It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Large groups of Arab men STILL crossing AZ border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
LL1

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
And they stated "they'd come from where we would not be watching, and where we would not expect..."

Not good at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Don't you fear that terrorists may be using Mexico as a base camp before heading to Arizona, Texas, and California?

Over the past month, U.S. border agents in Arizona and Texas have reported encounters with dozens of Arab men who have made their way across the 2,000-mile Mexican border.

Patrol agents told one Arizona newspaper that 77 males "of Middle Eastern descent" were apprehended in June in two separate incidents.

The two groups of Arab males were discovered by patrol guards from Willcox, Arizona. "These guys didn't speak Spanish," said one field agent, "and they were speaking to each other in Arabic.

Arab terrorists 'are getting into the US over Mexican border'

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well let's see,

This is old but apparently unrecognized news. Arab culture does not get into a rush. There is plenty of time, "Inshallah". These camps and their plans for these cells have been nurtured for decades, well thought out, well planned, and in all probability will be well executed.
For anyone who thinks that The Tumbleweed News is way off base, I suggest you think again. Read the below article in full and I am sure you will have second thoughts.

Tut

Dot # 1: A Growing Threat in the Tri-Border Area of South America. (Terrorist and Organized Crime Groups in the Tri-Border Area (TBA) of South America. A Report Prepared under an Interagency Agreement by the Federal Research Division, Library of Congress, July 2003.)

Since the early 1980s, Arab terrorists have been sending thousands of their cohorts to the almost inaccessible jungle and mountain region between Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay (known as the TBA, Tri-Border Area or La Triple Frontera). Terror training camps and arsenals have been established, virtually out of the reach of local law enforcement or defense forces; and elements from Hezbollah, al-Gamaa al-Islamiyya, Islamic Jihad, al-Qaeda, Hamas, and the Lebanese Drug mafia operate in partnership, freely and openly in conjunction with local organized crime and corrupt government officials.

The TBA has become a virtual haven for Islamic terror groups and a base for terror operations against South American targets. The large and growing Arab population of these states (in excess of 750,000 by local estimates) provides a community highly conducive to the establishment of Islamic terrorist sleeper cells throughout the area. etc....

Conclusion:

Once we connect these dots, it becomes obvious that the presence of thousands of Arab terrorists in two separate areas of South America and the illegal entry of hundreds of Arabs via the Mexican border portend massive terror assaults against American and other targets in South America and within this nation.

It does not require much imagination to foresee that the many current Arab terror sleeper cells scattered throughout the USA and Canada today are being re-enforced with the influx of Arab terrorists from South America, an influx of such numbers that normal ports of entry cannot be used.

Can the purpose of this re-enforcement be other than an Arab terrorist plan to mount major attacks on numerous targets throughout North America? Such imaginative terror masterminds as Imad Mughniyyah or Osama bin Laden himself would surely have little difficulty figuring out how to best utilize an untraceable sleeper army of Arab terrorists waiting patiently for the signal to strike at centers of telecommunication, transportation, electric power, and even law enforcement and military bases.

frontpagemag.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
All absouletly fantastic and frightening points. What has not been discussed, and is highly possible is also the existence of terror training camps within Mexico itself. Being the large country that it is, and sparsely populated, it would be conceivable that camps could be setup to train them before sending them across the border. So not only could they betraining in South America but even in North America.

I think we ought be concerned about not just a large scale single attack but numerous smaller attacks throughout the country. It is highly possible that hundereds or thousands of cells are within our country without record of passing through immigration and customs.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I guess there's not much you can do except arm yourselves and hope you can get to your weapons & ammo when the time comes.

It's too bad we can't have citizen patrols of the borders and kill the non-worker aliens coming this way.

I don't trust anyone, but I feel bad for the good Arabs living over here as they have to put up with us watching them more closely now.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It would be nice if the govt. would spend the money to seal and patrol our borders. If we didn't have to pick up the tab for the Iraq situation I am sure we could fence off the entire southern border with watchtowers and guard dog posts as well as add to the coastguard. Here on the northwest coast anyone from any country can simply sail into the US without being noticed. What gives? Any moron can figure out you need to seal and patrol our borders so obviously the govt has an interest in who and what is getting in illegally.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
It's too bad we can't have citizen patrols of the borders and kill the non-worker aliens coming this way.

Some of the good folks down in Sierra Vista, AZ and other border communities have attempted to do such things. The feds have stopped them. At least from doing the job armed. They still watch the border and video tape illeagals. They try to give the info to Border Patrol but often times are ignored.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Let's take a look at this. To be effective, a barrier of any type would have to cover the entire US - Mexico border. No gaps or holes. That border is aproximately 1933 miles (3111 km) long. Borders aren't always straight lines, if they follow a river, the shore line curves and doubles back adding length.

The simplest form of barrier is a standard triple strand concertina wire with anti-presonnel mines to keep people from just walking up and cutting the wire. (Does anyone REALLY want to go there? I can just see all the mothers holding kids with blown off legs and arms!)

Lets look at the materials needed to string this barrier from the Gulf to the Pacific Ocean.

Standard Barbed Steel-taped Concertina Wire- 611,830 rolls

Man Hours to install wire 312,000 hrs

Anti-personnel mines at a 0-2-0 Density- 14,508,000 mines

Man hours to lay above mines- 1,810,000 hrs

Truckloads required to haul above material- 28,000 loads.

