It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Make Announcement on Ukraine at 4:45 EST (Video & Transcript)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I think Barack just drew a red line that was crossed before he said it, seriously.

What a joke!!! Where is our military???
edit on 28-2-2014 by slunteri because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2014 by slunteri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Yes, what the optimists ought to be hoping for is negotiated partition into two separate states, because that's the best outcome we can realistically expect.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

rigel4
Crimea is lost...end off
Lets hope sanity engages before troops start pouring into
mainland Ukraine.

Whats next a move by China on Taiwan or the Japanese Islands.

Absolutely NOT!

China might get a very stern letter with lots of (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and some very cross words (maybe even a swear or two!) from Obama!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

whyamIhere
Let me guess....Blah Blah Blah

Putin will do what he wants.

The United States will not do a damn thing.

Why should the US do anything? The Ukraine isn't part of America so it's none of Americas business.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
From Twitter Feed
Kateryna_Kruk ‏@Kateryna_Kruk 6m
"deeply concerned" must be most hated words in UA right now.we remember too well to what such concerns brought us last week.

Adin of Crimea ‏@RealCrimea 8m
Note to #Ukraine #Crimea: Read #Obama #USA speech as: You are on your own, and good luck.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Here is the video:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

You are just speculating my friend, what I said is based off of what Obama said himself. Please dont try to derail what I said because if you watched the feed you would know I am right.

Yes the world war 3 thing was a little far fetched but a war of any kind is just as bad.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

DISRAELI
reply to post by rigel4

Yes, what the optimists ought to be hoping for is negotiated partition into two separate states, because that's the best outcome we can realistically expect.

Putin will not split Ukraine. It’s the key to Europe. He’ll keep the state whole and start an army build up west of the dividing mountain range of Ukraine. You take the state peacefully and you now have taken over a HUGE military strategic spots, the western side of Ukraine, past its mountain range.
edit on 28-2-2014 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2014 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The thing is, buster, if Obama was a strong president with a strong foreign policy, a definitive foreign policy, then the "invasion" would never have happened.

This is just an indictment of Obama.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Err... Not quite sure what I did wrong there, but anywho my bad, i'm sorry.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Obama is a joke.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

ok then..... For what reasons do you see it as a bluff?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well in one respect Putin has shown his hand and his credentials.. I have been saying for years that he is a dictator
and I have been flamed for it.

People have flamed me and said that Putin is not out to build new empires... Really
Well I wish you were right... but sadly I am right and Vlad the bad has unleashed the dogs of war.

# YOU Putin

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

And if/when Russia gets fully involved should the world just sit and watch it happen?

When the U.S bullies it's bad but when Russia does it you all line up to kiss his backside. Pathetic

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
When real S*** starts to happen, it’s obvious who the real leaders of the world are, cough cough, not Obama.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

I see it as a bluff because the western nations do not have the political will to start World War 3 for the purpose of driving Russian forces out of the Crimea, and the Russians know that.
If Obama really meant a warning of possible military response, he should have said so, as Chamberlain did in 1939

There was a revealing incident a number of years back when Nato and Russia were uniting in the invasion of Serbia.
There was an airfield which the Russians were supposed to leave to NATO, but they moved in fast and occcupied it themselves.
The NATO forces backed off doing anything about it. The same will happen here

edit on 28-2-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

There is really nothing funny about this whole situation, but I have to admit I kinda laughed when he said he'd talked to Putin, and wanted them to be a part of the process, along with all of Europe, to support the Ukrainian people during this time of change.

Yeah, and Putin didn't give a flip about what you had to say, Obama, and invaded the country. I wonder how that makes Obama feel? To know that Putin doesn't give a damn about him, and doesn't think the USA will do anything to stop him. That, is dangerous, indeed.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Its like Obama made this speech to try and stay relevant to the worlds affairs. What good came from this speech?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What have other world leader had to say?

The British PM?
The French?

Who else has said anything? Just curious. . . . .

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
To all those people who are criticizing Obama what would you have him do?

Start warming up the ICBM's?
Put marines on the ground in Crimea?

Russia SAVED the Ukraine in the 40's with the Patriotic war, Ukraine may be sovereign but it has always been at Russia's influence/allowing.

If The Ukrainian government cant create a working relationship with Russia then the man with the bigger gun will win.

And its not Obama's fault for not standing in the way with this finger on the button.

get real people!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join