It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Turkey has stated that they support the current Ukrainian borders aswell as Crimea remaining a part of Ukraine.

Will be interesting to see if they will block exit to the Black Sea in support of Ukraine.

Ukranian Foreign Minister at the UN stated accurately in his presentation in refernce to Russian remarks, " Russia stated they have an interest in protecting Russian speaking populations in Ukraine, not ethnic Russians, but anyone that speaks Russian. That means if any of you here in the UN can speak Russian, Russia feels obliged to protect you".

Utter lunacy from the Russians.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Anyone has the live update link from RT. Seems to have vanished.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Well rt.com still work here even rt.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Thank you for the information from both posts. I did not realize that Germany was that involved in Ukraine...geez, didn't they have enough fun there in the '40s?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

I mean the live news update with texts with timestamps. They had it earlier labeled Ukraine Turmoil. Cant find it anywhere now.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Secretary-General's remarks after speaking with Russian President Vladimir Putin

I have just spoken directly with Russian President Vladimir Putin by telephone.
I told him that I am closely following the serious and rapidly unfolding developments in Ukraine.
I am gravely concerned by some of the recent events in particular those that could in any way compromise the unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country.
It is crucial to restore calm and proceed to an immediate de-escalation of the situation.
Cool heads must prevail and dialogue must be the only tool in ending this crisis.
I appealed to President Putin to urgently engage in direct dialogue with the authorities in Kiev.

UN.org

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I found this, but I have no clue what he is saying...

A translation would be real nice.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Pic of Obama talking on the phone with Putin here. Taken from Al Jazeera live feed.
edit on 1/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Its a live web channel here. Impossible for me to translate in real time. It was very famous during the anti Janukovich protests as TV was sensored. I remember staying awake all night watching Espresso TV online to get live views of the Maidan in kiev.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You can tell he means business since he has his sleeved rolled up, blue jeans on and a hand on his hip. Putin's getting a helluva tongue lashing from the POTUS...I'm sure those troops will be leaving in no time.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
We all have to remember that Putin and Obama are just puppets for the string pullers. The string pullers have been using the same tactic from both sides. When the US was 'interfering' in Libya, Egypt Syria etc, Russia was saying that the US shouldn't 'interfere'. Now that Russia is 'interfering' with Ukraine, the US is now saying that Russia shouldn't 'interfere'. They both feed off each other, and they both rly on each other. This 'battle for supremacy' between the US and Russia is orchestrated and the string pullers do not care if Russians, Ukrainians or Americans are killed by any conflict that this may lead to. When the string pullers have a clear agenda of decreasing the global population, then they do not care which nations citizens are used as pawns to further their agenda.

Putin and Obama are playing the war of words that political puppets are designed to do. And one thing you can be sure of if it all blows up into war is.................neither Putin or Obama will face any criminal charges, and will not be fighting in any frontlines. And if it does get to the stage of all out war, then the only people that win are the string pullers and their agenda. Think about it. Putin and Obama retire to the even better life, millions if not billions die, and the string pullers move onto their next agenda.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

asen_y2k
Pic of Obama talking on the phone with Putin here. Taken from Al Jazeera live feed.

That photo is also on the front page of CNN

www.cnn.com...

link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Why don't they ever reveal ,.putins,reply?

link   

The U.S. wants to send an international mission to Crimea

The Russian intervention in the Crimea has no legal basis and should be stopped.
This was stated by U.S. Ambassador to the UN Security Council Samantha Power in his speech at a meeting of the UN Security Council with the Ukrainian issue on Saturday night, reports "Interfax-Ukraine" .
"It is time to put an end to the Russian invasion of Ukraine", - said envoy.
Power said that Russia should immediately get in touch with the Government of Ukraine.
In addition, the U.S. side promises that international observers from the UN and the OSCE in Ukraine and Russia offers to actively participate in both structures.
"In Ukraine, should be immediately reported to international observers, including the UN and the OSCE," - said the U.S. ambassador.
"Immediate dissemination of international observers to the Crimea reduce tension ... We are working to prepare an international mediation mission in the Crimea, to promote dialogue," - added Power.
In turn, the British side expressed its "deep concern about the increasing tension and the fact that Russia's parliament has authorized military action on the territory of Ukraine."
"We condemn all acts of aggression against Ukraine", - said the British Ambassador to the UN Security Grant abused.
"The UK supports the current government of Ukraine, assures commitment to the territorial integrity and supports the request for urgent consultations under the Budapest Agreement between the U.S., Britain, Russia and Ukraine. We see no reason why can not be carried out following consultation" - he said during speech.
In turn, the representative of France, speaking at a meeting of the UN Security Council, said that "today we can not ask Ukraine to choose between East and West - before it led to two wars on the continent."
"Approving the invasion - a threat to the integrity of Ukraine and peace in the country", - said the Ambassador of France to the UN Security Gerard Aro, noting that the French side will try to find a political solution to the situation.
He called on the Ukrainian authorities "to take all measures for the smooth coexistence of all communities while respecting the concerns of Russia."
The Federation Council on March 1 unanimously passed a resolution in which the President of the Russian Federation has agreed to the use of armed forces on the territory of Ukraine to the normalization of the socio-political situation in the country.
As Speaker of the Federation Council Valentina Matviyenko, the decision shall take effect upon its adoption.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
reply to post by iamhobo

Why don't they ever reveal ,.putins,reply?

I have been thinking about that all along, not one single word.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Obama has stated he will not be agttending the next G8 meeting in protest....really? Gee, what a statement.

If Reagan was alive and in power now, he'd mobilize all US troops round the world to put forth a major statement of intent and protest against Putin.

Obama has no balls to put on the table. Times like this we need action....not more lines in the sand.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
2nd July, first time in the history, Aerosmiths Play in Ukraine. Yup thats in the news too

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Its a live web channel here. Impossible for me to translate in real time.

Well I had to ask.

Just keep doing what your doing, because it is always nice to hear what is going from the inside.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

that one ? rt.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Obama has no balls to put on the table.

That's because the first lady has them locked away in a secure area under heavy guard.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join