It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Dunes and Clouds on the Moon?[HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Actual Moon Pictures

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Taymour. Really, can you please provide the links to these images.
Nobody can analyze what is being seen without the source and the original image.

The source is needed.

Thanks

[edit on July 21st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think I seen them pics on MARS

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Taymour

why are you so unwilling to provide links to were you got them from even after repeatedly being asked to by a mod? and for another the moon HAS NO atmosphere therefor no way clouds could form on the moon at all.

untill you provide a source im afraid i say hoax, cgi, photoshop or other.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I hope he posts links, but I have seen similar dune pictures in other moon threads that were discussing unrelated issues. This is an actual phenomenon.

I will look for those threads.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

i thought that aswell but again as far as i am aware mars has no cloud coverage (might be wrong???? lol)

and these pics are of mars look

sand dunes thawing on mars

go to google images and type in mars dunes

[edit on 013131p://32071 by ronishia]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Image from:
NASA / USGS / JAXA / SELENE...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Post with great pics and explanations from NASA regarding the daily "Moon Storm."

I don't know how to pic that stuff up and bring it here.

Zorgon posted some great stuff over there! Somebody please bring it to this thread!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Taymour

If you have a source, then please provide the links.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I don't believe the majority of moon conspiracies, but the main picture in that link shows "dunes" that could only be made by WIND! I can't think of any other explanation for the long mounds and valleys on the surface. Without Wind, everything should be chiral, or starburst from impacts. Only wind could whip up the dunes.

Someone tell me what I am missing. I don't mind.

Well now... you are bang on. That is something I am working on but its taking a long time to match location photos from old LO images and Apollo images. But your right looks like dunes

Also can anyone tell me what we are looking at? I am pretty familiar with the moon, for obvious reasons, and it doesn't look very familiar

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bd8c62c7490.jpg[/atsimg]

One thing to remember though

The raging dust storms on the Moon

Think I am pulling your leg?

NASA SAYS...

MOON STORMS

December 7, 2005: Every lunar morning, when the sun first peeks over the dusty soil of the moon after two weeks of frigid lunar night, a strange storm stirs the surface.

The next time you see the moon, trace your finger along the terminator, the dividing line between lunar night and day. That's where the storm is. It's a long and skinny dust storm, stretching all the way from the north pole to the south pole, swirling across the surface, following the terminator as sunrise ceaselessly sweeps around the moon.

Never heard of it? Few have. But scientists are increasingly confident that the storm is real.

Astronauts may have seen the storms, too. While orbiting the Moon, the crews of Apollo 8, 10, 12, and 17 sketched "bands" or "twilight rays" where sunlight was apparently filtering through dust above the moon's surface. This happened before each lunar sunrise and just after each lunar sunset. NASA's Surveyor spacecraft also photographed twilight "horizon glows," much like what the astronauts saw.

science.nasa.gov...

SUNSET RAYS??? On the MOON??

Yup Seems that they have seen them since Surveyor and the Apollo astronauts drew sketches

science.nasa.gov...

Moon Fountain related material Surveyor pics

Now then... you were saying about Moon Conspiracies?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Taymour

the picures you have posted here are of mars well at least one of them is

someone go to google images and type in mars dunes and watch the pics that come up

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

46° 50' South - 20° 00' East

On the Moon.......

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Taymour]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You would get better responses if you provide sources of your images. Even if they are something you put together to support a theory you are putting forward, it would be best to put all information forward in order to have your questions best answered.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taymour
Image from:
NASA / USGS / JAXA / SELENE...

Please supply the links.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Japanese Lunar Photos

science.nasa.gov...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...
Great photos showing longitudinal lines across craters, plains, and hills. These lines can only be caused by wind. This pattern does not occur from impacts of meteors.

Here are some links. Neither of these are my threads, but I hate to see this discussion dismissed so easily!

[edit on 21-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Redacted

[edit on 21-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

what discussion he has been asked for links to his source so we can have a look and he has refused even after 2 mods have asked him to. plus i have stated in 2 posts that i thought it was mars and provided links

until he posts a source not many will discuss anything am afraid

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Actual Moon Picture

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef58c0319afd.jpg[/atsimg]

link   
Redacted

[edit on 21-7-2009 by zorgon]

link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by getreadyalready
There is also some video of a 'storm' that follows the day/night threshold around the moon! Phage has great moon info, I hope he shows up!

Well cool then, we'll wait for Phage to explain the dust storms I told yawl about

To Taymour Source of those images? No? Can't play then... sorry

Sorry Zorgon. I hadn't found your thread yet! I will go back and edit that post! I gave you credit on the later ones.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join