It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Had Cheat Sheet for Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I just noticed this on Drudge.
www.drudgereport.com...
Apparently Kerry reached into his coat pocket, removed something, and placed it on the podium at the beginning of the debate.

There is a video tape of this at the link.

I hadn't heard if this until now.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
And bush supposivly used an ear peice, shrug..

A fool for a fool, they're both one in the same.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It looks like he might have taken a pen out. He definitly had something. I'm trying to watch it again ... is there any way to skip the silly Oil of Olay commercial to see it?

Jemison

I had the debates on tape so I just watched it again on my big screen T.V. I think that it is a pen and that he takes the top off, puts it on the end of the pen and then starts writing.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Jemison]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think this is exactly like the Bush earpiece thing...BS. Kerry took notes, just like any good debater, during Bush's comments. The card or paper he took from his jacket was probably a blank piece of paper for those notes.

Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Cheat sheet? Well duh!

Hasn't anyone debated before? It's well within the rules to have a list of key points and arguments in most competitions. I don't know about an earpiece, but from what I read, the rules don't specifically disallow one. I don't know if I could respect myself for it, but hey, Bush doesn't give a damn, now does he?

Yeah, he took notes, too, which is what's supposed to happen. It makes me think that Bush is overconfident since he isn't taking notes. I think he thinks he's won already. Which is fine. If he wants to get cocky, he'll see what happens. He'll lose the debate.

He'll still win the elections, but he'll lose the debate...

[edit on 3-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by either candidate.... Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium..."

From the Drudge article, and supposedly from the agreed upon debate rules.

If you want to get really, really nit picky, no matter what Kerry removed from his coat, and he obviously removed something, this was a violation of the rules.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
".... Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium..."

And because he took a piece of paper and a pen from his jacket - wouldn't it be prudent to assume that the Commission approved them ahead of time?

Just trying to give the benefit of the doubt to Kerry here.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That's something. So no tangible articles...

Why didn't he get busted then? I guess if he did, it would be a DQ, and the debate would end. And that wouldn't be good for the sponsors. Phreak, have you read all 38 pages or however long the 'contract' was?

Kerry needs an earpiece, I guess, then.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ute,

It says right there that if they want some paper, they have to ask, and an unpaid intern will place it on the podium. I wanna give Kerry the benefit of the doubt (no I don't, he's a clown shoe) too, but geez...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
That's something. So no tangible articles...

Why didn't he get busted then? I guess if he did, it would be a DQ, and the debate would end. And that wouldn't be good for the sponsors. Phreak, have you read all 38 pages or however long the 'contract' was?

Kerry needs an earpiece, I guess, then.

No I haven't read it. I have issues with the whole way the charade was put on, but that's a different thread.
I don't support either one of these "clown shoes" love that, mind if I borrow it?, my thinking is, perhaps this could have added to Kerry's perfomance in the debate. I know I would feel alot more confident up there if I had some notes to reference, even if I never used them, just having them there would give me the mental boost I needed.

And to the ear piece thingy... If I had one during a debate, and people were trying to feed me lines, it would distract me, and make me appear as if I couldn't collect my thoughts.

Edit for SP

[edit on 10/3/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Bottom line, according to the rules, anything they want to have with them has to be submitted and placed on the podium for them. THEY CANNOT BRING ITEMS IN ON THEIR OWN.

Kerry broke the rules but I think if we make a big stink about it it will appear as if we cannot accept that Bush lost the debate and that we are just trying to find anyway possible to minimalize Kerry's victory.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Debate One is over. Kerry was smoother and prettier than Bush and this has led many to believe that he won. Bush had a his performance to defend and seemed annoyed by his opponent. Kerry had nothing of substance to say, contradicted his positon a dozen times and generally sounded like the bag of wind he is.

It's over and to quote my friend Loki likes to admonish others, "Get over it!"

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Ute,

It says right there that if they want some paper, they have to ask, and an unpaid intern will place it on the podium. I wanna give Kerry the benefit of the doubt (no I don't, he's a clown shoe) too, but geez...

You're right - this does raise some questions. But I can't imagine the Bush camp not raising six kinds of hell about something like this.

This campaign has brought out the worst in speculation and conjecture. It has become not simply good enough to point actual faults in a candidate, but now they have to embelish, falsify documents and outright lie. Really sad state of affairs, isnt' it? What can we actually believe?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I got an email from a "reliable source," who frequently provides secret documents to "CBS Evening News" and "60 Minutes," who states, on the condition of anonymity, that Bush was actually working the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle--in ink-- during the debate. Bush reportedly seemed annoyed because Kerry kept interrupting his train of thought. None-the-less, Bush completed the puzzle without error just in time for the closing statements.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
...but now they have to embelish, falsify documents and outright lie. Really sad state of affairs, isnt' it? What can we actually believe?

Right. It seems to me that the debate all along has been like a couple of little kids fighting. Did too... did not... did too.... Neither one has to succumb to facts, they're just hoping they can stand their ground and drive opinion in their favor.

In my opinion, niether one of them is worthy of the position. Is this the best we got, America? Are these two hammerheads the cream of the crop? Wouldn't surprise me 30 years from now, as we are making idiots of ourselves every day, but come on.

Bush is and always has been a loser. The record speaks for itself. The only thing that I can think of that could counter such an obvious lack of talent and experience as Bush represents, is money. And maybe friends. And Brothers. And father's friends...

Anyway, Bush was unsuccessful as a businessman, largely unsuccessful as a student, and was the governor of a state full of Bush fans anyway, not to mention the fact that there's so much money in Texas, it really requires no governance. All Bush did as Governor of Texas is fry a bunch of black kids and Mexicans.

As for Kerry, what a doofus. Couldn't lead himself out of a port-o-John.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I got an email from a "reliable source," who frequently provides secret documents to "CBS Evening News" and "60 Minutes," who states, on the condition of anonymity, that Bush was actually working the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle--in ink-- during the debate. Bush reportedly seemed annoyed because Kerry kept interrupting his train of thought. None-the-less, Bush completed the puzzle without error just in time for the closing statements.

You're so full of scata!

Funny scata, but scata nonetheless.

[edit]HA SO!!! You ain't filterin' GREEK!

[edit on 3-10-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I just noticed this on Drudge.
www.drudgereport.com...
Apparently Kerry reached into his coat pocket, removed something, and placed it on the podium at the beginning of the debate.

There is a video tape of this at the link.

I hadn't heard if this until now.

Was it a spelling contest or what?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
You're right - this does raise some questions. But I can't imagine the Bush camp not raising six kinds of hell about something like this.

The Bush Camp didn't have to defend themselves very vigorously after memo-gate. The bloggers did it for them.
They're not having to take this one on (directly) either. Put it on Drudge, and the next thing you know, every radio talk show host will be repeating it on Monday.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would like to hear what the Kerry camp has to say about this. The rules are very clear and he did violate them even if it was a harmless violation.

A simple explanation would be great but I fear that it will be something more along the lines of 'Bush lost the debate and it's ludicrous that the Republicans have to make an issue out of Senator Kerry pulling a pen/paper/whatever out of his jacket pocket.'

Jemison

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Regardless of what Kerry pulled out, why has Drudge not put anything about Bush possibily having an earpiece? We do not know do not have any evidance towards either.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join