It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden = CIA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was watching a documentry on OBL the other day, and I saw something that make me think. When OBL was in Afganistan, fighting the U.S.S.R., that he and his fighters got assistance from the american government, specifficially the CIA. Guns, Rockets, and who knows what else, were given to the "Rebel Fighters" to help fend off the Russians. I am not condeming that act (well here anyways), because it seemed nessissary at the time. When the CIA was over there working side by side with the future members of Al' Queida

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
yes, osama is on the CIA payroll.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Absolutely. I saw them mail out his paycheck once. It was addressed to:

Osama bin Laden
CIA Operative
3rd Cave on the Left side of the Road
Afghanistan

He gets 'em every two weeks but has to make sure he signs his time sheets.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
it IS fact that osama bin laden was trained by the CIA,
but i have no idea if/how that relationship was severed.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Most of those terrorists groups have had cia training, because a lot of them have been used by us at times in the past.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
More terrorist groups have KGB training, I'd imagine, since KGB used them more than CIA did.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
More terrorist groups have KGB training, I'd imagine, since KGB used them more than CIA did.

True, back in the 70's and early 80's you could make 100 dollars a day in certain Latin America countries
if you went with the Communists.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In bin Laden's case though wasn't the reason the cia had involvement with him was to fight off the soviets in afghanistan?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Osama may be CIA=MIA but that is it. He ceased to be much value to the CIA the day he became predictable.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The thing I love about the Osoma and the CIA is they even made a cute little hollywood film about it, how these tough afgan rebels are fighting the dirty commie scum its OK if we help them out lets send in our best CIA man........enter RAMBO !! the irony is wonderful who'd of thought Rambo III was a true story ! and how osoma struck back in real life? 10 years later hmm what went wrong?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

In bin Laden's case though wasn't the reason the cia had involvement with him was to fight off the soviets in afghanistan?

indeed, for one.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycosrus
it IS fact that osama bin laden was trained by the CIA,
but i have no idea if/how that relationship was severed.

he was traind by the CIA to fight the russians thats all.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
His expert CIA training led to the murder of 3000+ people in one attack...

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
yea, osama the CIA mastermind...

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's the same with Saddam. He used to be the wildcard of the US in the ME back in the seventies or whenever. But I guess it goes like the saying says: "You can never buy an Arab, but you can always hire him." When they stopped writing out the checks, their "friends" turned against them. Most terrorists seem to have been CIA apprentices at one time. Is the US thinking they can better control them if they create them?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
de profundus clamo ad te domine :shk:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
now now, don't cry!

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"Bin Laden left Saudi Arabia to fight the Soviet army in Afghanistan after Moscow�s invasion in 1979. By 1984, he was running a front organization known as Maktab al-Khidamar - the MAK - which funneled money, arms and fighters from the outside world into the Afghan war.
What the CIA bio conveniently fails to specify (in its unclassified form, at least) is that the MAK was nurtured by Pakistan�s state security services, the Inter-Services Intelligence agency, or ISI, the CIA�s primary conduit for conducting the covert war against Moscow�s occupation...
the Arab volunteers might well prove troublesome later, the agency reasoned, they at least were one-dimensionally anti-Soviet for now. So bin Laden, along with a small group of Islamic militants from Egypt, Pakistan, Lebanon, Syria and Palestinian refugee camps all over the Middle East, became the �reliable� partners of the CIA in its war against Moscow....
bin Laden had split from the relatively conventional MAK in 1988 and established a new group, al-Qaida, that included many of the more extreme MAK members he had met in Afghanistan. "

www.msnbc.com...

"In the words of CIA's Milton Beardman "We didn't train Arabs". Yet according to Abdel Monam Saidali, of the Al-aram Center for Strategic Studies in Cairo, bin Laden and the "Afghan Arabs" had been imparted "with very sophisticated types of training that was allowed to them by the CIA" 6

CIA's Beardman confirmed, in this regard, that Osama bin Laden was not aware of the role he was playing on behalf of Washington. In the words of bin Laden (quoted by Beardman): "neither I, nor my brothers saw evidence of American help". 7

Motivated by nationalism and religious fervor, the Islamic warriors were unaware that they were fighting the Soviet Army on behalf of Uncle Sam. While there were contacts at the upper levels of the intelligence hierarchy, Islamic rebel leaders in theatre had no contacts with Washington or the CIA."

www.globalresearch.ca...

What this all boils down to, is that the west used Bin Laden without him knowing it, there are claims that he had some close ties with the CIA but I personally believe his war against the west is partly due to his anger at being fooled into supporting US interests, this may sound silly, but it probably broke his heart.

Personally I see Bin Laden as a Keiser Sosa figure these days, he's probably dead. Bin Laden may despise the west, our beliefs and values, but I don't think this proves he was behind the 9/11 attacks, he is simply the perfect scapegoat.

Lets look at who really has benefited from the attacks, Vice President Cheney's old company Bechtel (it could be Halliburton) Now, I read in the private eye the other week, that in the five years previous to April 2002, Bechtel/Halliburton's profits or losses were -77%, in the period since April 2002, profits are +88%. What an incredible coincidence, and how fortunate for Cheney that during his period in office his company has turned over huge profits, except the problem is that Cheney himself made sure of this turn around by awarding them with contracts in Iraq and Afghanistan. I need some help getting my head around the legality of this, anyone?

www.capitaleye.org...

www.truthout.org...

pub88.ezboard.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Personally I see Bin Laden as a Keiser Sosa figure these days, he's probably dead. Bin Laden may despise the west, our beliefs and values, but I don't think this proves he was behind the 9/11 attacks, he is simply the perfect scapegoat.
Exactly!

I was under the impression that this is why Afghanistan happened?

It's all a part of a master plan...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wgatenson
Also this theory would help explain how the Bin Laden family were the only people allowed to fly out of the country on 9/11 (other than the Saudi Royal Family). And if he is CIA that would help explain how he got the attacks off without being caught (by the CIA).
Of course Osama Bin Laden works with the CIA, and he is a good business associate of G. W. Bush as well.

In fact, this picture tells how Osama Bin Laden works alongside the CIA in deceiving the American People:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join