It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bolt hole (Replacing the Morning coffee thread)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
just finished another coffee here in cold, frigid Tejas.

Still going to fire up the grill. Too cold for charcoal (the taste of starter fluid stays in cold charcoal), so ill fire up the gas side of the grill. Gon' be good!

Texas...cold? Pffft! You're such a pilgrim.

Come up North for a bit and I'll show you cold...and yes, we still grill in it. But we use wood. None of that new-fangled store bought chari-coal.

Propane does not work well on a grill when left out in the elements. Takes a bit to get started.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by beezzer

Good for you Beez. I like feel good stories. It probably isn't meant for me, but I'm cool with that. It's the optimist in me that squishes the pessimistic side. Needless to say. have fun!

Looking forward to it!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

kdog1982
Time for a beer or more. Winter will not go away!!!!!

forecast.weather.gov...

It's a persistent pain in the a$$, huh? The, plow passed again early this morning and woke me up.
My internet was down, so I got all dressed up to go out.
Car battery ruh-ruh'd twice and then died.
If we don't learn patience through all of this, then is there any hope for us?

So greetings all. Hope your day went well. I'm on my third cup of the day.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I thought that the North Dakota weather would stop ya from melting. Or am I misinterpreting it and you have a long black tongue (or maybe puking?).

OK...sorry. Just funnin' ya! I just miss your 'ol avatar.

And fer Dawgs sake man! Give him some buck teeth and a chin...I think that's what throwing me off here.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

TDawgRex

bigfatfurrytexan
just finished another coffee here in cold, frigid Tejas.

Still going to fire up the grill. Too cold for charcoal (the taste of starter fluid stays in cold charcoal), so ill fire up the gas side of the grill. Gon' be good!

Texas...cold? Pffft! You're such a pilgrim.

Come up North for a bit and I'll show you cold...and yes, we still grill in it. But we use wood. None of that new-fangled store bought chari-coal.

Propane does not work well on a grill when left out in the elements. Takes a bit to get started.

oh, i use wood, too. Surrounded by mesquite by the full cords. But charcoal burns hotter. And hot is what you need on steaks. Although today it was chicken, lobster, and scallops (seafood was on sale, and i stocked up)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
oh, i use wood, too. Surrounded by mesquite by the full cords. But charcoal burns hotter. And hot is what you need on steaks. Although today it was chicken, lobster, and scallops (seafood was on sale, and i stocked up)

Sounds good, though I am sure you know you can always lower the grill for the steaks.

Mmmm-Mmmmm! Nothing like a bit of Mercury laden, Irradiated and Cortex filled vittles for dinner I say!

Sorry, I had to go there, but it was to good to pass up.

But if I was there myself, probably no one would eat it all before it even got to the plate! It all does sound delish! You treat your family pretty good.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Darth_Prime
Just wanted to Sashay in and say Hello Kittens,

Don't forget about me now!

Kittens, I like that! LOL
Who could forget you sweetie???

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Oh I loved the vid of the kittens and bearded dragon lizards! Funny! Animals are so awesome and comical at times.

I was at a friend house the other day and one of their dogs sniffed one of their cat's butt. The cat turned around so indignant and smacked the dog in the face. I cracked up! LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

i have adjusted the coals as close as i can get to the grill.

I have considered patching in to my gas line (i have natrual gas accessible in my backyard) and making my gas grill a really high temp grill. Like the heat you get in a commercial grill.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's been a long wait beez

Make the most of it my friend

Cody

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Good morning /evening all

The wife tells me there was a weekend back there somewhere, I must have missed it

Have a great week one and all

Cody

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hello everyone, good morning from Beirut Lebanon.
Sipping my morning coffee while writing an article for my French magazine about the Lebanese Red Cross.
About How the Lebanese Red Cross is basically run by volunteers while it's operations have doubled in scale with the crisis of Syrian refugees that have flooded to Lebanon. Even with lack of funding, the Will to help people on a human level has never died. However, with a better funding the organization will be able to provide a better cover during emergencies and daily rescue operations.
The weather is a beautiful sunny mediterranean, even though it lacked snow and rain this year, hoping there will not be water shortages in this beautiful country that has hosted me for many years now.
The birds are many, beautiful nature, a nice breakfast of manakish with zaatar or cheeze. Some Fairuz music in the background.
Just hoping that God avoids this country from additional terrorists explosions, these terrorists that were unfortunately fueled by the Ignorant West, including France my country, and al have tried to destabilize this lovely country just like they did in Syria with the pretext of democratic revolution there, hehe...
Anyway back to my coffee and Red Cross article and back to my French...
bonne Journée et Merci beaucoup!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RedAmnesia

Well good morning to you too!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RedAmnesia

Beautifully written RedAmnesia
Welcome to the thread

Sounds like quite an article, are planning on posting it on ATS?

Cody

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Good day True
Hows finds you this grand morning ?

Cody

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

The morning finds me in the finest of possible fettle! We have had some trade in our store already, and I am looking forward to the rest of the day!
Tis a fine feeling, to be enthused about the coming events of the day, especially when they have no particular significance beyond the daily grind!

I am also looking forward to getting out of work later, and fiddling about on my bass again. I really must make that more habitual than it has been of late, although I cannot chastise myself for my laxity. It has been a difficult few months for one reason or another, and the most difficult thing has been remaining motivated to do ANYTHING, let alone anything requiring much by way of creativity. It is safe to say that my writers block I was suffering from before February, probably extended beyond stifling my mastery of the wordsmiths art. Now I need to get back in the saddle, and shake off winters rust.

ETA:

There I am waffling on...

How the hell are you today? I trust you are in good spirits?
edit on 3-3-2014 by TrueBrit because: Added greeting!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It's cold. They say it's 0 degrees F. I don't wanna get in the shower... lol At least its warmer than what they were calling for... I suppose I should be happier...

edit on 3-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Is it that you do not want to get into the shower, or that you do not want to feel the chill when you get out of it?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

It's that I do not want to feel the chill when I get out of it!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Good to hear my friend
I go through stages with my guitars, it's a real
love hate thing.

Mainly love though.
Cody

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join