It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Large groups of Arab men STILL crossing AZ border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Tucson sector of border patrol claims "It's not true"

This is a reoccuring event that no one seems to be willing to admit, but large groups of "arab" men are still crossing the Arizona border illegally, and attempting to blend in with illeagal mexican immigrants to do it. Two large groups of O.T.M.s (Other Then Mexicans) have been stopped by border patrol in the last six weeks. Yet a border patrol spokesman denies the report.

www.tombstonetumbleweed.com
The Tumbleweed has verified information that a flood of middle-eastern males have been caught entering the country illegally east of Douglas, Arizona. The increased patrols in the Huachuca Mountains area of Cochise County, seems to have diverted the flow of OTM�s, �other than Mexicans� east to the Chiricahua Mountains.

In the last month, the Tumbleweed has confirmed at least two documented accounts of Border Patrol agents encountering large groups of non-Spanish speaking males in the Chiricahua foothills and on trails along the high mountain areas.

On or about the early morning hours of June 13, 2004 Border patrol agents from the Willcox station encountered a large group of suspected illegal border crossers, estimated to be around 158, just east of the Sanders Ranch near the foothills of the Chiricauha Mountains. 71 suspected illegal aliens were apprehended; among them were 53 males of middle-eastern descent.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As we have learned, Al Qaida uses several differnt cells in operational planning and execution. There is a planning cell, and an execution cell.

It would seem that these large groups of middle eastern men attempting to infiltrate the country could well contain the muscle neccessary for the execution of any plan that may be on going.

What is surprising to me is the large numbers that are coming across. IF these men are a part of an execution cell, why are there so many? Is the planned attack to be so large that this many operators are neccessary?

[edit on 7-24-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
could this be what you are talking about? How many men are crossing? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
deep, that's part of it Im' sure. We know that getting a nuke into the US is a cake walk and now we may have cells entering the US. I hope these are truly rumors.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
could this be what you are talking about? How many men are crossing? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not at all. These Border patrol agents aren't finding any weapons on the men, just the men. To the best of my knowledge, the two stories are not related.
The first group was over 50.

But like JOHNSmith says, it does show how lax our borders are.

[edit on 7/24/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sounds about right. Arabs know the desert better than any American except for a Native American. And there are large concentrations of Arabs and AlQ through out South America. Read the writting on the wall.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
Sounds about right. Arabs know the desert better than any American except for a Native American. And there are large concentrations of Arabs and AlQ through out South America. Read the writting on the wall.

This is what cracks me up. The US is Hammering Iran over not sealing its borders with Iraq. Yet we cannot take care of a border that is smaller, less mountainous, and with a neighbor is on friendly terms to boot.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
This is what cracks me up. The US is Hammering Iran over not sealing its borders with Iraq. Yet we cannot take care of a border that is smaller, less mountainous, and with a neighbor is on friendly terms to boot.

Definitely a nice illustration of a bitter irony.

The reason our southern border remains porous has to do with money. Both major U.S. parties benefit economically and politically from the support given to them by businesses which directly profit from what amounts to the importation of slaves.

Lest one get the mistaken impression that rogue farmers are the lone culprits, the majority of illegal immigrants migrate to urban areas, and take underpaid jobs in almost all economic sectors, from washing dishes in restaurants to cleaning rooms in hotels to construction laborers to virtually any industry where low- or unskilled workers can be used.

They also use a disproportionate amount of social services such as AFDC, food stamps, public education and medical care, which benefits those who profit from the administration of these programs. There are huge, multibillion dollar industries built around these programs, and their defenders have corresponding political influence.

As long as there are only two major political parties in the U.S., and as long as they both profit from illegal immigration, it will continue, national security be damned.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yet a border patrol spokesman denies the report.

So far, I'm with the BP guy. Not convinced it's actually happening.
With all due respect to the tombstonetumbleweed, the story smells like bunk to me.

In the last month, the Tumbleweed has confirmed at least two documented accounts of Border Patrol agents encountering large groups of non-Spanish speaking males in the Chiricahua foothills and on trails along the high mountain areas.

c'mon.
That proves diddle.
I'm not saying that I have evidence to suggest there isn't a secret arab immigration under way, I'm just saying that the article reeks of journalistic fearmongering.
Somebody's deliberately trying to scare the hell out of Tumbleweed readers.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
discussing on this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The Tombstone Tumbleweed is not a pinnacle of journalistis excellence, I will grant you that. Regardless of the Tumbleweeds report, many, many ranchers in the area, as well as residents of Southern & central Arizona ARE noticing an increse in the arab populations of those areas.

I lived in Phoeniz for years. I still have family and friends there. They tell me reguarly that they are seeing an increase in arab population.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Somebody's deliberately trying to scare the hell out of Tumbleweed readers.

I don't think the statements could do that.......however, if people don't start paying attention to what is going on all around them, has been going on, and will continue to do so on an ever increasing velocity.....staying stupid...that scares the hell out of me.

Respects,

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
sosuemetoo - that other thread seemed to have morphed into a discussion of border patrol tactic and philosophy.

phreak - could these actually be displaced arab refugees taking advantage of the porous mexican/american border? It makes sense that if your country is getting bombed out, regardless of political or religious affiliation, you're gonna want to get into a country that isn't getting bombed - even if it's as an illegal immigrant. For those in the south american community experienced at smuggling illegals into america for money, there might be some good opportunity in providing a route for displaced arab refugees, following the model of the well known mexican border crossings. They could potentially be taking their only opportunity to sneak into somewhere relatively safe and have some kind of life in a society that is not yet militarized.

