It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Largest Lava Lamp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The Town Of Soap Lake, Washington is planning to build the worlds largest lava lamp.
www.giantlavalamp.com...

They want to build it 60+ feet tall, as a tourist attraction.
I say if you going to build it why not build it 100 feet.
Although 60+ ft is impressive and if I was in that area of the country I would check it out, 100ft would kick ..s.

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Star Eagle]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
hehe, I think that would actually be pretty neat to see. The novelty would wear probably wear offquickly, though.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Yes it would be cool to see once.
I wonder how it will look at night from a distance???

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Cool, I bet i could swim in that thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It would be a warm swim since it will be heated.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It should have a better design then just that traditional Lava Lamp.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
That's... just too funny for words!

I do wonder how they're going to keep the liquid balanced so that they get appropriate sized blobs and good water motion. And can you imagine how much electricity that thing will suck up?

But I love the idea. It's too silly for words!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
"The primary challenging issue of the structure is the giant glass and/or plastic vessel that is at a scale never before attempted by anyone in the world. Glass and/or plastic materials present interesting technical manufacturing challenges due to the size contemplated and the functional performance requirements of the "Lava Liquid" within the vessel. Structural issues due to the hydrostatic pressures of containing the volume of liquid estimated for the vessel will require retention by careful analysis of vessel wall thickness and/or retention rings to reinforce the vessel. More information will be provided on this subject when additional structural analysis and calculations are completed."

When there is a will there is a way

I wonder how much they'll charge to go up on the viewing platform

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Groove! any excuse to get tourists

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Some people just have too much money and time on their hands.

My opinion.

JON

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I thought Lava lamps used kerosene or something for the liquid part wouldnt that make it a devastating bomb in the event of a terrorist event?

but still that thing would kick rads a*s !!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What people won't do to attract people to small towns....It does look cool though. And I think they should re think their location....that will suck up enrgy and if they are going to put it in the middle of the inersection cause alot of crashes.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
They'll charge admission to the platform to pay the electric bill. LOL

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by Star Eagle]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It just looks so out of place...the thumbnails reminded me of old comic book fronts about UFOs...

Won't it be like, mega hot though? I mean, ouch! And how much are they gonna charge to make money off it?? I can't see it doing very well, pretty groovy though

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I see this project failing like the world's tallest thermometer. would i go visit it? probably, just for the novelty of things, but i wouldn't pay to stand on a platform. i'd probably in and out of that town in 10-15 minutes.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Dont normal sized lava lamps get incredibly hot?? So wont that beasty thing produce enough heat to warm the entire town or somethin stupid

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just another waste of money on stupid needless things. I don't think they'll even make enough money from tourists to make this profitable and I'm sure residents will complain.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
LMAO this is jus 2 funny 4 words... i think itz gonna b like a mass hypnotising machine.... bet the electric bill is gonna b humungus

new topics

top topics

join