It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope announces there is no hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The title of another article on the same site;

COSMIC MELANIN, THE DARK MATTER PARADIGM: The Archetypal Ordered Synchronicities of the Numbers 4, 13, 44, 8, 16 and 17 - President Obama and the Rise of the El'MUURians, the Ka'Ma'ats, the Moors, Blackness, the Matrix Construct, the Priest Class, Order and Chaos, the Law of Ma'at, and the Doorway to Spiritual Ascension! PART 2

In other words, not a standard source of information about Catholic matters.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

No hell?

If this is an actual announcement from The Vatican, on cursory inspection, I find the correlation between a sudden rise in fornicating in the streets, devil worship, and all in all generalized mayhem it seems has been the attitude of religious authorities that the threat of Hell was holding back and keeping people from participating in to be ...

ZERO.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

ignorant_ape
and with this thread : critical thinking on ATS died

EDIT to add :

its not even a current hoax :

debunked , December 2013

wallow in ignorance much ?
edit on 5-3-2014 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)
were talking about hell a place no one can prove exists. Just what critical thinking is required with esoteric subjects. Now as to whether the pope said this yes that is very questionable.
edit on PMu31u0331054312014-03-05T14:54:37-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on PM000000310000000331056312014-03-05T14:56:02-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

ignorant_ape

EDIT to add :

its not even a current hoax :

debunked , December 2013

wallow in ignorance much ?
edit on 5-3-2014 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

ignorant_ape

AutumnWitch657: were talking about hell a place no one can prove exists. Just what critical thinking is required with esoteric subjects.
edit on PMu31u0331054312014-03-05T14:54:37-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

Agree AW657! And sometimes critical thinking needs to be critically thought too...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

No hell?

If this is an actual announcement from The Vatican, on cursory inspection, I find the correlation between a sudden rise in fornicating in the streets, devil worship, and all in all generalized mayhem it seems has been the attitude of religious authorities that the threat of Hell was holding back and keeping people from participating in to be ...

ZERO.

Pope John paul said it in 1999, that story WAS mainstream news,

www.cbc.ca...

The story here is a fabrication, probably an elaboration on the 1999 story.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Pope announces there is no hell

They just found that out?? ooooookay....

Seriously though, I think that whole thing is a hoax and Francis has never said that. Viral out of nothing.

On a curious note, I wonder how many people still believe in an actual Hell in 2014..burning for eternity..

Fairy tales. Pure and simple.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

There is no need for discussion on this thread at all.

Here is what the Catholic catechism has to say on hell

1035 The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, "eternal fire."617 The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs.

The OP source is pure bunk and I believe when John Paul spoke of it, he meant hell is not a physical place i.e. you can't put coordinates in your GPS and go looking for it. He means hell is more of a place for the soul, not the physical body. Think of the terror most of us have felt as young children when we were somewhere like a dept store and we got lost and couldn't find our parents. That is the kind of hell the pope was trying to describe

In fact, from the link kindly provided above, the following quote clarifies perectly.

The Pope isn't saying there's no hell at all. He's saying that hell is the state of eternal torment a soul ends up in when it cuts itself off from God.

edit on 5-3-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Finally. Some truth. Adam and Eve is a metaphoric story and has been used to put so much suffering in the world, real women in Scotland, for example, who gave birth and were administered herbs for the pain, burnt at the steak as soon as their babes were weaned. Hideous things done in the name of this lie.

The Bible is metaphor and hides the eastern beliefs and metaphysics, awakening, refinement from lower mind to higher mind and the ascension, which isn't leaving earth, it merely means, operating from an aware and connected to Higher Self and Creator state, ie becoming a Buddha.

Its a private inner way back home, not meant to be used as outer. The 3 judaic religions, those that came off them, when practiced fundamentally are beast. Outer is beast. God does not murder people, for Love does not give up on anyone ever.

He's wrong on the abyss, hell, time out, its just not permanent and Light is there, God is there, Family is there until the person realizes it and starts to rise up. There are levels of being shut off from God within and extreme psychopaths always blame their victims. NDE's have shown that they don't go up, its frequency matches, from winterland, hellzones with layers of how bad it gets, to summerland, heavenly eutopia zones. There is a frequency match that takes place. If you're on the lower frequency of harming others, gravity and black hole type frequency, you're not able to go higher for a time.

In Hebrew, the fires wasn't an eternal torture chamber, but was the refinery, the purification of souls. Akin to perfect knowledge where the mud is taken off, the distortions and errors.

All go home though.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
By the way, I've written posts where i was told not to tell the truth, got written to. Not to say that everyone makes it home, because if people don't believe in Augustines lie about permanent hell, and for hundreds after Christ, no one believed in permanent hell. But if you don't scare people, they won't try to improve, they'll all combust in sin.

Well let me tell ya, the problem I have with that so called, necessary lie, is that in its nature it bears FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THE LOVE THAT MOM/DAD/GOD HAVE FOR US, AND VIOLATES THEM.

It turns God into an evil being.

Sorry, will not allow anyone to bear false witness against Mom and Dad, I actually remember home somewhat. Will not do that. There are consequences, there is a frequency match, some people due to forgiveness and really getting it, avoid that because no one wants anyone to suffer, when there is always a better way to overcome harming others or sins, or errors.

But, this idea that is prevalent in Church's is a sin beyond belief to believe in. It makes God into the opposite of Love.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Char-Lee
No Adam and Eve, No hell, all religions are right! Woman are to be ordained priests and even become Pope.
Big Changes!!

The church no longer believes in a literal hell.
Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.”

“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”

thecelestialconvergence.blogspot.com... p_recent

Funny the hell part is what JW's and many others have always been teaching an derided for all these years!
So if there is no Adam and Eve and God never walked in the garden with them how much do they believe how do they conclude any of it is true I wonder!
edit on 5-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Typical business move. If you want more profit appeal to a larger audience/consumer base. Churches, the business of GOD. Wow.

edit on 352014 by Holographicmeat because: added

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Found an article clarifying on what he ment when he said what he said not that there was no hell but that hell did not exist in this dimension but in another dimension basically.

www.cbc.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join