It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phenomenon - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

People posting on You tube are stupid to use foul language. It can only decrease
the number of hits a video can abtain. As it becomes a no no for certain sites.
Like a deese swan.
edit on 6-3-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

So true Randyvs! I often wonder that people don't realize that, if you can't control your words when recording, best to have no sound.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah, there's something more than a simple hot spring there... actually watch the video. The red, pulsing mass looks like a huge mollusk... and it's not "clay," as there is NO diffusion like there would be if it were disturbed red clay/sediment... it's a continuous red mass and it looks friggin biological. A slime mold? An unknown, or rare, European mollusk? Probably, but either way, way cool!

On the weird end, maybe it's a creature that came with a meteor... and that reminds me of some personal weirdness...

When I was a kid in Illinois in the 1970's, there was a spectacular meteorite shower and the next morning there were several off-white, crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, masses of goo slowly pulsing and moving up the wood pillars on our front porch. They only moved an inch or four in an hour, always going up, and the largest was the size of a basketball while the smallest was golf-ball sized (though they were mounds, not complete spheres).

They looked like mounds of bread dough, even down to the crusty exterior, but they "pulsed" in unison... about four pulses a minute. Anyway, it was a cloudy morning and they evaporated when the mid-day sun finally broke through, like a bunch of shroomy vampires.

Before they vanished, a group of college kids from the Uni of Chicago showed up in the neighborhood and took samples?!

They said they'd been called by a neighbor who noticed them and had a biology background and had never seen the like before, so had called the University... so I guess they were spread through our neighborhood.

However, we never knew who called those kids, or even IF they were really college kids... and never heard anything else about it or what the samples told them. There might have been a small town newspaper story about this... but I'm fuzzy on that.

ETA and the college group were the ones who said "Maybe they came in with the meteor shower last night?" and laughed. We hadn't put it together with that possibility until then, or maybe I was being sheltered from the possibility of an alien slime invasion until the college kid opened his mouth.

edit on 3/6/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
CharLee, Baddogma...i agree...

There would be mixing of mud/clay with warm water. It would not keep cohesion. This does. It almost appears as breathing.

If it was lava it would be steaming...so it's defo not that hot. And the frog swimming suggests "breathable atmosphere".

edit on 6-3-2014 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Good points. So WTF is that?

edit on 6-3-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It looks like what could be one of those orange plasma orbs ( which have been reported to have flown into water) that has 'shrunk' itself into a dense goo like substance.

Witness did say it looked like it was evaporating although the camera didn't pick it up. But if it's really hot, the little frog wouldn't be so calm,I also thought I saw a terrapin or turtle .

On the other hand i get a niggling feeling that it looks a little fake.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Did anyone see the frog?

It's at 1 minute and 27 seconds into the vid, and can be seen for 2 to 3 seconds, as well as a brief look early on. Lower right quadrant.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Yeah, it was pretty obvious, also mentioned by another poster on page one as well.

I'd be more inclined to agree with an artesian spring, but what we are seeing is that the warmer water has created a huge mass of algae because of the nutrients it brings and higher temps. The algae has formed a big blanket/mat which is fairly common as the warmer water is speeding it's growth and nitrogens are like adding fuel to a fire. The clutter on top is due to the normal slow currents of water in the pond which has over time deposited dirt/silt/twigs etc which get's trapped in the algae mat mostly sitting on top. As the heated water builds it eventually bursts through the algae mat showing the reddish coloured algae (yes algae blooms come in all colours) with the detristis pushed to the side, once the hot water escapes, the algae flops back into the hole and pulls the gunk back in again. Repeat.

edit on 6-3-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
>>
I speculate something went through the ice
>>

How do you conclude something "went through the ice"? What speaks against that the the ice never froze shut in the first place?

The frog gives it away that the water is warm...so I wouldn't know what else it would be but a warm underwater spring. Certainly something you don't see every day, especially in Summer you wouldn't even notice it....but not anything remotely "mysterious" or paranormal.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'd be curious as to if the water level has gone down in the pond since this video was shot. If it has, could this be the start of a sink hole? I'm not really well versed on the subject, but could it be an air pocket cracked a small opening under the pond and there is a vacuum being created? Some water getting sucked into the air pocket underground, warmer air getting pushed back up creating a slight temperature increase in the water along with the red clay cloud that appears and seems to get sucked back down.

As I said, not very knowledgeable on the subject, but it reminded me of when you use a plunger on a sink.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Baddogma
Yeah, there's something more than a simple hot spring there... actually watch the video. The red, pulsing mass looks like a huge mollusk... and it's not "clay," as there is NO diffusion like there would be if it were disturbed red clay/sediment... it's a continuous red mass and it looks friggin biological. A slime mold? An unknown, or rare, European mollusk? Probably, but either way, way cool!