Now, these are all approximate figures, but if you do some googling on proceedures and standards for laying these types of items, they are pretty close.

Not so easy, and MINES? But the fence would be useless without them.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
And what is the cost of not securing our borders in some way shape or form?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Exactly the right question, Phreak!

In my posts in other threads I have always supported some type of border security. (What we have now is border INsecurity.) But in order to find a sensible answer, we first have to understand just how big the problem is.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm checking into what the requirements would be to secure the border with personnel (Army or NG). I remember reading information on this in the 80's (it was an issue then, too), but i'm sure it is out of date now. The conclusion then was it would require over 1,000,000 troops to do it for any extended period. I'll post back when I have some updated figures.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The National Guard can do the job.

And the national guard should do the job. Each border state's guardsman, should and can be tasks with protecting hte border within their region.

Unguarded borders should be between good neighbors. Mexico is not showing good faith in this case. Especially if they are allowing even non-Mexican citizens to cross the border.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I started think about the securing the border issue & even though it would be a huge task it's not one we couldn't do. I conclude that they don't wan't it completely secure for a very good reason - they only debate is what exactly is that reason?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- The FBI has issued an alert for a suspected al-Qaida member who may try to cross the U.S. border through Arizona or Texas.

Adnan G. El Shukrijumah is suspected of being an al-Qaida cell leader and has been wanted by the United States since 2003, authorities said Tuesday.

The latest information places him in Honduras with the intent of crossing the U.S.-Mexican border, said Art Werge, a spokesman for the FBI's office in El Paso, Texas.
This was just broadcast on our local Phoenix t.v. station.
This is truly frightening and altogether plausible, given the easy access across the border and the ease with which an Arab could blend in with the Hispanic population.
I must say, I'll be a bit more vigilent.
joey

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well,

Personally, I think we should reinforce our borders with Canada in order to stop the spread of marijuana into our country. As if if the 40 billion a year that Humboldt County produces isn't enough.
BTW this increase in security across Canada was GBW's brilliant idea.
Let us all vote for Him again.

Sarcastically yours,

TUT

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I live in AZ and it is WAY too easy to come across our border, at one of my old job's at a hotel, the kitchen workers would cross back and forth all the time, I couldn't believe how easily they did it (not to mention how they got jobs at a major hotel) they were good people, but illegal nonetheless. Not to mention if they can smuggle thousands of pounds of weed (not such a bad thing, lol) then terrorists can smuggle as much weaponry, up to and including nuclear, as they wish (bad thing). One cannot help but wonder, why have we not seen ANY attacks in the US since 9/11, Palestinian type suicide bombings would be cake to pull off. This seems eerie to me, we all know how disciplined they can be, maybe they are flooding as many operatives as they can in before they pull off something MAJOR like they have threatened, and our government is doing NOTHING about it. I can only imagine what the next attack will be like. Probably not any of these plots the government has warned about, those are probably just BS intentionally put out by the terrorists, to distract us from the real plot. I guess we'll see, won't we?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You know, I live in Arizona, and work near the Mexican border and I've NEVER seen any middle easteners anyplace-
I think this is a bunch of bunk- Only ones I see are running the Cirkle K gas stations.

More "terror" and fear on a daily basis-

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Really? Well if you don't see them, I guess none of this is true. I wasn't aware you were on the job. We can rest assured that since you work near the border, and must have very keen eyesight because it's a pretty big border, that you've got it under control. And the reports of groups of arab men being detained are false. Do you work for the border patrol? Do you often see large groups of mexicans crossing, and if so do you ask them their nationality? Or is that not really happening either? I'm not supporting fear mongering, but we must cover all our bases, and this base is FAR from covered.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Really? Well if you don't see them, I guess none of this is true. I wasn't aware you were on the job. We can rest assured that since you work near the border, and must have very keen eyesight because it's a pretty big border, that you've got it under control. And the reports of groups of arab men being detained are false. Do you work for the border patrol? Do you often see large groups of mexicans crossing, and if so do you ask them their nationality? Or is that not really happening either? I'm not supporting fear mongering, but we must cover all our bases, and this base is FAR from covered.

I do not work for the government, thank God. I do live and work here and cross the border on occasion for diversity. Im sorry that I cant help your fears by telling you the borders are crawling with ME's-
I DO however, listen to local news, radio etc., and have never heard of this "latest threat" locally. On the other hand, I DO see Mexicans coming across all the time. Speaking Spanish- I can most definately tell the difference between the two.

My point is, you can beleive what your news sources tell you or get the low-down from locals like me. Of course, I lie and the government doesnt (:lol

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I do not work for the government, thank God. I do live and work here and cross the border on occasion for diversity. Im sorry that I cant help your fears by telling you the borders are crawling with ME's-
I DO however, listen to local news, radio etc., and have never heard of this "latest threat" locally. On the other hand, I DO see Mexicans coming across all the time. Speaking Spanish- I can most definately tell the difference between the two.

My point is, you can beleive what your news sources tell you or get the low-down from locals like me. Of course, I lie and the government doesnt (:lol

I believe you that there is not a MASS exodus if ME men into our state, but locals HAVE reported groups of arabic speaking men on their land. And unlike the Mexicans you may see crossing on foot most often, if terrorists were to come across, they would likely have the money to pay coyotes, who you and I both know would be happy to bring em across, wouldn't you agree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join