It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phenomenon - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Story before video.....

STORY BEFORE FOOTAGE - So i was walking with my dog in the evening just before sunset, we were travelling into vast fields of nature to escape common modern view. By accident I found a pond. It catched my interest since i saw a waterhole in the middle of it. Usually people drills waterholes in their ponds where fish lives, at winter time, so fish can breathe. I thought i will see some fishes and stuff...

But as soon as i came closer, i noticed that it was evaporating. You can't see this in the video since i was filming with my phone which has #ty camera. When i stepped on that frozen pond, farther away from that waterhole (where i was standing) ice was 20 centimeters thick or even more. And that waterhole looked like it was melted with fire or something... You can see around that waterhole that there is snow or maybe ice particles blasted away from the center of this waterhole. What was underwater there is still unknown to me. It is not volcanic activity. In the middle of Europe there are no volcanos or underground volcanic currents. Plus water would be boiling.

There are no pipes in the middle of nowhere, so not a damaged pipe... Natural Gas or oil? Impossible, it is not hot and why only the part of this whole pond is melted just above this thing/activity-reason? I don't know anymore.

Certainly looks strange.

edit on 3/6/2014 by kosmicjack because: fixed quote

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I seen in yesterday in a compilation video, but could not find the original, well done for finding it!

I couldn't even guess what it is, it looks so freaky, he's a brave man for going onto the ice, and even braver for getting so close to that thing.

SnF

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My guess would be an artesian spring. The hole is above the actual source of the spring the water being warmer than the ret of the pond and upwelling preventing it from freezing. Pretty common in Ontario where I live.
edit on 3/6/2014 by Kukri because: typos

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It could be something as simple as an underground spring that feeds into the pond.
The water from the spring would be around 56 degrees F, so that warm water welling up would prevent the ice from freezing.
ETA:
^^ I see kukri beat me to it.^^

Good job!
edit on bu312014-03-06T07:09:11-06:0007America/ChicagoThu, 06 Mar 2014 07:09:11 -06007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Best guess is a meteor strike. It probably landed at night and punched through the ice. If the pond isn't deep and you can dive in the warmer weather, you may be able to find a very valuable prize.

Meteorites are worth bank.

edit to add: or it could be a boring old spring. But since we are speculating, I vote for fragments of an interstellar star fighter that was destroyed in the Battle of Zeta Reticuli (north side).
edit on 6-3-2014 by network dude because: Added wild theory.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
That's a wee bit freaky looking. I was going to guess that it was methane escaping, but from my limited knowledge (freely admitted in this area) it usually causes bubbles to come up to the surface. Your video didn't show any bubbles that I could see.

I certainly wouldn't want to stick a leg down there to find out either. It looks like some kind of Sci-Fi lake monster living just under the surface or something. Hopefully someone will come along with a better idea of what it is.
edit on 3/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm going with it is an artesian well with red clay underneath the silt. The temperature is keeping it down at the bottom but the fresh red lay/water is warm so it wants to come up.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Acidx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I'm astonished. Your pond has me baffled. The frog In the video indicated life isn't hibernating where the hole resides so the water is definitely warm under the ice. The way the ice around the hole looks I speculate something went through the ice and it had to of been HOT. All the uplifted ice and such. If it had melted from below to the surface there would not be any of that around the hole. As another posted if your looking to get rich bring a Geiger counter... measure the radiation.... and check out whatever is down there. Although in the video the pond looks no deeper than a foot or so but you have no depth perception in videos.

My 2 Cents.
Bring us some good news in the SPRING!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Someone should go back out there, and stick a thermometer in the water. Im sure this is not that far out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The creature from the Black Lagoon! You should poke it with a stick, see what comes out. Be careful.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
That was really neat! I've never seen anything like that.
I would think a spring too, but why wouldn't it be steady, instead of...not? The pressure?

Very cool anyway that someone actually got it on video.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

i agree about the hot spring, we have plenty near timmins. but what the hell is the red stuff in the center. Ive never seen that in any of our springs. Maybe the guy can go back and poke it with a stick..... haha primitive i know.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

That is a really cool, yet creepy video. I'm going to have to suspect that is an artesian spring feeding that pond. One thing I don't understand is if that is clay at the bottom, why doesn't the water get cloudy as the spring water comes up?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

you do pose a good theory. it could very well be a meteorite. I seen a small one come crashing through the atmosphere last night. It landed somewhere in the bush maybe a few dozen kms outside of timmins. There was no fire or bright explosion so im assuming it either burnt up completely or it was really tiny when it landed.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

w8tn4it
You should poke it with a stick

Daver2056
Maybe the guy can go back and poke it with a stick

Seriously. The whole time I'm going "please go get a stick and poke at it"

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadGhost

I saw video of a couple of kids coming up on a dude laying in the street. Poking him with a stick was their first option, too.

Something about humans, and poking things with sticks.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I would hypothesize that it is some natural phenomenon, such as heated gas escaping from underground, or possibly a thermal spring. But I thought thermal springs were all volcanic in origin, so I don't know if that is correct. But obviously the source is coming from under the ice. I wonder how deep the water is at that point. Also, are there any notable geological features in your area? Something that maybe could be used to help identify what might cause something like this?

You know what you could do, is ask the old-timers around the area. Old people know a lot of stuff, lol. I would be willing to bet that they may have seen something like this before, especially if they've spent their entire lives around the same area.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

People posting on You tube are stupid to use foul language. It can only decrease
the number of hits a video can abtain. As it becomes a no no for certain sites.
Like a deese swan.
edit on 6-3-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I followed the comments down on the video link and the user that uploaded the video later indicated he could see gaseous vapors, but the camera did not pick them up.

BruchoMetal4Ever1 month ago

+Bernard Coldwell Well i could go back there and see if that things is still there, but i got sick the next day after i filmed it so, i don't want to go back there just right now. Plus, when you look at it with your own eyes it looks in a way scary. I have showed this video to lots of people, people who should have a clue of what it might be, but they were as shocked as i was. This whole waterhole was evaporating, i could see gas coming from it, that is why i pulled my hand over it to see if it was hot, but it wasn't. Sadly you can't see with this camera that it was evaporating too. But still it is not volcanic. No steaming bubbles, and it is centered, self contained, some kind strange physics work there, it pulls dirt and mud over it, and pulls it away, as if it has a shape, or form. I am still unclear of what that might be.

video link again, since I'm quoting from the page

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Daver2056
reply to post by Kukri

i agree about the hot spring, we have plenty near timmins. but what the hell is the red stuff in the center. Ive never seen that in any of our springs. Maybe the guy can go back and poke it with a stick..... haha primitive i know.

I am confused by all the hot springs coments, if you have ever seen a warm or hot spring you would know that you would see some of that fine silt shooting up and or the warmer water makes a rippled effect you can watch as the warm water comes into the cold...on top of that each pulse we see should have some fine matter mixing into the water especially if there is red clay! there would be some cloudy water either in the form of a small jet or just over the rising water!

I was also raised around hot and warm springs...I think you are all missing something.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join