It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope announces there is no hell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No Adam and Eve, No hell, all religions are right! Woman are to be ordained priests and even become Pope.
Big Changes!!

The church no longer believes in a literal hell.
Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”

thecelestialconvergence.blogspot.com... p_recent

Funny the hell part is what JW's and many others have always been teaching an derided for all these years!
So if there is no Adam and Eve and God never walked in the garden with them how much do they believe how do they conclude any of it is true I wonder!
edit on 5-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Geez... I've been saying that for years... Get with it you folks!

. Today, we no longer judge.

LOL... be sure to tell your members that

Like a loving father, we never condemn our children.

Straight from my posts... I think this pope is creeping me on ATS

Hell is Incompatible with a loving Creator

I like this guy... S&F

edit on 5-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

please provide a primary source for this claim - as it is disputed by many sources

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

please provide a primary source for this claim - as it is disputed by many sources

Hum I thought this was a trusted source, I am not sure now, sure a large lie if it is one! I will search...

edit on 5-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If the Catholics cannot see that this guy is half whacked out of his skill - they are STUPID.

He says there is no Hell and all will be reunited with God - couple that with all religions being right - so why have the catholic religion at all? seems to me, the Dope er.. i mean pope just made all of that cult ( The Catholic Church) null and void.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

your OP source is anything but credible , and to be blunt :

IF pope francis had made the statements your OP claims - it would be picked up by EVER major news outlet and religious commentator

but just for #2 and giggles - one question - when was this speech given , where , and to whom [ audeience ] ?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

you are assuming the OP claim is true - any evidence ????

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

....this... Moses that.... Abraham hit me with a wiffle ball bat.

just call the whole thing off.
A lot more peoples sundays will be freer

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I love, this Pope. This Pope, I love.

Think there will be a Catholic revolution? I guarantee he's going to get poisoned.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

I cannot verify will someone have the thread removed until we know if this is true. I have to leave for a bit...thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Every star system has a "literal hell" or how is it put-- "The fire that is never quenched"?

Its the star at the center.

Only good apples leave their birth star, the rest get unmade in hell fire… and thats literally… forever.

…so be good for goodness sakes.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yes, this was a satirical hoax piece originating here on December 5, 2013. The website does have a disclaimer that indicates the content is mostly satirical.

Sure would be nice if true, but alas....it is not.

Edit add: also found this debunking article from The Hoax Slayer site Has alot more details and evidence regarding this being a hoax. Just an extra FYI.
edit on 3 5 2014 by CynConcepts because: Extra info

edit on 3 5 2014 by CynConcepts because: Spelling correction

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Try to tell that to the people who live in Hell Michigan....they will just laugh at you.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I absolutely love this Pope.
He gets it, he knows the bible is all allegory, symbolism and fear-mongering.
He's come out and spoken the truth on so many issues.

It's a shame that most followers don't think like him and it's sad that many see him as odd or radical.
He is speaking the truth on many religious issues and he realizes the bible is outdated and mostly nonsense.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow.

I'm wiping the sweat off my brow.

If any person was headed for hell it was yours truly.

Don't get me wrong I don't molest children or rape people I don't hurt animals, I don't even hunt.

I will admit to doing things I'm not proud about. Once I, well there was this guy and........nevermind this isn't confession.

Take care.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't need the Pope to know there's no Hell. 404

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
and with this thread : critical thinking on ATS died

EDIT to add :

its not even a current hoax :

debunked , December 2013

wallow in ignorance much ?
edit on 5-3-2014 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

lol were talking about hell here...

Critical thinking was out the door with its invention

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I presume they kinda realized in today's world is not easy to believe that by digging the ground we gonna finally reach a huge firey chamber with torture devices and tall red demons stirring up boiling cauldrons.

No more Hell, in Middle Age terms.

PS - I used to like it, though

edit on 5/3/14 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It's not something new, Pope John Paul II said the same pre-millenium, " hell was not a physical place"

Just to add, Pope Francis has talked about good people outside of the church. It was widely interpreted as including atheists.

copy and paste the URL and close the gap

http ://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/catholic-church-confirms-atheists-still-go-to-hell-after-pope-francis-suggests-they-might-go-to-heaven-8634 479.html

There are no papers covering the Op's particular story.

edit on 5-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text link.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join