On the weird end, maybe it's a creature that came with a meteor... and that reminds me of some personal weirdness...

When I was a kid in Illinois in the 1970's, there was a spectacular meteorite shower and the next morning there were several off-white, crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, masses of goo slowly pulsing and moving up the wood pillars on our front porch. They only moved an inch or four in an hour, always going up, and the largest was the size of a basketball while the smallest was golf-ball sized (though they were mounds, not complete spheres).

They looked like mounds of bread dough, even down to the crusty exterior, but they "pulsed" in unison... about four pulses a minute. Anyway, it was a cloudy morning and they evaporated when the mid-day sun finally broke through, like a bunch of shroomy vampires.

Before they vanished, a group of college kids from the Uni of Chicago showed up in the neighborhood and took samples?!

They said they'd been called by a neighbor who noticed them and had a biology background and had never seen the like before, so had called the University... so I guess they were spread through our neighborhood.

However, we never knew who called those kids, or even IF they were really college kids... and never heard anything else about it or what the samples told them. There might have been a small town newspaper story about this... but I'm fuzzy on that.

ETA and the college group were the ones who said "Maybe they came in with the meteor shower last night?" and laughed. We hadn't put it together with that possibility until then, or maybe I was being sheltered from the possibility of an alien slime invasion until the college kid opened his mouth.

edit on 3/6/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

Crazy... you've just told a very similar story to my friend who saw bright glowing balls one evening. 3 to be exact. Probably the size of a basketball or football (soccer)..... they were moving up a neighbors wall, the burglar light came on and then she could no longer see them. Sounds kinda similar to what you explained. Not sure if there was a meteor shower at the time though...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The orange mass in the middle is most likely iron oxide otherwise known as rust
If this is a spring that flows up through iron bearing rocks the iron oxide will dissolve in the water being quite heavy it will accumulate around the mouth of the spring . As the spring water filters through this rust mass the water pressure rises and lowers slightly this moves the leaf litter on the bottom of the pool exposing the rusty colored bed below.

I’ve seen this kind of rust build up in streams beds many times before but its more obvious in flowing water as there isn’t the debris on a stream bed that you get in ponds.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

which get's trapped in the algae mat mostly sitting on top. As the heated water builds it eventually bursts through the algae mat showing the reddish coloured algae (yes algae blooms come in all colours) with the detristis pushed to the side, once the hot water escapes, the algae flops back into the hole and pulls the gunk back in again. Repeat.

In such a case there will always be bubbles.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

NoRulesAllowed
>>
I speculate something went through the ice
>>

How do you conclude something "went through the ice"? What speaks against that the the ice never froze shut in the first place?

The frog gives it away that the water is warm...so I wouldn't know what else it would be but a warm underwater spring. Certainly something you don't see every day, especially in Summer you wouldn't even notice it....but not anything remotely "mysterious" or paranormal.

I agree with you, if the ice were being kept open by a warm area, the ice around the edge should be smooth not shattered.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

lynn112
I'd be curious as to if the water level has gone down in the pond since this video was shot. If it has, could this be the start of a sink hole? I'm not really well versed on the subject, but could it be an air pocket cracked a small opening under the pond and there is a vacuum being created? Some water getting sucked into the air pocket underground, warmer air getting pushed back up creating a slight temperature increase in the water along with the red clay cloud that appears and seems to get sucked back down.

As I said, not very knowledgeable on the subject, but it reminded me of when you use a plunger on a sink.

Sounds like an interesting theory based on all the sinkhole opening now days..

I am think "The Blob".

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Kukri
My guess would be an artesian spring. The hole is above the actual source of the spring the water being warmer than the ret of the pond and upwelling preventing it from freezing. Pretty common in Ontario where I live.
edit on 3/6/2014 by Kukri because: typos
I bet that frog is loving the warmer water as its swimming by

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

edit on 6-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Very strange video indeed. At first, I thought it was some kind of underwater hot spring. I kept waiting for whatever material it was to surface. At one point I thought it looked like a creature of some sort. Unfortunately, like all of these really cool phenomenons, it can and will be explained.
But so far I am not convinced.

If this is some type of underwater hot spring (that somehow is not producing bubbles), does anyone know of similar footage we can compare it with?
edit on 6-3-2014 by misoginger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Now check this out?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Equally awesome, but obviously not what we are looking at. I have definitely seen that video before. I don't see how that could turn into a sinkhole. I wish someone could explain it! I have been looking and can not find a similar video.
edit on 6-3-2014 by misoginger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
Did anyone see the frog?

It's at 1 minute and 27 seconds into the vid, and can be seen for 2 to 3 seconds, as well as a brief look early on. Lower right quadrant.

Makes me wonder if the red mass is a cluster of frog eggs caught in an artesian well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join