Is it possible that the rise of illegal arab immigrants is a "predictable" effect of mid-east devastation, and that it's being used by the media to fan the flames of fear in the mind of the average american? That's kind of the vibe I got from the tumbleweed article.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ya know, it could be.

But if I were in their shoes, America would not be the place I would head for. Arab media seems to demonize the US. Muslim clerks tell the people that America is waging a holy war against muslims.

If I were a lowly, slightly educated 20 something man, I don't think I would intentionally go somewhere that I am being told hates me because I am arab or muslim.

At least I wouldn't be going there looking for a peaceful existence.
I would head for some country that was LIKE the US, but that did not agree with America's war. I'd probably head for Germany.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I remember from my days in the USMC that at least half the battle is psychological. I can envision a very simple, yet very effective way of inducing terror: mass murder via hand-to-hand combat. Columbine style, only with anti-American terrorists (call them Arabs if you must, they seem to be the most anti-American at the moment).

Place one or two cells of 4-5 men in all the large cities. At a predetermined time, they all go nuts with handheld weapons, probably in a mall or peaceful neighborhood. Someplace where even a single murder would strike some degree of terror.

This makes me want to enhance my defensive skills and weaponry. These people want to attack our country - they want to frighten us into defeat, since they can't do it with traditional methods.

Scary, ain't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Seems like part of the current level of concern for bombings in NYC & DC are being tied to the pourousness of the Mexican border. DHS is saying that part of the threat to NYC involves middle eastern men flooding across the border and heading for New York.

LL1

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This has been running on NY 1 television news station:

August 01, 2004 On NY1 Now: News All Day Weather: Muggy, Few Showers High 84

Top Stories

NYPD Warns Of Possible Truck Bomb Attacks

AUGUST 01ST, 2004

New, credible intelligence suggests Al Qaeda may be planning suicide truck bombings against New York City-based corporations, authorities say.

The threats have prompted the NYPD to remind security personnel to take extra precautions at buildings throughout the city, including closely monitoring heating and ventilation units and parking structures.

There is no word of any specific plot, but the NYPD's warnings come after an ABC News report that Al Qaeda may be planning suicide attacks in the city. The network also reported that Al Qaeda may try to send terrorists into the United States across the Mexican border.

It is unclear whether the latest warning is linked to the detention of a woman at a Texas airport last week. She was arrested after trying to board a flight to New York with an altered passport and $7,000, and she was later found to be on an FBI watch list.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What easier way to get into the US than to come across the Mexico border? Unfortunately, Pres Bush wants to cooperate with Mexico in allowing any of their citizens to freely enter the US uncontested, even proposing that they are allowed to obtain driver's licenses (in Calif). It seems inevitable to me that the next attack will come very soon and it will be determined that the terrorists have entered the US from Mexico. Maybe after it happens, the US will take border enforcement seriously. Most people living in the states that border Mexico want the border sealed off now!

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makuahine
What easier way to get into the US than to come across the Mexico border? Unfortunately, Pres Bush wants to cooperate with Mexico in allowing any of their citizens to freely enter the US uncontested, even proposing that they are allowed to obtain driver's licenses (in Calif). It seems inevitable to me that the next attack will come very soon and it will be determined that the terrorists have entered the US from Mexico. Maybe after it happens, the US will take border enforcement seriously. Most people living in the states that border Mexico want the border sealed off now!

AMEN! I have lived in border states for all my life, and even before 9-11 I have wanted to see more security on the boder. I don't buy the posse comitaus(SP) reasons for not doing it. Damn near every other country in the world uses their military to protect their borders.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I would have to third that notion. As I have half-joked about in other threads, let's make a large canal from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean, and fill it with nuclear waste. Make only two radiation shielded roads going in and out, for imports/exports. That would take care of the waste disposal problem of nuke plants, it would take care of the border problem, and it would free up some of our military who formerly had to guard that area, can now move onto other duties. This would also buy us time to engineer automatonic guardians in place of military, thus freeing up more resources in the long run.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Excerpts from story on KVOA Tuscon

Here's what the Eyewitness News 4 Investigators uncovered.

"It's a Muslim prayer blanket. It was found about a mile and a half west from the Douglas port of entry in 2001."

Larry Vance is a rancher who lives near the U.S.-Mexico border in Douglas, Arizona.

For years, he says he's watched - and documented - thousands of illegals crossing the border and running away to eventual arrest... or freedom and anonymity somewhere in this country.

And in just one hour, during this stake-out along the border between Douglas and b\Bisbee, The Investigators count 198 illegals in five different groups crossing into the U.S. with no resistance.

Vance says, "Other log books, diary-type things, other bits and pieces of paper with Arabic written on them found in the area over the last few years

We've all heard of the U.S. government's Terror Watch List: countries flagged because Americans are endangered by their citizens, yet regularly, illegals from those countries are crossing the Arizona border, blending in with groups of Mexican and South American illegal immigrants.

If apprehended, they are brought to this federal detention center in Florence, Arizona.

The investigators found that on this day, several individuals of this kind were being detained here, including some from Sudan, Iran, and even Iraq.

These are just the ones who were caught.

Who are they? They're called 'Special Interest Aliens" or "SIA."

According to Ben Anderson, a retired U.S. Army Colonel, The SIA that they don't want to talk about. That's special interest alien. These are people from those countries that we consider terrorist threats."

"You will not read about that. You will not hear about that. They will not talk about that. They will not provide that info to the press

Colonel Anderson says these Special Interest Aliens originate in the Middle East or Northeast Asia. They travel through Spain to what's called the tri-border area of Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay, then, to Mexico City.

Another story from the London Telegraph

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join