It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Dunes and Clouds on the Moon?[HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
admin edit: for whatever reason, the author of this thread has presented images of Mars and tried to pass them off as the moon. NOT a good idea on ATS.

Dunes and clouds on the moon?

I am not an expert and would want that someone explained to me how it is possible that dunes and clouds are formed on the moon surface if there is not Wind and Atmosphere.

Thx

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/476bd3a6b535.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd717b73840e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-21-2009 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I would like to know also! Great pics!

I have made this argument before and got some silly responses, but nothing satisfactory!

There is also some pics of a 'storm' that follows the day/night threshold around the moon! Zorgon has great moon info, I hope he shows up!

[edit on 21-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm no image expert, either, but those look like images of Mars, not the Moon. Are you sure of your source material?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Do some homework and provide the original links to the data and you will find your answer there.

The moon's "atmosphere" is nothing to even consider an atmosphere. It is such a micro environment it might was well not be there when considering it's influence on physical objects. Just a mix of various gasses floating around, nothing one would consider an "atmosphere" in the sense that most conspiracy buff claim it to be.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

[edit on 21-7-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
solar winds help to create some to the *dunes* and such that you see on the moon, covering it is like a fine dust.

There are two primary types of terrain on the Moon: the heavily cratered and very old highlands and the relatively smooth and younger maria. The maria (which comprise about 16% of the Moon's surface) are huge impact craters that were later flooded by molten lava. Most of the surface is covered with regolith, a mixture of fine dust and rocky debris produced by meteor impacts. For some unknown reason, the maria are concentrated on the near side.

With no atmosphere and no magnetic field, the Moon's surface is exposed directly to the solar wind. Over its 4 billion year lifetime many ions from the solar wind have become embedded in the Moon's regolith. Thus samples of regolith returned by the Apollo missions proved valuable in studies of the solar wind.

Moon info

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
First of all, can Someone, please, answer to my question?
It is possible that on the moon can be formed extensions of dunes like this?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In a manner of speaking, yes(ish). But man, your asking a complicated geological question on a conspiracy board. What kind of info do you think your going to get? Unless your trying to fit this into some sort of conspiracy/ufo/alien theory there are FAR better places to get the answers you want.

That is unless you don't want the scientific answers that may negate your preconceived conclusion? Which I hope is not the case here.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

The "Solar Wind" is an energy wind, not an atmospheric one. It does not "move" physical particles, so it cannot be responsible for the dunes.

The moon is under constant bombardment with meteors, it has no protective shielding like Earth.

Therefore, any new crater should have a "Starburst" ejecta pattern surrounding it. They do not. Instead there is evidence of a prevailing wind!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It looks photoshopped IMO. Never have seen any other pics with dunes.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I submit here on ATS This thread whit these images because I think that we live in an heavy, dangerous and artificial Mediatic Darkness.

But first the question:
"It is possible that on the moon can be formed extensions of dunes like this?"
Really I do not know and may be I'm only a great ignorant.
... Without "may be"....

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Taymour]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The "Solar Wind" is an energy wind, not an atmospheric one. It does not "move" physical particles, so it cannot be responsible for the dunes.

you might like to explain why comets have tails then.

OP, can you provide sources for you pictures, no offense but we only have your word that those dunes are on the Moon.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Absolutely sure.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Can you please provide links to the origin of these images?
It is always good to source these images and have the original images to look at

[edit on July 21st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks.
Sure greeneye, but first I need the answer at my question.
This is very important.
You know someone that could answer at this question?
I never listened of Dunes on the Moon neither of Clouds...

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Taymour]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taymour
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks.
Sure greeneye, but first I need the answer at my question.
This is very important.
You know someone that coud answer at this question?

No, im sorry I do not. But in order for someone to analyze photos - they need 1. the source and 2. the original unaltered image.

It is always very important to source images - unless the image is a photo taken by yourself

Thanks in advance for providing a link to the original images
Everyone here will greatly appreicate it

[edit on July 21st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You may want to read what Ronisha posted above

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by getreadyalready

you might like to explain why comets have tails then.

OP, can you provide sources for you pictures, no offense but we only have your word that those dunes are on the Moon.

en.wikipedia.org...

The solar wind is a stream of charged particles—a plasma—ejected from the upper atmosphere of the sun. It consists mostly of electrons and protons with energies of about 1 keV.

Plasma formed from "melting" ice particle of the comet and repelled by the temperature inversions.

See "electric sail" or "solar sail".
en.wikipedia.org...

the Sun also emitted a steady stream of particles, a "solar corpuscular radiation" which pushed the ions.

www.iki.rssi.ru...

There is a positive pressure from the Sun in relation to heat and radiation. It moves much faster than would be expected, because it is assisted by magnetic fluctuations. It does not provide positive pressure to something like our satellites or a space craft or the dunes on the moon. It provides a drastic difference in radiant energy from the dark side to the light side of objects.

The effect of the "Solar Wind" would have a drastic effect on a thin atmosphere on the moon, but it would not create dunes without an atmosphere to assist it!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

what could create such a feature (if this is indeed pictures of the moons surface but untill links are provide i am skeptic

"Moondust was a real nuisance for Apollo astronauts," adds Abbas. "It stuck to everything – spacesuits, equipment, instruments." The sharp-edged grains scratched faceplates, clogged joints, blackened surfaces and made dials all but unreadable. "The troublesome clinginess had a lot to do with moondust's electrostatic charge."

Dust on the moon is electrified, at least in part, by exposure to the solar wind. Earth is protected from the solar wind by our planet's magnetic field, but the moon has no global magnetic field to ward off charged particles from the sun. Free electrons in the solar wind interact with grains of moondust and, in effect, "charge them up."

it is plausible to say that with ionised and charged particles from this moon dust could create such features, (i didnt say it could but it is plausable that it might, there are many rocky and other such features on the moon that could be accounted for this)and lets remember the moon has NO atmosphere at all, so solar winds hit directly onto the surface

nasa and moondust

the more i study and compare the OP post i find it more difficult to believe that this is our moon. Of course if i am proved wrong then great, but at the moment they look either photoshopped or very close ups of somthing different

[edit on 013131p://21071 by ronishia]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Are these actual moon pictures or something you have put together to help with a theory you are putting forward?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Solar wind? No, I'm Not convinced. At all.

Great Dunes
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/534615968e94.jpg[/atsimg]

Great Dunes and Clouds
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d85ca6574c94.jpg[/atsimg]

Clouds over the Dunes
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40afa340bf0b.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join