It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Campaign Ads! What do you think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Have you seen the new Bush campaign ads yet??

if you haven't seen them yet, you can see them here
www.georgewbush.com...

I expected the rhetoric, but I didn't or don't approve of the one in which he uses 9/11 pics. Maybe it's just me, but I think any President who would be faced with 9/11 would be able to come out looking good, as long as he acted and showed sympathy the tragic event.

So what do you think of the ads, good or bad?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They were your typical commercials. I'm just waiting for the ads for the other guy slinging. They normally go like this.

"John Kerry agreed to run a clean campaign, but the mud is on his hands. He said Prez. Bush, did such and such and such..."

And they normally end with "How can you believe such a lying ****sucker!"

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I am getting only audio and no video, but it is hard not to laugh at him trying to be forceful and passionate.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If they would have left out the bodies it would have been fine but when you parade someone's dead body for your own political gain, you are either satan's spawn or just one really sick bastard.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would thinking using 9/11 images is distasteful for any campaign. If it weren't then FOX or some news org would show the airplane going into the building in their own ads. I understand WHY Bush uses it (FEAR), but I disagree.

I really pray for a Kerry/Edwards "Optimistic/Hope" based ticket and campaign to counter Bush/Cheney "Fear."

For those saying they see no difference in Kerry or Bush, I think you'll be BLINDED by the differences by the end of this campaign.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
BBC has an article about this, and while they mainly emphasize the negative impact they do report positive commentary too:

"I don't have a problem with his pointing to his leadership at that time," one woman, who lost her sister, told Reuters.

Here's the link:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
all i have to say is if we didnt elect him in the first place we wouldent be on this position

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
uh yeah 9/11 would have still happened if gore was around.

I love how the liberal media is going nutz over this, running it in ever segment in radio and tv, and all it was were a couple pictures.
Don't believe it's liberal media well here's a classic example of MANY timblair.spleenville.com...

Perhaps we don't remember that kerry brings up the vietnam war, which he profits from, a war where hundreds of thousands of americans died in.

AND WE DON'T REMEMBER THE LIBERAL ATTACK AD WITH THE PICKUP TRUCK AND THE DANGLING CHAINS in texas. That was just sick, to profit off some poor man who was dragged on the pavement to his death behind a pickup truck.

Funny how they get the union leader for the figher fighters to express his view on the ad, ofcourse he's goin to be against it, he's a UNION guy, who is not a firefighter btw.

This media explosion is just so biased in the extreme. THE PRESS WILL COVER KERRY'S ADS FRAME BY FRAME IN THIER COMMENTARY SO HE CAN GET FREE ADVERTISING. This is what i hate about the campaign finance reform, now all the liberal outlets can run thier "news" or bring only soley liberal guests for months before the election with NO chance for rebuttle. The axe can swing both ways, but just see how these liberals who are just busting at the seams run their crap this year.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
And yes, being a New Yorker, I found those ads disgusting.
I think most people will take a "Look what you let Happen" stance rather than thinking he lead us with conviction......that's after he ran all over the country looking for a safe rabbitt hole.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
ok, i posted this in a similar thread, but....

people need to stop being pussies over the stupid ad ok? it was 4 seconds of 9/11 footage, and it was overlapped during those 4 seconds by footage of people riding bikes.

this is not a political move.

it was an ask jeeves search gone bad, witht he only results for "what should i put in my ad?" being footage of people on bikes and 9/11.

its 4 seconds. quit complaining.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Terrorism is going to be a major issue this campaign, and GWB was the President during 9/11. One of his major selling points is going to be his actions towards terrorism.

People died in Kosovo. Would Clark be exploiting the dead had he used it in his campaigns?

Is Kerry, who will point Iraq War casualties, be exploiting the dead?

It's part of the man's resume, and a main part of his administration. He'd be a fool not to use it.

EDIT: Kerry is a Vietnam vet. Is he exploiting the dead in that way also?

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We seen the adverts over here, we always have. They�re presented here as a kind of freak show production, as a warning of what our politics could become. I find them very scary, from whatever party. They are always sickly sweet, like the worst, cheesiest parts of American movies and are obviously cynical and emotionally aimed. They are aimed at and presented to stereotypes and I don't know how anyone can stomach them. The rest of the world looks on and wonders at what a pantomime American politics has become. It�s never taken as surprising though. The reverence Americans give to whoever is President, solely because he is President is pretty much alien to the rest of 'developed' world.
Political leaders elsewhere are treated always with a healthy dose of cynicism even in their finest hours. The way American presidents are treated seems laughable at best. America will be all the better when it gets over this almost religious treatment of their leaders.
They feed off that. And only for their own good.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think they're just like any other campaign ads. Cheesy.
The first one, "Lead," made me laugh.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
ok, i posted this in a similar thread, but....

people need to stop being pussies over the stupid ad ok? it was 4 seconds of 9/11 footage, and it was overlapped during those 4 seconds by footage of people riding bikes.

this is not a political move.

it was an ask jeeves search gone bad, witht he only results for "what should i put in my ad?" being footage of people on bikes and 9/11.

its 4 seconds. quit complaining.

Subliminal advertising that has you jones for whatever product they are pimping floats an image for a milisecond, so four seconds is an eternity.
Disgusting usage. They are coming here for their convention. They've declared it a Federal protection area so that the scumbags won't see how pissed people are at them.
Disgust & cowardice then, & nothing has changed.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
9//1 and vietnam are different.

9/11 was an attack upon this country due to failures by our government

Vietnam was a war, over several years but not an attack on our citizens.

I don't see how we can compare the two. Now bush could be using Iraq and Afghanistan since they are in fact wars but 9/11 cannot be compared.

I just think it should be off limits. but get ready, we are about to see a flight suited president landing a plane.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's exploitation in the most depraved sense. It's perverse and proves that they're completely desperate.

They're terrified b/c Dubya is WEAK.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Someone get me the vomit bag

Is this kind of crap normal to you Americans? Badly done sentiment like this would be laughed of our screens in the UK, I cringed watching them as they are the most embarrassing things I've ever watched.

Please don't tell me that people get all swelled up with a sense of pride by these things???

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Don't get me started on those ads! I mean they are friggin' scary!

"For a Better, stronger America....."

Not good....not good at all!

And the one I saw was not the 4 seconds of 9/11 footage. The one I saw was one with one shot of the tower smoking, happy smileing people, "The dot com boom gone bust" and GW himself. And I must say this. I wish I had never seen that ad! I know it is a normal campain ad, but not for him...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Do a goggle search on the people quoted as complaining about the Bush ad and you will immediatly see the media bias machine at its best. You are being lead like sheeple by the press.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Do a goggle search on the people quoted as complaining about the Bush ad and you will immediatly see the media bias machine at its best. You are being lead like sheeple by the press.

That's truly laughable.

Media Bias machine? Try again.

9/11 Families & Firefighters Call on Bush Campaign To Withdraw Ads Using WTC Imagery + UPDATE

2004-03-04 | UPDATE

Ask all parties to pledge not to use Sept. 11th images for political campaigns

New York, NY � A group representing family members of September 11th victims killed at the World Trade Center and New York City firefighters met in New York City today to renounce the Bush campaign�s use of 9/11 imagery in their newest campaign advertisements. Those assembled called on the Bush campaign to withdraw these ads from the airwaves.
www.unobserver.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join