolutionary new government" is Pro Nazi and no sane Russian will let these bastards get away with it. So if you are rooting for the Nazis, go ahead.

That's not the point, which seems to be a reoccurring theme lately.

The vessels belong to Ukraine.
The Crimea is a part of Ukraine (They didn't have their vote yet)
It does not matter what type of military vessels they are, they were intentionally blocked in / blockaded.
There was no crisis in the Crimean region, aside from Russia's invasion of it.

Feel free to support your Nazi claim for the Ukrainian government.

What is the difference between Crimea and Chechnya?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

AntiPrivateWestBankers

TDawg61

And I suppose You care about Ukraine ??
If you do, send a donation to banker technocrat appointed as a new Ukraine Leader.
PS: he is already multi millionaire.

PSS: he is about to privatize Ukraine resources, the hidden hand of Western Business will buy it for pennies.

I guess everyone cares about Ukraine these days

Link to your source please.

What is the difference between Chechnya and Crimea?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I'll take 'Open war and dead in the streets to the backdrop of ruined cities' for $100!

The differences are like asking about the American Civil War vs. the American Revolution. Sure..both had combat in some of the same territories and blood on the same general soil...but there the similarities come to a grinding halt, I'd say.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Feel free to support your Nazi claim for the Ukrainian government.

we been there the last few days ... but anyhow here it is ...

Link

And for the entire picture on all aspects concerning the Ukraine and other issues, just book mark this website:

Globalresearch.ca

Have a nice day ...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Xcathdra

I'll take 'Open war and dead in the streets to the backdrop of ruined cities' for $100!

The differences are like asking about the American Civil War vs. the American Revolution. Sure..both had combat in some of the same territories and blood on the same general soil...but there the similarities come to a grinding halt, I'd say.

Not the answer I am looking for. Chechnya has about 1.2 million people, and Chechens make up 93% +/-% of the population, where Russians make up 1.9% of the population. Russia refuses to allow Chechnya to revert back to a sovereign nation. They have fought 2 wars in Chechnya to prevent its independence.

So I ask again, what is the difference between Crimea and Chechnya?

The conditions being claimed for Crimea by Putin are the very same conditions in Chechnya. If Russia is so concerned about ethnic Russians living in a foreign country while espousing the virtues of a people who should be allowed to vote for independence, why do they ignore those very same positions for Chechnya.

Putin is a hypocrite.
Putin's explanation of Crimea involvement is asinine to say the least.
Even more so when he spouts off about self determination and allowing the will of the people to decide their fate - except for Chechnya.

Wiki - Chechnya

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join